C

2 Messages

• 

80 Points

Wednesday, December 27th, 2023 9:53 PM

Migration off of BigCommerce

We would like to migrate our site off of BigCommerce, perhaps to Homestead's web.com powered offerings. 

If there's no direct migration path, we would like to find a way to back it up so we can migrate the site ourselves.

Is there an article, tutorial, or other resource with details for how to accomplish this?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

1.5K Messages

• 

15.3K Points

7 months ago

Hello Cecil1763

I have the Bigcommerce site as well. Homestead is increasing my fee from $29.95 to $115 per month. I am transferring Billing to Bigcommerce where I can get a better billing rate, $39.95 per mo. 

If you're wanting to transfer, this is the info I've found: 

TRANSFER DOMAIN TO ANOTHER HOST:
‎https://community.homestead.com/conversations/domain-support/account-transfer-a-domain-to-another-host/5f2a9a855818095884490a40

2 Messages

• 

80 Points

Thank you for the link, but we are looking to move in the opposite direction(BigCommerce -> Web.com). We are not looking to transfer the domain, just the website contents.

BigCommerce's backup tools only allow us to access photos, not the root of the website directly. Without that access we would have to resort to manually copying the site, which would require a prohibitive amount of effort.

Considering the price hike and Homestead's partnership with Web.com, we were expecting to find some sort of documentation for how to move from BigCommerce to one of the plans directly supported by Web.com.

1.5K Messages

• 

15.3K Points

@cecil1763​ Good luck with that. Homestead has never accommodated other formats. Perhaps Web.com has another source.

Brand User

1K Messages

• 

30K Points

7 months ago

Here is some information about the exporting process for your BigCommerce store:
https://support.bigcommerce.com/s/article/Import-Export-Overview?language=en_US#export