1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Friday, May 25th, 2018 9:32 PM

Site Spotlight - http://www.christmastreevineyardlodge.com/

http://www.christmastreevineyardlodge.com/

Can you provide a description of your business

Don't Just Stay - Explore!

Nestled in the woods in Tahoe National Forest, Christmas Tree Vineyard Lodge offers a Bed and Breakfast rustic mountain retreat for snow enthusiasts and summer adventurers alike. We are your headquarters for year-round recreation in the Sierra Nevada.

Weather in the Tahoe National Forest is amazing. Spring features colorful wildflowers,summer sun warms the lakes and rivers. Fall brings an array of vibrant colors followed by winter storms that transform the area into a snowy playground.

(We are a remote location within California's Tahoe National Forest.  It is 15 miles to the historic town of Foresthill)

How did you get started in this business?

The dream of our parents Joe and Claudia Raco, executed by the entire family.

How do you market your business?

Stand alone website; rack cards; word of mouth, gift certificate donations to local events.

How has technology, such as computers and the internet, impacted on how you conduct business?

Technology makes life easier for the customer and the business when making reservations and availability inquiries.  Reduces the back and forth of emails, phone calls and missed opportunities.

How important is social media to your business?

It is important, however we lack skills in this area. We only use one social media-Facebook.

29 Messages

• 

1.4K Points

6 years ago

This scroll effect is what we want to incorporate into our church website.  Really like the simplicity of this site and how it reflects a modern web design.

29 Messages

• 

1.4K Points

6 years ago

Drew we have had a lot going on so Redeemer's website has taken a back seat until today.  Was moving along pretty good until I started working on the secondary pages and realized my main page "about us" header had changed when I did the header for the secondary pages.  I have searched this site and found only info for sitebuilder page management.  So I need your help and also on the main page I have an issue with linking the images (4 of them) to my secondary pages.  My site is redeemercatawba.homestead.com  Are there any tutorial pages available for Websitebuilder?  Thanks for any guidance you can provide.
Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

Anything in the "header" section will show on all pages, so I recommend creating a smaller header with just the navigation menu and name and then you can have the rest of the content below. There are articles in Community for Website Builder, and if you don't see one, ask and it can be considered for creating one.
What issue are you having linking images?

29 Messages

• 

1.4K Points

Thank you Elyzabeth ..... I will rework the header on my site.  As for linking images I placed 4 images in my third section (I think) using image gallery.  I was able to use my images and change text, but in preview when you scroll over the image it goes into a slide show ... so determined this is not what I want. I also want each of my four images to link to a secondary page on the site.  Drew worked with me on this but I  have lost his email.  I do recall he said I would need to add a tab for each image. 

Is there a tutorial anywhere I can get?  The tutorial offered in the editor itself does not work for me.  When I Google all I get is Site Builder and I am very familiar with this version of your product.  Thanks for any assistance.
Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

It sounds like you would just need to add 4 separate individual images and use the link icon in the menu for each image to link to another page. There is no tutorial for linking images currently. It is very simple though. Add the image, than click the link icon and choose the website page you want it to link to.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

6 years ago

I have a few suggestions to make for this site.

1. Read our topic on page titles and descriptions. You can do much more very easily and make a better impression with search engine results.
  2. Rename the "about" page to something more relevant to the content.
  3. There is what looks like a link at the bottom of the about page that doesn't go anywhere. It would be good to make a page with your policies and fix that link.
  4. Consider making a real about page that contains a history of the lodge and/or area. Maybe pictures of the staff with small bios included. 
  5. On the mobile site you hid your logo. I would make it visible again, but if you don't want it, you should close the gap between the header and "Reservations and Availability
I hope this helps!