kathywildman's profile

103 Messages

• 

4.3K Points

Thursday, June 1st, 2023 12:40 AM

502 site builder

I edited the html for my index page and tried to save and publish the page. got the message below. I think it might have been saved but the publish showed 0% before this message. 

502 - Web server received an invalid response while acting as a gateway or proxy server.

There is a problem with the page you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed. When the Web server (while acting as a gateway or proxy) contacted the upstream content server, it received an invalid response from the content server.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

103 Messages

• 

4.3K Points

1 year ago

I opened a new homestead page and opened site builder. I again tried to publish the page and got a box saying: You must disable your browsers popup browser to use all the features in this application.

103 Messages

• 

4.3K Points

1 year ago

I found out how to disable the browser and added https://sitebuilder.homestead.com/~site/builder/ to the allow list and then got this box:

Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from whatdidyoubringme.homestead.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more

NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID
I spent over an hour with homestead technical support and they said they had corrected the cloudflare problems....  She said I needed to correct the html in my button links to have an s in the html which is the edit that I was trying to update in sitebuilder. ...... I need my site back. 

103 Messages

• 

4.3K Points

1 year ago

Now my page https://kathywildman.com/ has some text overlapping the lower part of my text with "Website Designed by Kathy Wildman © 2023 at Homestead™ Create a Website and List Your Business"

I have no desire to have your commercial on my webpage!!!! I have been on homestead since 1994 and have never had so may problems. It was working fine as recently as last week but now all pages are deemed unsafe. 

103 Messages

• 

4.3K Points

1 year ago

I opened sitebuilder again and imported my original html to replace the page that I edited inside sitebuilder but it still has the commercial line coving part of my text. https://kathywildman.com/ I still cannot navigate to any of the product categories without getting the connection is not private. 

1.8K Messages

• 

18.2K Points

1 year ago

F5 - refresh you browser.

HELP
Hours of Operation for Live Support
Sales: 1-800-986-0958 (Support can also be contacted via this number)
Support: 1-800-710-1998
FREE SEO Consultation: 1-888-412-9962
Mon-Fri: 6:00am - 5:00pm MST(No DST)

103 Messages

• 

4.3K Points

1 year ago

when I go to https://www.homestead.com/~site/Scripts_SiteManager/SiteManager.dll?CMD=CMDManageFiles to edit my files I was blocked by cloudflare:

You can email the site owner to let them know you were blocked. Please include what you were doing when this page came up and the Cloudflare Ray ID found at the bottom of this page.

Cloudflare Ray ID: 7d091c12fc263b08Your IP: Click to revealPerformance & security by Cloudflare

103 Messages

• 

4.3K Points

1 year ago

The IP in the above comment is 73.183.74.84

Brand User

11K Messages

• 

145K Points

1 year ago

Hello, 

I can see that you called support. Do you still need assistance?

103 Messages

• 

4.3K Points

@elyzabethv​ I do still need help see following comments. Please and Thankyou for all past help. I am trying everything to get back online. I have had this website since the beginning and have never has such a problem. It was working fine until Memorial day weekend. I set up SSL five years ago and it worked fine. Is this a subdomain problem as Homestead tells me or maybe a CNAME problem as I learned about on Cloudflare? 

(edited)

103 Messages

• 

4.3K Points

1 year ago

Yes  Please. The last I was told was that the only way I could rewrite my webpages was to use the downloaded offweb program that was used to make the original webpages 24 years ago! This program is no longer available so I would have to use my own saved copy! I did not used that program and any computer that I owned 24 years ago is long gone. Homestead has changed ownership several times. I have used it since it was a free website. I continue to try to use the current sitebuilder onsite. MY site was up and running a little over a week ago and I had successfully used the page and file manager to keep it current. I have been advised to remove whatdidyoubringme.homestead from my URL and make all pages point to KathyWildman.com When I try to publish the edited pages I get "Oops! Your requesr failed due to a network or server error. Try again and if it still doesn't work, call us at : 1-800-710 1988.(Error Code: 0X01)"

Brand User

11K Messages

• 

145K Points

Hello, 

Can you give me an example of a page that is giving you that error? Or a screenshot of your File Manager that you're referring to?

103 Messages

• 

4.3K Points

Thanks to three calls to support I have a lot of new words and procedures and have recovered all of my website pages except the order form. https://www.whatdidyoubringme.com/orderform.html When that page opens it is blank with a blinking attempt to load words into the URL bar. Thanks to all for the help so far. Great to have the website back but the order form is a bit crucial. When I try to preview the page the refresh X keeps blinking. I pressed print screen but it does no want to paste here. the page and file manager is for my account kathywildman.com whatdidyoubringme.com points to that site but the domain was bought on Hawk Host to host the order form since it had some code that was not supported by homestead. 

(edited)

103 Messages

• 

4.3K Points

@elyzabethv​ Thanks to three calls to support I have a lot of new words and procedures and have recovered all of my website pages except the order form. https://www.whatdidyoubringme.com/orderform.html When that page opens it is blank with a blinking attempt to load words into the URL bar. Thanks to all for the help so far. Great to have the website back but the order form is a bit crucial. When I try to preview the page the refresh X keeps blinking. I pressed print screen but it does no want to paste here. the page and file manager is for my account kathywildman.com whatdidyoubringme.com points to that site but the domain was bought on Hawk Host to host the order form since it had some code that was not supported by homestead. 

Brand User

11K Messages

• 

145K Points

I can see you called and got the order form issue resolved as well?

