homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Monday, October 22nd, 2012 7:55 PM

Closed

How do I clear my browser's cache?

I keep seeing older files on my website after I publish. When talking to someone they told me I need to clear the cache and temporary internet files within my browser. How do I clear my browser's cache?

This conversation has been merged. Please refer the main conversation:

Brand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

12 years ago

Hi,

If you've recently published and are seeing things like old text and images on your website, you may need to clear your Internet browser's history. Your browser keeps a cache or temporary memory of sites you've visited to speed up loading times. This means you might see a previous version of your site if you've just published.

Instructions are provided below for clearing the cache of different browsers, depending on what you use.

Internet Explorer 8.0 and higher

1. Hold down the Ctrl, Shift, and Delete keys at the same time.

2. In the Delete Browsing History window, make sure Temporary Internet files, Cookies, and History are checked. Make sure Preserve Favorites website data is unchecked.

3. Click Delete.

4. Close and re-open Internet Explorer.

Firefox

2. In the Clear All History window, for the Time range to clear: box, click the down arrow and choose Everything.

3. Make sure Browsing & Download History, Cookies, and Cache are checked.

4. Click Clear Now.

5. Close and re-open Firefox.

Chrome

2. In the Clear Browsing Data window, for the Obliterate the following items from: box, click the down arrow and choose the beginning of time.

3. Make sure Clear browsing history, Empty the cache, and Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data are checked.

4. Click Clear Browsing Data.

5. Close and re-open Chrome.

Safari

1. In the upper right hand corner, click the Settings icon. Click Reset Safari....

2. Make sure Clear history, Remove all webpage preview images, Close all Safari windows, and Remove all website data are checked.

3. Click Reset.

4. Close and re-open Safari.

Hope this helps!

Did this answer help? If so, please mark 'good answer' below for other people to find this post. Also like us on Facebook and Twitter to learn more about how to grow your business.

2 Messages

• 

144 Points

12 years ago

When viewing my page on Google Chrome, none of the pictures will update. Everything appears fine on Explorer and Safari, and the text updates fine on all three. But on Chrome I have updated text with outdated photos. Has anyone else experienced this?

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Updates do not appear on Google Chrome!.

1 Message

• 

114 Points

12 years ago

I have changed the picture on my home page and I have saved it and published it several times but for some reason it will not show up on my website. How can I fix this problem? This has been going on for almost a week.

Trouble changing pictures on homepage.

2 Messages

• 

144 Points

12 years ago

Sarah,
Try going to the page you want updated (via the web not SiteBuilder) and pressing CTRL F5 together. You may have to do it a few times, but it worked for me.

1 Message

• 

114 Points

12 years ago

I added a link to a page and it is not showing up.

Why are my new updates not showing up on my page after I publish it?.

1 Message

• 

114 Points

11 years ago

I did everything that I was supposed to do and when I enter my website address, it says "safari cannot open the page because the server cannot be found". This is so frustrating...I've had a great experience so far but this is getting me very frustrated! PLEASE HELP!!

Where is my website?.

120 Messages

• 

40K Points

Hi serendipityeventshawaii6187,

Please try using the instructions above and then viewing your site. I was able to view your site by entering your domain name in the address bar of my browser.

Let me know if the issue persist, thanks

Ehsan

2 Messages

• 

146 Points

11 years ago

Going through the process of updating the site, Saving, Previewing, and then Publishing seems to be working, but when I log on to the site that page has not been updated. Other pages have been, but one particular page has not.

HIt and miss updates..

120 Messages

• 

40K Points

Hi Stan0332,

Please give this a try and let me know if the issue persists. If so, please provide me with the page name that doesn't seem to be updating.

Thanks!

Ehsan

1 Message

• 

114 Points

11 years ago

i have made changes to my site, saved them, and published but the changes do not show up, not even days later.

saved changes wont publish.

80 Messages

• 

15.4K Points

Hi Rinza -

Please check out this post, as I do see on our end that your changes published properly. Let me know if clearing your cache doesn't do the trick.

Thanks,
Aubrey