Site Spotlight - http://www.csthousing.com/
1. Can you provide a description of your business?
CSTH provides quality affordable furnished housing, with flexible lease terms to business people, military personnel, area re-locators and other visitors to areas throughout Central Pennsylvania
2. How did you get started in this business?
Contemporary Short Term Housing was founded in 2007 by David Dunn. As a seasoned business traveler in the hotel technology industry, David was fully aware of the rigors of living out of a suitcase. As a real estate investor, he was looking for a way to leverage his knowledge of the hotel business with his real estate holdings. After surveying the options for corporate housing in Harrisburg, PA he quickly realized Contemporary Short Term Housing could offer a superior housing option along with a professional team that is focused solely on corporate housing clients.
Since then Contemporary Short Term Housing has continued to successfully offer attractively decorated short-term housing in Harrisburg, PA to guests that prioritize comfort and convenience. The calming atmosphere in our spacious condominiums will make your visit to Central Pennsylvania as comfortable and relaxing as being at home. We provide three or four times the square footage of a hotel at a significantly lower rate and offer, more, privacy, convenience, and flexibility to suit their needs. As a locally based, owned, and operated business, we are dedicated to helping our guest’s transition to their new homes as efficiently as possible.
3. How do you market your business?
Our website is our primary method of marketing the business. Additionally, over the years we have developed relationships with a network of nationwide corporate housing and relocation partners. Locally, we network with other property owners, realtors, and area apartment complexes. We also advertise on other corporate housing websites.
4. How has technology, such as computers and the internet, impacted on how you conduct business?
Without technology, we could not operate our business or at the very least it would be much more difficult. The internet and our website create interest and sales leads from around the world, we then generate a customized response to each potential guest and use web-based forms to collect guest information, deposits and obtain signatures on leases. We also use technology to automate guest services and billing.
5. How important is social media to your business?
Social media plays a big role when it comes to reviews. In the past, we have posted guest comments on our website but more recently we’ve used asked guests to post comments on Facebook and Google business reviews. We also actively post content we think our clients are interested in on Twitter and feeds the post to our Facebook page.
5 years ago
5 years ago
5 years ago
4 years ago
That's about it. Great job David!
- I like your use of fonts, in most cases. I would look at changing a little though. On the view-homes page, you have each property listed and linked. I like the script font, but only for the title. I would switch the brief description of the property to an easier to read font. This is particularly true if you are not able to enlarge the font size due to space. I can see it on my desktop with 24 inch monitors, but on my 17 inch laptop, the script is a little difficult to read in the small size. You can take a look at a recent topic about adding text.
- A similar issue on the furnished locations page. In your list, I would switch the script font to the title and use the block font in the description to make it more readable.
- This also is on the About-us page, but you get the idea. Small fonts need to be easy to read.
Does anyone else have suggestions or questions?