homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Wednesday, October 17th, 2012 3:36 PM

Sitebuilder Plus: Rename Pages

Sitebuilder Plus: Rename Pages
Here are some instructions to rename a page:
  1. Click Websites Manager in the left navigation menu. Then, click Edit Site.

3. Go to the page that you'd like to rename.

4. Click the down arrow next to Save in the top toolbar and select Save As from the drop-down menu.

5. Rename the page to what you would like it to be called and click OK.

6. Save and Publish.

Note:
  • Doing a save as duplicates the page so it would be wise to delete the original page from your file manager. Learn how to delete a page.

• Renaming a page will break any links that were going to the original name. We recommend you update your site navigation menu to reflect the new page name and page link. Learn how to Edit the site navigation menu.

2 Messages

• 

142 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Hello!
The object Contact-US pode ser traduzido para Portugues?

Is there an object to roll over pictures horizontally?
I am writing a web for a friend in Brazil. The content must be written in Portugues.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

I think this is what you mean. You want the page name to be in Portuguese not English? Use this to make the name anything you like(no spaces), then delete the contact us page.

661 Messages

• 

75.4K Points

Use the Microsoft translator in Word.

3 Messages

• 

204 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Homepage.

Hello, I made a site. But my problem is that I don't have a ''homepage'' so when you want to google my site you have to add the page-name to it.. otherwise you can't open my site.. internet says it doesn't exist.

My question is: how do I make one of my already excisting pages as my ''homepage'' so you can google it without adding the pagename after it?

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Rename the page you want to be the homepage as index

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled how do I change the title on view page.

7 Messages

• 

248 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled ReDesigned ready to publish - How?.

I am re-designing our site. I have set-up a TEST folder and test pages. How do I rename my index page to the new test page so I can publish the new design?

129 Messages

• 

18.9K Points

Hello,

You can rename the pages as shown in the article above.

661 Messages

• 

75.4K Points

Save> Save As. You can rename a page using Page Settings. Your home page should be designated as index.html 

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled how do I change the view page name.

I need to correct a typo in the view page name. How do I do that

661 Messages

• 

75.4K Points

Highlight the menu>use page settings>Link>page name.

3 Messages

• 

154 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled change page name to link name.

When editing site page name does not match the page name it is linked to and I want to change that. So, for instance, when editing, under "View Page" state untitled 4, but the link name is Budget Bedroom. When I go to Links there is nowhere to fix this.

129 Messages

• 

18.9K Points

Hello,

You can rename the pages as shown in the article above.

3 Messages

• 

236 Points

8 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled in site builder plus how do I change a page name.

The directions I find in Help don't work for Stiebuilder Plus which I must use on my Mac. How do I rename a page within my website?

3 Messages

• 

172 Points

8 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled changed title of existing page.

I want to have 2 pages of photos and am trying to change the title of an existing page to do that.  I successfully changed the title in the Navigation Bar, but the old title still shows up in the View Page window.  How to change this?  Also, can I have 2 pages with the same title or they need to be different?

6 Messages

• 

258 Points

8 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How do I rename a page?.

6 Messages

• 

258 Points

8 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I must rename a website page that is published.

My goal is to replace the published home.index page. I have designed a new page that I want to display instead. My site consists of only one page..

23 Messages

• 

1K Points

8 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How can a URL be changed for a page?.

How can na URL be changed for a page?

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

If it is part of the navigation, you will have to update the link too.

23 Messages

• 

1K Points

Where is the navigation?  What link needs updating? 

23 Messages

• 

1K Points

Ok.  I see the link where you explain it..

661 Messages

• 

75.4K Points

Hi Bob8142: To install the new page as your home page, select the page > Page Settings > Page Name > enter "index.html" > save. Remove the page name from your previous page.
Next, you can add the new home page to your site navigation menu by selecting the menu > Use the Site Navigation Menu Settings > Links > + to add the page > follow the instructions in the command box to locate your new home page > select the page from your files > OK. Now, you can scroll to the bottom and edit the page title. Since you have only one page, it should now be the only page on the menu and it should appear with the page title you've chosen and it will respond as the home page. 

5 Messages

• 

214 Points

8 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How do I change a name in the View Page drop down menu?.

I want to rename something on my drop-down list under View Page.

3 Messages

• 

102 Points

8 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How do I change a page to index?.

I have an event coming up and want to make the event page the index page of my website until the event is over. How do I change it?

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

If you are going to go back to the current index, then rename index something else, then rename the page you want to index. You may need to update some links as well.

10 Messages

• 

516 Points

8 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled website manager "view Page" menu.

I changed a page name, navigation menu correct but the "View Page" menu still has old name

10 Messages

• 

516 Points

8 years ago

I have successfully changed the page name, but the "view page" menu still has the old name and I see no way to change it.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

What are the 2 names? We'll take a look.