homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Tuesday, July 28th, 2020 5:29 PM

Site Spotlight - indianfieldcampground.com

https://indianfieldcampground.com/

Can you provide a description of your business?

Indianfield Campground is home to many families who have become site owners and several seasonal rental sites.  Our campground is located in rural Salem, Connecticut right on Gardner Lake and is home to over 200 families.  We have numerous family activities including live bands, community dinners, events for kids, lake access and more. We also have a campground store, a picnic grove, and a playground.
We are open seasonally from April 15 through November 3.

How did you get started in this business?

I have been a resident at Indianfield for over 30 years and volunteer my time to bring the business forward to the online marketplace.

How do you market your business?

We utilize our Homestead powered website and search engine optimization to help potential buyers or renters find their new summer vacation home with us here at Indianfield.  SEO has been pivotal in helping us keep our sites full year after year!

How has technology, such as computers and the internet, impacted on how you conduct business?

The internet has changed our business dramatically.  Campgrounds once needed to give out brochures or get into regional magazines to market themselves.  Now, people use their phones and Google "campgrounds near me".  From there, they find our website and are able to contact us directly through email.

How important is social media to your business?

We utilize our Google account to increase our presence on the search engine and on Google Maps.  Google Calendar (embedded on our website) helps out with outreach and keeps our residents informed about our events.
No Responses!