office_manager's profile

51 Messages

• 

956 Points

Saturday, December 4th, 2021 4:09 AM

Site freezes up Won't Save/Publish

For a couple of months now we have constantly had issues loading, saving, and publishing our site.  At times, it will open fine, at first, but then slowly lock up until we cannot get it to do anything.  We originally thought it was an issue with our internet, so I did not report it.  But now I have tried to manage our site on 2 other computers with different internet services and have the exact same issues.  This last week, I can only work on the site for 10-15 minutes before it completely froze up.  Also, when I try to open the site, it occasionally tells me that published files are different than our local files??

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

1.5K Messages

• 

15.3K Points

3 years ago

You probably timed out. Log out and login to restart your editor. When you're working, you should save your work intermittently. Timing out can produce work loss.

51 Messages

• 

956 Points

@russell5607 It is not from timing out.  It happens while I am actively working on the page.  And I save my work frequently.

1.5K Messages

• 

15.3K Points

3 years ago

HELP
Hours of Operation for Live Support
Sales: 1-800-986-0958 (Support can also be contacted via this number)
Support: 1-800-710-1998 (To close your Account)
FREE SEO Consultation: 1-888-412-9962
Mon-Fri: 6:00am - 5:00pm MST(No DST)

Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

3 years ago

Hello, 

I've cleared the cache of your site files. Let me know if you're still experiencing issues.

51 Messages

• 

956 Points

@elyzabethv Thank you - today it seems to be working smoother and did not freeze up on me. I also did not get any error messages.  It still seems a little laggy but definitely an improvement.  Hopefully, it holds!   Is there a way for me to clear my site cache or can only Homestead do that?

1.5K Messages

• 

15.3K Points

51 Messages

• 

956 Points

@russell5607 I have tried refreshing my browser multiple times.  Not only does it not help but it then causes everything to freeze up.  I believe @elyzabethv has answered my question above.

Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

That is something we need to do on our end. If you ever experience those issues again, please just let me know and I'll be happy to help. 

73 Messages

• 

1.1K Points

@elyzabethv  -- it is taking me 45 minutes to upload a single image into a photo gallery.  this site has always been terribly slow for editing and publishing pages, but all of a sudden it is WAY worse now.  and forget about publishing a page - that almost never works!  i have a few hundred more images that i need to upload, but it will take FOREVER.  is there a better website builder for what i am trying to do (uploading many images and frequently re-publishing pages?  HELP!  (I am using Website Builder)

73 Messages

• 

1.1K Points

3 years ago

same problems here - seem to be getting worse - it is taking me 45 minutes to upload a single image into a photo gallery. 

73 Messages

• 

1.1K Points

3 years ago

I'm very concerned that there have been no responses by anyone from tech support at homestead for two days

1.5K Messages

• 

15.3K Points

@mike3916

HELP
Hours of Operation for Live Support
Sales: 1-800-986-0958 (Support can also be contacted via this number)
Support: 1-800-710-1998 (To close your Account)
FREE SEO Consultation: 1-888-412-9962
Mon-Fri: 6:00am - 5:00pm MST(No DST)

You may like to review some related subjects:

WEBSITE PAGE NOT PUBLISHING: Use Google Chrome or Firefox browser.
1. Try a F5 to Refresh your browser.
2. Publishing will be prohibited if you've exceed your page limit or your storage limit. Does your account allows for 25mb of disk space? If you are attempting to exceed that amount, so it will not publish.
3. You may add 1gb of space for $2/month.
4. you can look in the file manager and see if there are files no longer on a page that you can delete to free up some space.
5. To see your used and remaining storage space, go to homestead.com and log into your account. Select My Account > Account Summary > In the page that opens, you'll see your site stats, including the amount of MB used and remaining.
6. Do you have a 5 page plan? You may be trying to publish more than 5 pages. You can either remove pages to get down to 5, or you can add a 10/pack, 10 additional pages for $2/month.
7. Have you tried publishing from the file manager? https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/why-are-my-changes-not-publishing.

Have you reviewed your website publishing limitations?

Publishing will be prohibited if you've exceeded your page limit or your storage limit. Does your account allows for 25mb of disk space? If you are attempting to exceed that amount, it will not publish.

You can look in the file manager and see if there are files no longer on a page that you can delete to free up some space.

To see your used and remaining storage space, go to homestead.com and log into your account. Select My Account > Account Summary > In the page that opens, you'll see your site stats, including the amount of MB used and remaining.

73 Messages

• 

1.1K Points

@russell5607

here's what I found:

Websites (Unlimited)
Pages (Unlimited)
Blog
PayPal Commerce
MB Storage Space (5120) | Total: (1769 / 5120 Used)

1.5K Messages

• 

15.3K Points

@mike3916 

So...

You have storage space available.

You may want to resize your image before attempting to upload it to your website. Aps available are paint or lunapic. I use lunapic which also has lots of enhancement features. Go to lunapic.com, upload and resize your image to optimize upload speed.

73 Messages

• 

1.1K Points

@russell5607

thanks for the suggestions, but that's not the problem (never has been before - it always let me resize them as part of the upload) - something is just wrong. 

I think elyzabethv has the answer about having to clear a cache - "something we need to do on our end" - I will call them tomorrow, too bad they don't have weekend support.

1.5K Messages

• 

15.3K Points

@mike3916

If you are using Internet Explorer, Edge, Google Chrome, or Mozilla Firefox you can quickly clear cache with a keyboard shortcut. While in your browser, press Ctrl + Shift + Delete simultaneously on the keyboard to open the appropriate window.

IMPORTANT: Be sure and close/quit the browser and restart it after clearing the cache and cookies.