homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Friday, July 27th, 2018 6:18 PM

Fixing the Website Builder 404 error

Fixing the Website Builder 404 error
Some of you might come across the error that can happen with Website Builder sites. It looks like this:

If you see this, have no fear. This is an easy fix.

Step 1: Log out of Website Builder. Everywhere. This fix will not work if the builder is still open anywhere.

Step 2: Log into your Homestead account at homestead.com  and click on Websites Manager

Step 3: Choose the site that is experiencing the error from your list of sites (if you have more than one) and click "Rename"

Step 4: Click the yellow button that says "Check Availability", then click "Save"

Step 5: Go re-publish and enjoy your functional published site!

3 Messages

• 

152 Points

5 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled The Domain can not be associate with my site..

3 Messages

• 

152 Points

5 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled i published my website yesterday, yet my clients cannot open my site, nor can I. ....
Brand User

10.7K Messages

• 

142.4K Points

Please follow these instructions to resolve that 404 error you are getting.

9 Messages

• 

324 Points

5 years ago

Hi, I followed all your renaming instructions several times, including closing all sitebuilder tabs I had open, and remembering to click Publish, but I am still having this Page Not Found Error just on my mobile site. One odd thing though: on the mobile site if I use the Google button that says Web Site, it does bring up my mobile site perfectly, but if I scroll down to Google's results list and click on my web site there, that's when I get the 404 error. Could you please help me with that?
Thank you.
Brand User

10.7K Messages

• 

142.4K Points

Your site is working on my end on desktop and mobile. If it is not working through a Google Search, that would be something incorrect with the link with Google. You would need to work with Google to get that information updated through a Google Webmaster Tools account. You should be able to request that they re-crawl your website to get updated information.

9 Messages

• 

324 Points

By the next morning the Google glitch was fixed and everything is working well.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

5 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Domain help!.

I created a website before the domain was approved. I am having issues putting that domain with the website. How do I put the domain with the built site
Brand User

10.7K Messages

• 

142.4K Points

Hello,

Please follow these instructions to resolve.

4 Messages

• 

172 Points

5 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled domain not working.

my website dose not show up when i type in the domain name, this chat is stupid there are a million post. how can i talk to a live person. www.livincitheartist.com is my domain name please fix it. thank you
Brand User

10.7K Messages

• 

142.4K Points

If you follow the instructions in this article, you will be able to publish the website to the domain name.

5 Messages

• 

222 Points

5 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled 404 Page Not Found :( Oh, man. Looks like you’re totally lost. Want to go back to....

I am attempting to change my website name  from unofficialexploringwithjoshandcody.com to
the unofficialexploringcrew.com.    I had an issue obtaining a verification E-mail, but when I changed my E-mail it immediately appeared in my secondary E-mail address.  (See attached below).  

Recently you registered, transferred or modified the contact information for one or more of your domain name(s). ICANN requires all accredited registrars to verify your new contact information. You can read about ICANN's new policy at: http://www.icann.org/en/resources/registrars/raa/approved-with-specs-27jun13-en.htm#whois-accuracy.

theunofficialexploringcrew.com

In order to ensure your domain name remain active, you must now click the following link and follow the instructions provided:

http://approve.domainadmin.com/registrant/?verification_id=8870791&key=rRWMKg2RPu&rid=48575

I immediately clicked on the provided link and confirmed all the information, but I still continue to see this when I try to go to the new website.

Page Not Found :( Oh, man. Looks like you’re totally lost. Want to go back to the homepage?

Homepage

What am I doing wrong?

2 Messages

• 

142 Points

5 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled cannot get on my new site(2nd One) published and named brindleemt.com.

createed and published a second site named brindleemt.com paid for new domain  now i cannot get on to edit or find online HELP please
Brand User

10.7K Messages

• 

142.4K Points

You can access the building by logging into your Homestead account, clicking on Websites Manager, and choosing that site from the drop down. You will then see the option to edit or choose design.
I can see that there is a 404 error when going to that site. To resolve this issue, please follow the above instructions.

3 Messages

• 

172 Points

5 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Unable to see website after pointing to domain.

I have pointed my site as instructed and changed the nameservers at domain.com as instructed.  The homestead site manager indicates that the site is pointed but I get a Page not found message in the browser. 

3 Messages

• 

172 Points

5 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Domain Purchase.

Hello
i have an issue
so i Started Create the website , added my cc infos and payd for domain
domain created , got the verification email , i have completed
but the website domain still not working , please an operator from support check what about and fix the website

4 Messages

• 

232 Points

5 years ago

Same here. Followed your instructions, my old website is gone and the new one is not available nor in mobile form. 

4 Messages

• 

232 Points

Yes, I tried that already and it did not work. I called tech support and the rep could not fix the problem either. Looks like an issue on your end. The rep escalated this matter onward. Now I have no functioning website desktop or mobile. 

25 Messages

• 

584 Points

5 years ago

I am trying to follow the instructions, but the screenshots do not match what I am seeing.  Also, how does one "log out" of Website Builder?  The only thing I can see is to click on the menu at the top left, click on account home at the bottom, and then log out from there.  Am I missing something?
Brand User

10.7K Messages

• 

142.4K Points

Hello,

Your website is working, so you either already got these instructions to work or you don't need to do them.

3 Messages

• 

152 Points

5 years ago

I have tried this fix and is still not working
Brand User

1K Messages

• 

30K Points

I see that you have spoken with support, were they able to help resolve your question?

4 Messages

• 

174 Points

5 years ago

It did not work...now I have 2 pages coming up Error 404
Brand User

10.7K Messages

• 

142.4K Points

You are using Sitebuilder Plus, not WebsiteBuilder, so these instructions wouldn't apply to you.
Brand User

10.7K Messages

• 

142.4K Points

Your issue is that you need to fix the links in the navigation menu on your site. I suggest you browser for the page, not try to manually type the name in

12 Messages

• 

504 Points

5 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Site is down. Cannot do business.

Website pennduidefense.com is not loading.  As this is the primary means of retaining my services, this is not good.   It appears that all traffic yesterday was from France.  I don't operate in France.  HELP!
Brand User

10.7K Messages

• 

142.4K Points

Hello,

Please follow these instructions to resolve this error