H

13 Messages

• 

186 Points

Saturday, July 27th, 2024 4:19 AM

gibberish on website using site builder

First off, I've been doing my websites on homestead for over 20 years. I have never had an issue like this.

There's gibberish in my text boxes on my site, but not showing up in site builder. I try to update and fix, delete, new element, retype, etc nothing works. I am on MAC. I have not been happy with the site builder on the web and no download option, but this is the worst issue I can't seem to fix. 

How can I get my site working without gibberish again?!?! HELP!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

1.7K Messages

• 

17.1K Points

1 month ago

Give it a try! Create a new site today and enjoy all the new features!

13 Messages

• 

186 Points

thanks for the link. I really appreciate you sending it .

Unfortunately, it looks like I have to pay to utilize it, or even see what my options would be, and since I'm pretty disappointed with homestead, after 22-23 years, this may be the final straw. I'm not paying more when I suddenly can't access what I've already been paying for. I have a major issue on my site with no notice or way to fix it on the existing builder. It has affected my business. I will maybe try calling them Monday as a last ditch effort, but this may be what finally loses me and sends me to a competitor. Really disappointed in Homestead.

1.7K Messages

• 

17.1K Points

You'll have to pay anywhere else as well. What builder are you using. Are you using Sitebuilder Desktop, Sitebuilder Plus, or Websitebuilder?

13 Messages

• 

186 Points

After 23 years and my site suddenly not posting without gibberish, and no way to fix, it may be time to pay someone else. I use site builder on MAC on their site.

13 Messages

• 

186 Points

Welp... talking with customer service pretty much confirmed my fears. Terrible service and no way to transfer all 5 of my sites over to the new builder at once or easily. And the glitch on site builder they've known about and didn't alert anyone and it's been happening for a week. I'll check out the one site they opened for me "as a favor" to see the new builder, but the service response alone was enough for me to leave. I can't believe they care that little about someone who's been paying them monthly for over two decades. Disappointing.