homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Wednesday, October 17th, 2012 1:42 AM

Sitebuilder Plus: View File Manager

Sitebuilder Plus: View File Manager

Here's how you find the file manger:

1. Click on the Websites Manager in the left navigation menu. Then, click Edit Site.

2. Click your domain name or sitename at the top. Then, choose View File Manager from the drop-down menu.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

11 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
I can't access the file manager... It is not showing up....

I am following the provided instructions for accessing the file manager but I do not see the link as described in the help section...

Please assist me...

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

The link won't be there if you are using the desktop version instead of the Plus version. I updated the Official Response above to include instructions for both versions of SiteBuilder. If you are still having problems let us know.

Mike

7 Messages

• 

262 Points

11 years ago

I know where is at. Don't be this any more.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

11 years ago

How do I remove uploaded files?.

How do you remove a file from the files upload? It seems that I am gathering more and more KB's and not able to manage the uploaded files...I want to remove some to make more space...this website just seems to be a vaccuum that wont let you take files out...

3 Messages

• 

174 Points

11 years ago

Can I delete 434 files in one web page at once ?.

How can I delete all 434 files on a old web site and starte new ? Erasing them one by one is way to slow with Sitebuilder Plus. At least with desk top sitebuilder, it let me erase all of the files at one time and was much faster, Thank You Steve

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

You can delete all files from the File Manager, or, you could just start a new site which will automatically override and wipe everything out. See this thread; https://community.homestead.com/homes...

If this post helps, please give a "Star" and complete this survey to rate me.

Thanks!

Mike

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

11 years ago

Can you upload a web design to an inuit website, or do you have to use intuit templetes?.

I need ftp instructions in order to upload my web design to my site. Is this possible or can you only build a site using intuit templetes? I had a web designer build mine, but she cannot upload it.

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

If you've created a site with other software you will not be able to edit it with out SiteBuilder, but you can upload the pages through the File Manager located in the SiteBuilder.

11 Messages

• 

332 Points

11 years ago

can I create a page with other software program and load it onto my existing page.

I would like to create a drop down menu and find that I cannot do this with the intuit software from homestead. I'm considering purchasing a webpage creating program to make certain pages and am wondering if can upload those onto the homestead server?

11 Messages

• 

332 Points

11 years ago

can I use my own software program to create pages for homestead to host.

can I transfer to webhosting the pages created with a different web page software creation program?

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

11 years ago

how can I get to the file manager to upload my website the first time?.

I created my own template. I just need to publish it, but I don't see the file manager any where in the site.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

11 years ago

what is my ftp address.

trying to locate my ftp address to load a photo slide i made

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

There is not an FTP site available, rather you upload bulk items via the file manager screen. Read the steps above closely as there are directions for both versions of SiteBuilder.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

11 years ago

How do I access file manager on sitebuilder plus.

I want to delete stuff from file manager but can't find File Manager on sitebuilder plus. Any help?

2 Messages

• 

144 Points

11 years ago

FINDING "FILE MANAGER".

I can't find File Manager on my site. It was there, once upon a time - but now it's gone! When I bring a page up to edit, and I'm asked if I want to start from the last save or not, it doesn't make any difference which option I choose, I still can't get the File Manager.

I have the new Microsoft operating system (8 ?). Could this have anything to do with it?

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

It won't matter that you are on Win 8. Follow the steps above, and let us know if you get stuck.

Mike

5 Messages

• 

224 Points

11 years ago

How do I delete files?.

Photos that I no longer need I would like to delete. How do I do that?

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Just follow the steps here to access the file manager. You can delete any pages or files you wish once you are in the File Manager.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

11 years ago

trying to upload templates to my site but I NEED HOSTNAME USERNAME and PASWWORD FOR filzilla.

trying to upload templates to my site but I NEED HOSTNAME USERNAME and PASWWORD FOR filzilla

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

We currently do not offer an FTP service, but, you can upload 3rd party files directly into the File Manager through the SiteBuilder software.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

11 years ago

I like the web pages I have, but would like to change to Homestead. How can I do this?.

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

If you've created web pages with any 3rd party software, you can upload them through our SiteBuilder even if you don't use our SiteBuilder to create the site. The hosting plan you are currently signed up for will only accommodate a 3 page site but we have numerous upgrades or other plans available if that is not enough. If you still have questions please let us know.

If this post helps, please give a "Star" and complete this survey to rate me.

Thanks!

Mike

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

10 years ago

Deleting multiple pages at once.

do i have to delete my pages one by one? how do i choose to delete say 100 pages all at once? check all button? check some check boxes like in an email?

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

You can select a whole list of pages, or individual pages via the File Manager and delete as many as you wish.