susan9735's profile

9 Messages

• 

224 Points

Wednesday, June 19th, 2024 11:35 PM

Get rid of password!

I thought I was protecting one page! How do I get rid of the password forever!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

1.8K Messages

• 

18.2K Points

4 months ago

Review:

Sitebuilder Plus: Why is My Page Password Protected When I Didn't Add it?
https://community.homestead.com/conversations/sitebuilder-plus/sitebuilder-plus-why-is-my-page-password-protected-when-i-didnt-add-it/5f2a9b3958180958845eb497

HOW TO PASSWORD PROTECT A PAGE
https://community.homestead.com/conversations/sitebuilder-plus/sitebuilder-plus-password-protected-pages/5f2a9a82581809588448bad3

9 Messages

• 

224 Points

I hope you're right! Thanks

9 Messages

• 

224 Points

No Good - I deleted everything related to Homestead and still get asked for a password. Hoe tech support can fix this after so many years of using Homestead!!!!! And my site comes up without the pages list/links so I can't look at any of the pages. Soooo frustrated.

9 Messages

• 

224 Points

Can't go to the website-pull it up - even though I deleted EVERYTHING in google passwords.

Brand User

11K Messages

• 

145K Points

4 months ago

In addition to deleting the saved passwords in your browser, you also have to delete it from the page settings in the editor for that page. 

10 Messages

• 

150 Points

4 months ago

AMEN - A password keeps defaulting back in my tabs and I keep removing them. 

1.8K Messages

• 

18.2K Points

4 months ago

I experienced the same problem ever since I added a password protected page. I have deleted it from each page and have deduced that the password migrates to whatever page I exit from. Create a dummy page, an unlisted page, and use it for exiting your website editor. This practice will eliminate that problem with your published site.

It took me days to decipher the pattern. It's not random. The password is produced on the page you're editing when you exit your website editor. Create a "dummy" exit page that eliminates the password from interrupting your visitor's experience.  Occasionally I'll time out and the page pops up with a password required. Log in, delete the password, and exit using my dummy page. This is a solution.

Homestead has reviewed this problem and has answered:

"The only method that we can see to cause this is by having the password stored in your browser. Once that is removed, then you remove the password from the page and it should not return. If it does, then the password is still stored in the browser. We have spent quite a bit of time looking at this, and for everyone so far it has resolved the issue. We have never found anything that would indicate another cause or something we can fix."

MIGRATING PASSWORD:
Follow the steps in this article to locate the password, remove it, save, and publish and it will no longer request a password when visiting that page.
https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/sitebuilder-plus-password-protected-pages