homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Wednesday, October 17th, 2012 3:36 PM

Sitebuilder Plus: Rename Pages

Sitebuilder Plus: Rename Pages
Here are some instructions to rename a page:
  1. Click Websites Manager in the left navigation menu. Then, click Edit Site.

3. Go to the page that you'd like to rename.

4. Click the down arrow next to Save in the top toolbar and select Save As from the drop-down menu.

5. Rename the page to what you would like it to be called and click OK.

6. Save and Publish.

Note:
  • Doing a save as duplicates the page so it would be wise to delete the original page from your file manager. Learn how to delete a page.

• Renaming a page will break any links that were going to the original name. We recommend you update your site navigation menu to reflect the new page name and page link. Learn how to Edit the site navigation menu.

2 Messages

• 

120 Points

7 years ago

I am having a similar issue. I have renamed the tab. It show correct in the url but not on the upper tab. See pic. How do I change that?

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

This is a slightly different question than this topic.

Please reference the new conversation here: How do I change the page title?

3 Messages

• 

150 Points

7 years ago

This didn't work for me with the old site builder.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Michael, these instructions should still be good. Which page do you wish to copy and what do you want to call it? What happened when you tried?

3 Messages

• 

150 Points

I wasn't trying to copy a page, I wanted to change the name of the page. The page I wanted to rename is Membership Application, I was going to name it Presidents Reports. When I clicked on the down arrow after the page name at the top I got a menu of many options, none of which were "Save As"

I just added a new page.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

The arrow you click to rename the page is on the right side of the Save button and Save as will be the only option there.

3 Messages

• 

150 Points

Now I see it. The SAVE is way over to the right and not in the Page button. Will have to try sometime.

2 Messages

• 

120 Points

7 years ago

I have all my pages uniquely named through the website manager.  However, if you are viewing my website as a customers, every single page comes up with s http://www.innerspacesbykaren.com/ in the ip address bar.  i.e. I want to send a client to specifically to my yoga therapy page innerspacesbykaren_YogaTherapy, I can't because it defaults to the home page every time.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

If you link them to the domain name only the visitor will be taken to the Home(index) page. If you want them to go to a specific page, then you need to send a link with the page name included.

You can also save the desired page as the home page, and make the home page some other page if you like.

2 Messages

• 

120 Points

It was not that simple.  Someone from Homestead knew the codes and had me go through GoDaddy and manually change settings.

11 Messages

• 

320 Points

7 years ago

I have the same problem but not using site builder, title still shows as the original name even though I have changed page names ?

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

This is a Websitebuilder question, posted in a Sitebuilder Plus topic.

Please reference the new conversation here: How do I change page title in Websitebuilder?

1 Message

• 

150 Points

6 years ago

Hi, 

I renamed my page and it is saved under files now (osteopathybenefitsforyourbaby). 

I deleted the old page. 

I went to the site navigation menu settings and linked the page name Baby with osteopathybenefitsforyourbaby.

After publishing the page it doesn't open but says error. 

What do I do now? 

661 Messages

• 

75.4K Points

HOW TO ADD A PAGE TO YOUR MENU:
You are using SB+? 
Open the page you're wanting to add > select the menu > you'll find the Site Navigation Menu Settings on the right side of your screen > Select Links > Select + > Select the file you're wanting to add using Browse > Save your selection > Scroll the the bottom of the Settings menu and name your page and Save.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

It was linked right, but the page wasn't published. It looks like you are trying to exceed your 15 page limit. You have 15 Sitebuilder pages plus siteerror404(doesn't count), but you also have a Google generated HTML page. Any HTML or HTM page counts towards the limit. You can remove a page or upgrade another 10 pages.

5 Messages

• 

192 Points

6 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled copy page.

copy a page to make a new page

661 Messages

• 

75.4K Points

You can select "Add a New Page". This produces a blank page for you to build on.

3 Messages

• 

152 Points

6 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled talk to technical support.

Trying to replace my home page with a new design. Not sure how to link it to the internet so people land there instead of the old home page.
Brand User

10.6K Messages

• 

142.1K Points

Hello Asher8844

You would need to rename the page you want as your Home page as "Index" using the instructions at the top of this page.  If you want to save your current Home page, first save that as another page name.

2 Messages

• 

80 Points

3 years ago

Thank you that worked

Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Perfect, you're welcome.