R

3 Messages

• 

110 Points

Tuesday, March 26th, 2024 10:11 PM

Overlapping text

I have overlapping text in online site but not in preview when editing

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

1.5K Messages

• 

15.3K Points

4 months ago

There are many things you'll need to understand to get your problem solved.

BLENDING MULTI ELEMENTS:
I can't identify the structure of your content but I can inform you that you cannot impose one text box over another and expect their relative positions to translate on your published site. The same applies to integrating images into a text composition. You may want to use the Properties Editor for arranging elements. Whenever you click an element on your page, the properties editor appears on the right.

RESTORING THE GRID MAY HELP WITH DEFINING SPACES :
To get the grid back, just take your mouse and do a "right-click" in the gray colored area (blank area not populated by image or text elements). If you don't see the gray area, you may have to widen your browser window until it appears.

HOW TO SEE ALL THE ELEMENTS ON A PAGE:
In your editor, press the CTRL key down and tap A. This will highlight all the elements on the page. You should then be able to find the text box, click on it and delete it or move it.

ELEMENT OUT OF RANGE:
Set your page width to 1500. Use Page Settings > Background > Insert 1500 in the Page Width element > Save.
Depress the control key and press "A" to select all elements or right click your mouse and Select All. By doing this you'll have outlined all the elements. If an item is out of the range of your standard page width, you see it outlined. At this time you can select that one element and move it (unlock if needed) or delete it.

IMAGE LAYERING: This tool will help you arrange your items so they don't overlap.
Right-click the image and select a layer to move the element to the front or back.

LAYERING ELEMENTS:
Layering procedure: Select the element > right-click> choose your layering command.
The help section has no explanation for the "Bring Forward" and "Send Back" elements in the Image Setting menu. I don't think they have any purpose currently. Perhaps they did. what we've been trying to make them do, at one time. The programmers should try fixing that. It's very misleading. Also, there's no other explanation for layering. Layering is an excellent feature. Now you know how to use it, you'll find many applications for it.