homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Tuesday, February 19th, 2019 1:32 PM

Site Spotlight - bkfservices.com

https://bkfservices.com/

Can you provide a description of your business?

I run a small private practice for children and adolescents.  I specialize in animal-assisted therapy.  I am a licensed professional counselor

How did you get started in this business?

I worked as a school psychologist for many years and eventually decided that I would like to be in private practice.  I have special knowledge/experience in animal-assisted therapy and could not pursue this unless I owned my own practice.

How do you market your business?

I am lucky, in a sense, because I do not spend much on marketing.  I am subscribed and listed with one industry-leading company who optimizes their company constantly and I can be found there by area of specialization and location of practice.  This has been a very effective tool for me.  I also use Homestead’s optimization tools.  I have used google adwords in the past but found the additional monthly expense did not substantially increase my business.  Most of the marketing is honestly word of mouth and I have been able to establish a good referral network via other professionals/providers and schools.

How has technology, such as computers and the internet, impacted on how you conduct business?

Tech is important for literally everything.  This applies to all the aspects of running a business, marketing a business and keeping business. Regarding my website: In my experience, people go to my website once.  Maybe twice.  And it’s only because they are looking for my specific service, want to know what I do that is different from anyone else they could (and do call) and how to contact me.  When I recently rebuilt my website is was to be visually appealing, visually obvious as to the nature of my business, and also to provide brief, concise information that would prompt one to call for further information.

How important is social media to your business?

I currently do not use any social media for my business.  In fact, I had a FaceBook and a Twitter at one point but found it distracting and somewhat negative.  I may consider using social media again in the future as I intend to expand my service offerings

165 Messages

• 

8K Points

5 years ago

You are very wise, Facebook is a major waste of time. Avoid it, it is not a good marketing tool whatsoever.