homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Wednesday, July 17th, 2019 3:43 PM

Sitebuilder Plus: Why are Changes Appearing on all of my Pages?

Sitebuilder Plus: Why are Changes Appearing on all of my Pages?
Why are changes appearing on all of my pages? 

If you made changes to a page, but the change is showing 
up on all pages, you need to edit the area of the page that appears on 
all your pages. The yellow bar at the top of the page indicates you are 
making changes that will appear on every page in your site. For example,
you would want your logo on every page but you probably don't want a 
map of how to get to your business on every page. Follow the steps below
to undo changes that were made to all of your pages. You can easily see
everything that appears on a specific page, compared to what appears on
all pages. For more information, go to Can I show only the items that appear on all of my pages?.

1. Click the heading icon on the toolbar.

1. Click the element (like a text box, image,
    map, or video) that is appearing on all your pages. When you select the
    element, you will see a yellow or blue box around it.

• If the box is yellow, the element is on every page.

• If the box is blue, the element is only on the page you are currently working on.

To delete elements that are appearing on every page, you will only delete items that have yellow boxes around them. 

1. Click Cut in the toolbar.

1. Click Return to Page.

1. Make sure you are on the page that you want to place the element on. Click Paste.

Repeat as needed.

2 Messages

• 

120 Points

4 years ago

I am on the Homebuilder basic version (not PLUS).  I do not have the toolbar you indicated anywhere I can find.  I have tried to compose several pages, but each time I do it changes all pages to my most recent changes.  Have struggled with this for over a day now & cannot see what is wrong.  Any suggestions?? Thanx!!
Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

4 years ago

Hello,

I do see you are utilizing WebsiteBuilder.  If you are seeing changes appear on multiple pages, make sure you are not editing a header or footer section, you can also check that the section or element is not set to show on all pages. 

61 Messages

• 

1.2K Points

So how do you "set" the element so it doesn't show up on all pages?    Section B on the Main page of www.benefitssitedemo.com shows up everywhere, unintended, but when I delete from another page, it deletes from all pages, INCLUDED the intended page!
Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

That is a WebsiteBuilder website, those elements may have been attaching to the header. To fix this click on the image and text element and drag it slightly down. You will see a message appear that says attach to section B.

Once you see that message, release and at the bottom of the editor it will show it will only display on this page. 

61 Messages

• 

1.2K Points

Michelle....that didn't work, it was in the Section, not the Header or Footer, plus, when I moved the text and image to a Section on an undesired page, then deleted it, it was deleted on the desired page too (Home).   Other ideas?
Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

This solution works on my end to only have it display on the home page without affecting others. Would you like me to save it?

61 Messages

• 

1.2K Points

Yes, please save and publish.   I wish I knew how you did it, I worked on it for hours!  Thanks Michelle.

2 Messages

• 

120 Points

4 years ago

Thank you so much Michelle! Your suggestion helps a whole lot.  Thanks again!! (:
Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

You are welcome. 

8 Messages

• 

342 Points

4 years ago

How do I make something appear on all pages in Sitebuilder Plus? Thanks

Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Hello,

If the builder does not have this button you may have chosen a design without the master template feature. Content will need to be manually added to each page. You can use keyboard copy(ctrl+c)/paste(ctrl+v) to add elements to multiple pages. 

3 Messages

• 

190 Points

Follow these steps to keep everything from showing up on each page. First click on the "Site Section". Then click on "Size and Position". Turn off the option to show on all pages. Then click "Finish".

Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Thanks for sharing. 

2 Messages

• 

80 Points

I have the same problem.  The button for show on all pages is toggled off but it still appears on all pages.