C

10 Messages

• 

232 Points

Wednesday, November 22nd, 2023 3:24 PM

Website after updates will not publish

I completely changed my website after years of no updates. I deleted the original website pages and created new website pages. After finishing my website, I went to publish these new pages I created, and it tells me that they are published. However, when I open my website from a search engine there is a white screen that says, "The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable." Could someone help me with why this is happening and how to resolve this issue? Thank you. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

1.5K Messages

• 

15.3K Points

8 months ago

What is your URL? Are you using Sitebuilder plus or Websitebuilder? Have you tried a different browser? Try Chrome?

HELP?
Hours of Operation for Live Support: Mon-Fri: 6:00am - 5:00pm MST (No DST)
Sales: 1-800-986-0958 (Support can also be contacted via this number)
Support: 1-800-710-1998 (To close your Account)
FREE SEO Consultation: 1-888-412-9962
Sat-Sun: Closed

WEBSITE PAGE NOT PUBLISHING: Use Google Chrome or Firefox browser.
1. Try an F5 to Refresh your browser.
2. Publishing will be prohibited if you exceed your page limit or your storage limit. Does your account allow for 25 MB of disk space? If you are attempting to exceed that amount, so it will not publish.
3. You may add 1gb of space for $2/month.
4. you can look in the file manager and see if there are files no longer on a page that you can delete to free up some space.
5. To see your used and remaining storage space, go to homestead.com and log into your account. Select My Account > Account Summary > In the page that opens, you'll see your site stats, including the amount of MB used and remaining.
6. Do you have a 5 page plan? You may be trying to publish more than 5 pages. You can either remove pages to get down to 5, or you can add a 10/pack, 10 additional pages for $2/month.
7. Have you tried publishing from the file manager? https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/why-are-my-changes-not-publishing.

Have you reviewed your website publishing limitations?

Publishing will be prohibited if you've exceeded your page limit or your storage limit. Does your account allows for 25mb of disk space? If you are attempting to exceed that amount, it will not publish.

You can look in the file manager and see if there are files no longer on a page that you can delete to free up some space.

To see your used and remaining storage space, go to homestead.com and log into your account. Select My Account > Account Summary > In the page that opens, you'll see your site stats, including the amount of MB used and remaining.

10 Messages

• 

232 Points

@russell5607​ the URL is www.cwintersupply.com and I was using Sitebuilder Plus. I used Safari, Google Chrome, and Microsoft Edge and all of them had the same reoccurring issue. 

1.5K Messages

• 

15.3K Points

@charles3450​ The requested domain was not found in the Registry or Registrar's RDAP server. Your domain name is not registered.

Check it out yourself: https://lookup.icann.org/en/lookup

10 Messages

• 

232 Points

@russell5607​ How do you register the domain name?

1.5K Messages

• 

15.3K Points

@charles3450​ 

To Park Your Domain Name
  1. Log in to your Account Manager.
  2. Next to Domains, click Launch.
  3. Select the domain name you want to host on your Homestead account, and then from the Nameservers, select Set Nameservers.
  4. Select Premium, and then click Save. Your domain will be parked with our parked nameservers.
  5. Click OK twice.
Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

8 months ago

Hello, 

You may just need to update the site navigation links to the new pages you created:

‎Sitebuilder Plus: Edit Site Navigation Links | Homestead Community

10 Messages

• 

232 Points

@elyzabethv​ I updated the links and I am able to see 2 of them when I google the website, however I am still seeing the same white screen saying "The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable."

1.5K Messages

• 

15.3K Points

ICANN shows: "The requested domain was not found in the Registry or Registrar's RDAP server." Call customer support and maybe the can help you register your domain name: 800-710-1998.

Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

So, the home page still needs to be named Index and it looks like you've named it something else. Please change that page name back to Index, and you shouldn't see that message.