homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Tuesday, February 19th, 2019 1:29 PM

Site Spotlight - brsinspect.com

https://brsinspect.com/

1. Can you provide a description of your business?

We are a full-service home inspection company.  We typically work for a home buyer, but sometimes work for a home seller.  We do home inspections, termite inspections, radon testing, water testing, and structural inspections.

2. How did you get started in this business?

I got started in the business when I was investing in real estate.  Because of my background in Civil engineering, I already had the technical knowledge required and it was a good fit with my interest in real estate.  My son is now my partner, which is great because he grew up with the business.

3. How do you market your business?

Most of our business comes from referrals from realtors, so we belong to the realtor's organizations, and advertise in their media.  However, the internet has become a more and more powerful tool in helping to get business.  We find that when a realtor recommends us to a buyer, the buyer is quick to go check us out on our website.  What they see on our website will often cause them to call and schedule an appointment.  We also use Facebook.

4. How has technology, such as computers and the internet, impacted on how you conduct business?

I have been doing this for about 19 years.  In the beginning, we issued paper reports through the mail, used paper checklists in the field, and used hard-copy literature to advertise.  Now the reports are sent electronically, we use tablets in the field that can handle photographs, and advertise electronically. 

5. How important is social media to your business?

As mentioned earlier, we use Facebook.  We don't have a good way to measure how much Facebook is helping us, but our gut feel is that it is helping.  You can find us on Facebook as Berks Realty Services.  Note that we do have a link to our Facebook page on our website.
No Responses!