homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Wednesday, October 17th, 2012 2:25 PM

Sitebuilder Plus: Unpublish a Page

Sitebuilder Plus: Unpublish a Page

Here are some instructions to unpublish a page.

1. Click Websites Manager in the left navigation menu. Then, click Edit Site.

2. Click your domain name or site name at the top and choose View File Manager.

3. Select the page that you wish to unpublish and click Unpublish in the toolbar.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

10 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
suspending website for a period of time.

I have an issue with a person at my moose lodge who has put up a website and he used most of my writings, pictures, etc. I'd like to suspend my website for a short period of time to get things worked out.

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

jperk334353837

The easiest thing to do, is just unpublish the pages. Or if it's going to be more long term, and want to avoid being charged, you can actually close the account, and re-open it at a later date.

Mike

5 Messages

• 

192 Points

10 years ago

Once a page is published can it be hidden or unpublished without deleting it and losing its content?.

I am cancelling one of the events that I published on my site, but want to keep the content on the page in case I have the event later on. I want to hide it, not lose it.

37 Messages

• 

1.4K Points

10 years ago

How to unpublish site?.

Is it possible to unpublish my site after I have already published it?

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

10 years ago

How do I unpublish a website?.

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

If it's easier, you can just rename the page and save it. Then go into the File Manager screen and delete the page under the old name.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

10 years ago

I am re designing my website, how do I unpublish all of it?.

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Also, as mentioned directly above, you can rename the pages, ie. index to index1, contact to contact2, etc. exept don't publish the copies you made, then go into the file manager and delete index, contact etc.

Mike

13 Messages

• 

452 Points

10 years ago

UNPUBLISH IS NOT AVAILABLE IN FILE MANAGER. HOW DO I UNPUBLISH A PAGE WHEN IT IS GRAYED OUT??

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Hi Mary6707,

Which site and page do you want to unpublish.  I will give it a try and see if it works.

Thanks

Drew

2 Messages

• 

344 Points

Hi Drew, I have several pages needing updates and was going to unpublished all of them until ready. But we decided to just put a white box on top of everything and leave it alone due to all the links that would go nowhere. The site is www.alamorunfest.com  I don't have time to make secondary page for each page that needs updating. a big site.  I am also chaining the width of the site.  so thanks anyway! mary  still don't understand why the unpublished button is grayed out on some of my pages in file manager.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Hi mary9288,

What you have done will work fine.  If you want us to take a look, then give us a couple of specific pages that you are not able to unpublish and we will take a look.

Thanks

Drew

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

10 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled how do I unpublish my website?.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

You can unpublish pages from the file manager.

Drew

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

10 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled how do I take website offline.

How to I unpublish my site

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Hi Tracy3174,

Look at the official response above.

Thanks

Drew

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled take down a site.

How can I take my site down from the web temporarily?

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How do you unpublish a site?.

3 Messages

• 

152 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled how do I put my site on hold without deleting it?.

I want to freeze this site for a week.

129 Messages

• 

18.9K Points

The only think you can do is unpublish the website, the publish them when you want them back online

661 Messages

• 

75.4K Points

You may want to delete the page?

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How do I unpublish one of my pages? I don't want to delete I just don't want it t....

129 Messages

• 

18.9K Points

Please see the above article for unpublishing your pages.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled how do I take site down?.

129 Messages

• 

18.9K Points

Hello,

You can unpublish the pages as shown above to take the pages of the internet. If you want to completely delete your site, you can do this by clicking 'delete this site' under the edit site button at the website manager. WARNING: Deleting your site can not be reversed and all files will be permanently deleted. 

1 Message

• 

110 Points

Hello,
Please,I 'ld like to unpublish my website but I don't want to delete it!How can I make it???

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Follow the instructions at the top of this topic.

5 Messages

• 

338 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled unpublished my site.

How do I temporarily unpublished my website? Thanks!

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled how do i unpublish my site without deleting it?.