homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Tuesday, November 8th, 2016 3:36 PM

Account: Create a New Site

Account: Create a New Site

Homestead has a couple different builders that have been used over the years. There was the original Sitebuilder Desktop. That program is limited in it's use, since it is an older program that is less compatible with modern systems. There is Sitebuilder Plus. This is the online version of the Sitebuilder Desktop program. It can only be used on existing sites that are already utilizing the program. Then, there is Website Builder. This is our newest builder that all new sites are created on.

To create a new Website Builder site:

1. Log in to your Homestead account.

2. Click on the Websites Manager tab, then click on Add New Website.
    Note: If you do not see Add New Website, then your account has reached its limit on sites. 2 additional sites can be made available for $2/month

3. Please provide a unique name for the site. This is just a placeholder that your site will be built under until you choose a domain name. Alternatively, you can choose to only use the site name, in which case, your site will work with the .homesteadcloud.com URL.

4. Click Add this Site. If the site name is already in use, you will be prompted to choose a different name.
    You do not enter a domain name in this space.

5. If your name is available, you will be taken back to the Websites Manager page.

6. If you are ready to move on, click Choose Design.

7. Select a category and/or search for keywords. You may also just browse through them by changing pages at the bottom.

8. When you find a template, hover your mouse over that template and click the select button to see a preview.

9. If you like the preview, click Select this Design. If you want to look at more options, select Close.

• At this time, it is not possible to change a template on a site. You would need to create a new site and pick a new template.

10. Clicking Select this Design will now bring you to the editor.

Click here to jump to step 2!

14 Messages

• 

472 Points

6 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Where to download websitebuilder?.

I've been using Sitebuilder Plus for the past few years and I just found out about Websitebuilder, but can't find any information on getting it.  Can someone please tell me how to download it?  Thanks.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Hi Dan2539, there is no download. You just need to create a new site and it will use Websitebuilder.

14 Messages

• 

472 Points

I would have to remake my entire site as a new one?

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Unfortunately yes. The differences are too great to allow a conversion.

5 Messages

• 

324 Points

6 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled update business website.

can I update the website without losing my current?

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Anne1431, yes you can. Create a new site while the old one stays running. You can still edit the old one as well. When the new one is done, all you have to do is change the domain association to the new site.

5 Messages

• 

584 Points

6 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How do I access or upgrade to SiteBuilder Plus?.

Hi I wish to change to sitebuilder plus so I can edit on my mac ( problem is system is telling me I must have this but no offering a link ) is it possible to have both available as my computer at work isnt a mac ? how do I downlaod it and how do I email you for questions other than using this forum please.

my email alignbodymindsoul@ymail.com

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

6 years ago

Anthony7493, Every Homestead account can use the new Websitebuilder. If you create a new site, it will take you to the new templates and builder. Unfortunately, your old site can't be transferred, so it will take a little rebuilding, but that can be a good thing too.

7 Messages

• 

386 Points

6 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How do I use Websitebuilder?.

My account reads SiteBuilder, not WebsiteBuilder. How do I get WebsiteBuilder?

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: How do I add a blog in Websitebuilder?.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

davidvincentdec, just create a new site and it will use Websitebuilder

5 Messages

• 

194 Points

6 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled starting over with a new template.

I can't seem to start over with a new template. The drop down menu doesn't offer the change and I am told I can't delete the template I started because it has a domain attached to it. Please help.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

6 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Cannot edit my website as it is telling me there no pages to load but I reopened ....

Every time I go to the website manager and select edit site, Site Builder tells me there are not pages to load

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Mary6229, You need to create a new site. Your account was closed for some time. There is no longer a site. You will need to start a new one.

2 Messages

• 

130 Points

6 years ago

I am so frustrated, I want to get an answer to "How do I build a site from scratch WITHOUT using one of  your already-designed templates????!!!" And also, the new web builder does not have hundreds of templates and yes, I've read the instructions above and started a new site. But the only design choice I seem to have is to choose a template. 
Brand User

10.7K Messages

• 

143K Points

Hello Lily8613,

Yes it is true, with the new builder you have to choose a template. After that, EVERYTHING is able to be customized. If you want to start from a blank page, simply delete all elements from the template you choose OR add new pages that are "blank" and delete the pages from the template and then build the content  you want. 
Does that help?

661 Messages

• 

75.4K Points

6 years ago

You can choose a template and delete or replace all of the image content.

21 Messages

• 

524 Points

6 years ago

Hi! System shows me that I must upgrade to WebsiteBuilder for 9.99$pm, but doesn't show exactly what's included (how many pages, sites and etc). Currently I am on WebsiteGoldPlus. So is it plus 9.9$ to my package or replacing with old one?
Brand User

10.7K Messages

• 

143K Points

The upgrade is only for ecommerce on Website Builder. If you don't need that, you don't need to upgrade. The Website Builder itself doesn't cost anything.

21 Messages

• 

524 Points

thanks a lot!

2 Messages

• 

124 Points

What is the easiest way to make the mobile site match the desktop without being charged more fees?
Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Hello Shellymiller,

To set the mobile site to mirror the desktop go to the mobile editor. Click on settings and select desktop view. Then save and publish to make it go live. 

2 Messages

• 

130 Points

6 years ago

are there only 216 templates to choose from?
Brand User

10.7K Messages

• 

143K Points

Yes, the templates you see under "Choose Design" are the ones we have available.

8 Messages

• 

250 Points

6 years ago

Why does my Sitebuilder page looks different than the one from the image (with the K-9 training)? My Sitebuilder page looks 15 years old and it's very hard to use. Is this related to the design template?
Brand User

10.7K Messages

• 

143K Points

This is because your site is an older site, so it was built using our older builder. The images in this article are related to our newer builder that we launched 2 years ago. You are certainly welcome to use that builder, but you would need to rebuild your site in that builder.

8 Messages

• 

250 Points

I'm trying to do that. When I clicked on 'change design', my screen looks totally different. I don't have the category tab and the blank template option. Instead it asks me for the business type, website personality, website purpose, and target customer. 
Brand User

10.7K Messages

• 

143K Points

Right, because your site is on an older builder. If you are in your site and choose "Change Design" it is going to give you template options in that older builder. You need to rebuild your site in the newer builder, not change the design of your site in the older builder. The options will not look identical, there is no longer a "blank template" option, but everything else is the same.

2 Messages

• 

262 Points

6 years ago

But how do you access the old site?  I have a multisite option.  I talked with a guy about adding a new site, responsive site, and did.  But now I do not know how to go back and access my old cupiderosbooks.com site with webmanager?
Brand User

10.7K Messages

• 

143K Points

Hello,

You would need to log into your Homestead account, go under Websites Manager and choose which site you want to edit from the drop down menu provided.

6 Messages

• 

236 Points

5 years ago

I am ready to throw Homestead away. I DO NOT WANT TO BUILD A NEW WEBSITE. I am happy with what I have and don't have time to build a new one
Brand User

10.7K Messages

• 

143K Points

Hello Helen,

No one is forcing you to rebuild your site. If you received an email regarding our newer builder, WebsiteBuilder, which prompted this reaction, we are just informing you of your options. We wouldn't be doing our job if we had a better product to offer and didn't tell you about it. At that point, it is your choice to use it or not.

1 Message

• 

112 Points

5 years ago

I am having a lot of trouble with site builder but when I open website manager there is no tab to initiate website builder as suggested in the instructions