lynn1286's profile

408 Messages

• 

10.7K Points

Friday, December 2nd, 2022 3:37 AM

Google Analytics 4 is coming! Is Homestead going to support this?

I have asked the question before, and still have no real answer from Tech Support on if or how we are going to be able to link up the new GA-4 analytics to our existing sites.  I was told at the beginning of 2022 that it wasn't addressed yet.  Now it's the end of the year, UA analytics is going to stop working by July.  I think it's time we get an answer. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Accepted Solution

Brand User

1K Messages

• 

30K Points

2 years ago

Thank you for making sure to bring this up, we have certainly made sure our engineering and development teams are aware of this impending change so we can ensure a smooth transition for our customers and their websites. 

4 Messages

• 

150 Points

@todd_h​ any update on this?

408 Messages

• 

10.7K Points

2 years ago

Thanks for the info.  

149 Messages

• 

7.6K Points

1 year ago

Is there anything new on this?  We are about a month away from the July 1 cut over.

4 Messages

• 

150 Points

1 year ago

Yes.  When will we be able to cutover to 4?

Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

1 year ago

Hello all! I have excellent news! The code change for Google Analytics 4 went live today! You'll be able to enter the code in the builder! 

408 Messages

• 

10.7K Points

@elyzabethv​ I haven't had to change this for a LONG time.  Is there a tutorial on where to put it, or is it just in that page management part like before that we enter it?

Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

Log into your Website Builder. Click Manage on the left, then click Google Analytics. Paste the Tracking ID you copied into this field and click Add Analytics.

408 Messages

• 

10.7K Points

I was hoping this was it.  Thanks.

149 Messages

• 

7.6K Points

@elyzabethv​ The Google Tracking ID you referenced has always been part of Website Builder and has been a feature prior to version 4.  I don't understand what the Homestead developers have added for Analytics 4.  The instructions Google provides indicate that a "tag" needs to be added to each page underneath the page"Header".  So where do we add the tag data for each page?

Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

Previously, our builder only accepted UA codes, which were the old codes. As far as I know, GA4 required you to add a code that begins with G. That is now accepted by the editor.