P

10 Messages

• 

252 Points

Monday, September 2nd, 2024 9:22 PM

Domain Issue

I have 2 domains registered by GoDaddy, with Nameservers pointed to Homested. 

armypatti.com

cruisemompatti.com

the first works perfectly with no issues, the 2nd does not. It times out every time. 

If I go to activate the SSL (as all the help files say to do) all I get is "Domain cant be verified as it doesn't exist on builder"

HELP!

444 Messages

• 

11K Points

1 month ago

I looked at the whois.com site and it looks OK (except for the security certificate which seems to be missing, as you probably know).  Does the cruisemompatti site appear in your dropdown list when you click on Website Manager? Can you see the "association" block for that site in your Domains manager page?   I am guessing both sites are in the same account.  If not, you have a bigger problem.   You can call Homestead tomorrow (although it's a crapshoot as to whether you get someone who has some skills) at 800-710-1998.  Good luck.

10 Messages

• 

252 Points

it's in my domain manager and has an associated site that no longer shows as the "holding" website - it shows as the domain

never had this much trouble with this before, it's weird

444 Messages

• 

11K Points

That would be correct.  When you build a website in homestead (it originally has a .homestead.com name)  and attach a domain, it then shows as the actual domain name.  Does it show up in the Manage Websites list at all?  It SHOULD be there as the actual domain name if it is still attached.

10 Messages

• 

252 Points

screen shots

444 Messages

• 

11K Points

Hmmm- Looks right to me.  There isn't anything you can do with the Advanced DNS settings, because you do all that at GoDaddy anyway.  Have you tried opening the site by "Edit Site" ?  I would try that.  Click on it to be sure everything you expect is there, then PUBLISH it again.  If it indeed publishes back to the site being live, then you should be able to activate that SSL.  When did you notice this? This isn't a brand new site, is it?  Over the past 4-5 months, Homestead has had some serious and pretty ugly problems with sites not connecting through their DNS servers. Although-that is not the error being generated (DNS 1001 error) it is just timing out.   

10 Messages

• 

252 Points

it's a new domain and site. I just finished the site today and have been publishing as I go. Maybe I just need to wait longer?