lance2646's profile

5 Messages

• 

224 Points

Saturday, April 20th, 2024 6:11 PM

I am using a new computer and I need to know how to download my files from the file manager

I can see import but please help me to download my loaded files so I can rework them

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Accepted Solution

5 Messages

• 

224 Points

1 month ago

Ok, I answered my own question.  I see a way to download an archive that lets me have all of the files I've uploaded. It is on the opening page, after I log in to the homestead website, before going into 'Edit site'  under  'More' and 'download site archive'. Hope this also will help someone else with the same issue.

Bye for now

388 Messages

• 

10.5K Points

1 month ago

Are you using Website Builder or SiteBuilder?

5 Messages

• 

224 Points

SiteBuilder- and I know now how to get the files I need for editing review to be downloaded to my computer: (It is on the opening page, after I log in to the homestead website, before going into 'Edit site'  under  'More' and 'download site archive'. ) Thank you for your help

388 Messages

• 

10.5K Points

In this instance, it is fortunate that you are using site builder, because I am pretty sure there is not that option with Website Builder.  When upgrading sites from the older versions, the fastest way I found to capture files, text and photos was to literally drag them off the page into a new desktop folder.  (All the text I put in a Word file).  So good luck and I am glad you found a solution.

1.4K Messages

• 

13.9K Points

1 month ago

If you're using SB+:

OPENING OLD FILES:
Open your file manager: Select the URL on your page editor > select "File Manager" from the drop-down menu. Locate the page file > select/highlight and open the file.

Open your file manager, located under your URL on the page editor in the upper right corner of your page editor. You can elect to view your files using thumbnails using "Browse" at the top of the page. Select image or file not needed and delete using the delete command at the top of the page. Deleting an image that is publish will result in a blank spot on your website page.

5 Messages

• 

224 Points

That is helpful for putting back a file thanks. but does not let me have the files download back to my computer for editing on my computer. I appreciate your help about follow up and not just deleting. I think the best way to change an image or any other item on the website page is to upload the new edit in the file manager and then on the exact page being worked on, replace the link that spot will display, then save  and 'publish'

Thank you

1.4K Messages

• 

13.9K Points

@lance2646

You may try right click the file and copy or save as or open and save.

REVIEW:

https://kb.sitebuilderhost-support.net/hc/en-us/articles/360014102614-Exporting-your-files