C

22 Messages

• 

344 Points

Sunday, January 28th, 2024 6:24 PM

"A Record www" missing on Homestead.com end.

I noticed some of my sites show up on the internet without the www and some with.

After checking the DNS settings for all my sites on homesteads end, it appears that the A Record www is missing for some sites.

Is the www required for the A record? 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

6 months ago

Hello, 

Yes the www is required for our sites. Can you give me an example of a site that is missing it?

22 Messages

• 

344 Points

wiltonmanorshandymanservice.com is one of my sites that is missing the www in the A record DNS on Homesteads end. There are other sites in my account that are also missing the www A record on Homesteads end. As of now Homesteads system will not allow me into the Advanced DNA settings. Do I need to call technical support?

22 Messages

• 

344 Points

@elyzabethv​ Now I'm stressed, the website and all its links were working fine without the www. 

Based on your comment, I had technical support add the "A Record www" in the DNA settings, and now all my website links that were indexed on the internet are not working. Do you know if this is a temporary thing that I have to ride out for 48hours? Or are those links now permanently dead because of the change by Homestead? I am feeling like I made a mistake by having them make the change. What is your opinion?

22 Messages

• 

344 Points

@elyzabethv​ It has been two days now since tech support added the www to the "A Record", and the site is still not up and running. Does tech support know what they are doing? The second tech that I spoke with said that the first tech did it wrong. So now the blame game.

How do I get this site up and running? This is stressful. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the site or indexing until I had Homestead.com tech add the www to the A Record.

How can I contact? I need a manager or a tech that is not going to sabotage my web presence.