103 Messages

• 

4.3K Points

Yes, I appreciate your concern. It is finally back to where it was in mid-May. What a mess, with no indication of why it happened without any incipient changes on my part. 

103 Messages

• 

4.3K Points

1 year ago

I have successfully updated the index page and am trying to do so on the t-shirt page with kathywildman in the navigation buttons instead of whatdidyoubringme.homestead but when I try to use the navigation button I get this notice "The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable." since I have not been able to publish the updated page. When I did  another result from my attempt to publish I got this website. https://whatdidyoubringme.homestead.com/~site/Scripts_UnderConstruction/UnderConstruction.dll?CMD=CMDViewSite&PATH=Tshirts.html%3F_%3D1685774255316&HS_ID=7786757&REFERRAL=SBPUBLISH which leads back to homestead with an attempt to sell me a listing service which I do not want or need since I do not have a brick and mortar store. Is this blocking my ability to update my website. I had listed my website without help or payment to homestead on such sites as an online only store with no noticeable results. 

103 Messages

• 

4.3K Points

1 year ago

I also got the above advertisement open when I posted the last comment. Are all these problems due to aggressive marketing by the new owner web.com. I cannot even link to homestead.com without this message page:

The connection to www.homestead.com is not secure

You are seeing this warning because this site does not support HTTPS. Learn more

1.8K Messages

• 

18.2K Points

@kathywildman

Follow these instruction exactly to secure your website.

MAKE YOUR SITEBUILDER PLUS WEBSITE SECURE: Cloudflare can be used to add a free SSL. Please refer to these instructions. https://community.homestead.com/conversations/sitebuilder-plus/can-i-secure-my-homestead-website-with-https/5f2a9b1658180958845a60de
If you're having trouble with the Cloudflare set up, you can always call for assistance 1-800-710-1998.

103 Messages

• 

4.3K Points

My site kathywildman.com was secure until just before Memorial day when it dropped off the WWW. I made this site in the mid nineties as whatdidyoubringme.homestead.com at some time I got the domain name kathywildman and pionted to the subdomain whatdidyoubringme Support tells me that the site is no longer secure because of the subdomain, I have been trying to remove that from the links and just use links like kathywildman/files/tshirt.html I see that the file manager still has the subdomain in control. How do I remove the subdomain whatdidyoubringme

103 Messages

• 

4.3K Points

@russell5607​ I signed on the cloudflare 5 years ago and did not have a problem until just before memorial day weekend. 

103 Messages

• 

4.3K Points

1 year ago

when I clicked on Domain it is not clear how to remove a subdomain when I tried to clik on advanced DNS I got the following message: Sorry, you cannot edit your advanced DNS settings for this domain because you have altered your default nameservers. If you wish to edit your advanced DNS settings, please reset your nameservers to the default Homestead nameservers first..... How do I do this? Is this how I delete my subdomain?

1.8K Messages

• 

18.2K Points

@kathywildman

Review: https://community.homestead.com/conversations/domain-support/account-create-a-subdomain/5f2a9a8458180958844902e6

103 Messages

• 

4.3K Points

I want to remove my subdomain whatdidyoubringme.homestead.com and just have all pages in a file and my kathywildman.com file at the top. 

103 Messages

• 

4.3K Points

1 year ago

I have had been on cloudflare for five years and now my site is no longer visible due to security issues. in checking the DNS for kathywildman.com I found one line that had a ! inside a red triangle

CNAME
websites069.homestead.com

DNS only

clicking on that icon gives a popup message I tried to copy it but did not get the first bit as it was cut off by the left margin. 

Is this why my website has been blocked?

es the IP address used in the CNAME record on www.kathywildman.com. Enable the proxy status to protect your origin server. Learn more.

1.8K Messages

• 

18.2K Points

@kathywildman​ HELP
Hours of Operation for Live Support
Sales: 1-800-986-0958 (Support can also be contacted via this number)
Support: 1-800-710-1998
FREE SEO Consultation: 1-888-412-9962
Mon-Fri: 6:00am - 5:00pm MST(No DST)

103 Messages

• 

4.3K Points

1 year ago

Since a few days before Memorial Day my website has been unavailable due to cloudflare issues.  The cloudflare issues seem to be corrected but the page and file manager is shuffled and I cannot get past the second level of files.  When I try to open individual pages I get this message "The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. " the pages and images are in the sitebuilder P&F page so the information is still there. Over the past 20 years I used this page and file manager to design and maintain my website https://www.homestead.com/~site/Scripts_SiteManager/SiteManager.dll?CMD=CMDManageFiles&WorkingDir=files I now see that most of my files and pages are no longer there. I have the TOP but the files only has one page and should be full of image folders. When I try to import the other pages I get this page "

Sorry, you have been blocked

You are unable to access homestead.com

Why have I been blocked?

This website is using a security service to protect itself from online attacks. The action you just performed triggered the security solution. There are several actions that could trigger this block including submitting a certain word or phrase, a SQL command or malformed data.

What can I do to resolve this?

You can email the site owner to let them know you were blocked. Please include what you were doing when this page came up and the Cloudflare Ray ID found at the bottom of this page.

Cloudflare Ray ID: 7d3164e62f4c3982 • Your IP: Click to reveal • Performance & security by Cloudflare" When I click to reveal my IP I get Your IP: 73.183.74.84  My homestead IP should be 108.167.135.72 Please let me know what I can do to remove the cloudflare block on this action. Thanks, Kathy