homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Tuesday, November 8th, 2016 3:36 PM

Account: Create a New Site

Account: Create a New Site

Homestead has a couple different builders that have been used over the years. There was the original Sitebuilder Desktop. That program is limited in it's use, since it is an older program that is less compatible with modern systems. There is Sitebuilder Plus. This is the online version of the Sitebuilder Desktop program. It can only be used on existing sites that are already utilizing the program. Then, there is Website Builder. This is our newest builder that all new sites are created on.

To create a new Website Builder site:

1. Log in to your Homestead account.

2. Click on the Websites Manager tab, then click on Add New Website.
    Note: If you do not see Add New Website, then your account has reached its limit on sites. 2 additional sites can be made available for $2/month

3. Please provide a unique name for the site. This is just a placeholder that your site will be built under until you choose a domain name. Alternatively, you can choose to only use the site name, in which case, your site will work with the .homesteadcloud.com URL.

4. Click Add this Site. If the site name is already in use, you will be prompted to choose a different name.
    You do not enter a domain name in this space.

5. If your name is available, you will be taken back to the Websites Manager page.

6. If you are ready to move on, click Choose Design.

7. Select a category and/or search for keywords. You may also just browse through them by changing pages at the bottom.

8. When you find a template, hover your mouse over that template and click the select button to see a preview.

9. If you like the preview, click Select this Design. If you want to look at more options, select Close.

• At this time, it is not possible to change a template on a site. You would need to create a new site and pick a new template.

10. Clicking Select this Design will now bring you to the editor.

Click here to jump to step 2!

2 Messages

• 

80 Points

2 years ago

I don't want to use the website builder. I have web developer that created custom code.  How do I implement it for my domain?

Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

Hello 

I'm sorry, but this is not an option through Homestead. 

2 Messages

• 

70 Points

2 years ago

can I export my exiting site to the new one? I would really like to use the same domain name

Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

You'll be able to change the site association for your domain, to point it to the new site. 

2 Messages

• 

70 Points

2 years ago

can I export my old website to the new builder so i can use same domain?

26 Messages

• 

454 Points

2 years ago

How do I unfollow this post??  I clicked "unfollow" but I am still getting notifications on new posts!!  Please make it stop!  Help me!

14 Messages

• 

340 Points

1 year ago

I am looking to build a Gallery site with the art posted being for sale.  Do you have a template that would be applicable to that ?

1 Message

• 

60 Points

7 months ago

There used to be an option to create a website from scratch. I no longer see that option. Has it been removed, or am I missing it?

1.5K Messages

• 

15.3K Points

@robin5578​ Delete all the images and use what you want.

Brand User

1K Messages

• 

30K Points

Hello,

As mentioned above, we can recommend selecting a template and deleting the sections and elements. While not ideal when looking for a blank template, it is what we can recommend.