homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Wednesday, October 17th, 2012 3:36 PM

Sitebuilder Plus: Rename Pages

Sitebuilder Plus: Rename Pages
Here are some instructions to rename a page:
  1. Click Websites Manager in the left navigation menu. Then, click Edit Site.

3. Go to the page that you'd like to rename.

4. Click the down arrow next to Save in the top toolbar and select Save As from the drop-down menu.

5. Rename the page to what you would like it to be called and click OK.

6. Save and Publish.

Note:
  • Doing a save as duplicates the page so it would be wise to delete the original page from your file manager. Learn how to delete a page.

• Renaming a page will break any links that were going to the original name. We recommend you update your site navigation menu to reflect the new page name and page link. Learn how to Edit the site navigation menu.

5 Messages

• 

192 Points

10 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
index is killing me.

somehow my index page is a dead page and the page I want to open first i cannot get to the index page. how do i exchange the content of the one for the other.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

You will need to rename index to another name. Then rename the page you want to be first to index. Then rename the original index to the other name.

5 Messages

• 

192 Points

10 years ago

now i have 3 hone index pages...
I went to home index and tried to save the page I want as the home index, thinking it would replace it...no it did not. Then I tried to change the other way. My home index is a dead page and I cannot seem to get rid of it or replace with another page, the correct page.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Log out of Sitebuilder and clear your browser history.

1 Message

• 

110 Points

10 years ago

Hello I have a question regarding my website. All the pages say quick solution pest control instead of aboutbus.html bugs.html etc.. do I have to change the page name ? I used the template from the site so I assumed once there was an index they would all be separate pages.

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

I think this is what you are looking for. click here; https://community.homestead.com/homes...

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

10 years ago

How can I change my home page.

I want to change my home page into another page

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Anthony3095,

Using the steps above, just rename the page to "index" and it will become the home page. If you already have a home/index page, you'll get a prompt to override the page. So, if there is anything on your existing "index" page that you wish to keep, you'll first want to rename that page to something different so that you have another copy of it.

Mike

4 Messages

• 

152 Points

10 years ago

How can I choose a different page to open my website?.

I have created a new page. Would like to open the site with it and relegate the older one to lower status.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

First rename do this for index, then go to your new page and Save as index. index will also be your landing page.

Drew

4 Messages

• 

152 Points

Very good. I will try it. Thank you.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Let us know if you need anything more.

4 Messages

• 

152 Points

Drew, It worked perfectly.

Thank you

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

You're welcome

2 Messages

• 

242 Points

10 years ago

How do I change the name of a page url on my website? Current url is www.biddlepr.com/Blank.html. Preferred: www.biddlepr.com/blog.html.

How do I change the name of a page url on my website. The current url is : http://www.biddlepr.com/Blank.html. I would like to change it to: http://www.biddlepr.com/blog.html

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

After you rename the page as shown above, you'll then need to make sure any navigation links you've created also direct to the new page.

4 Messages

• 

182 Points

10 years ago

Name a page.

When I am editing my page ..the new name on the navigation button shows. however after I publish and go back to view my website the new name of the page does not show...it just says page five. Help

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Hi Bonnie2974,  To rename the page you just do a "save as" and give it a new name. Just follow the steps above. Where people often run into trouble is connecting the navigation links to the new page. If you've already renamed the page and just need to fix the link, then follow the steps here: https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/how_can_i_edit_a_page_name_and_link_within_my_site_...

6 Messages

• 

248 Points

10 years ago

How do I contact Support to have a Page restored?.

I deleted my Home-Index Page and now when I try to access my site from my domain name, I just see a blank page.  How can I restore the Home Page, or have my "About Us" Page linked to my main domain.

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

custommadefitness6402,  If your intent is to use the "About Us" page as the home page, then just rename it so that it has the name "index".  When you republish the page, then it will start to come up as the Home page.

If you would rather have us restore the original Index page we can do that.  Please reply back and let us know which way you want to go. If we restore the Index page let us know what date you need it restored to. 

Mike

2 Messages

• 

142 Points

10 years ago

replacing index page.

I want to change my index page, to a completly different concept, and I have already created it as TEST.  How can I rename my current Home (index) page without losing it and replace with new home page?  Any and all help will be appreciated! Thanks -Rick

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Good morning Richard7578, follow the instructions in this topic to rename the new homepage to index.  This will overwrite the old homepage.  If you want to save it, then first save index as some other name and then make the new homepage.

Thanks

Drew

2 Messages

• 

332 Points

10 years ago

How can I change my index page? I want to rename the current index (Home) page, and replace it with another all ready created page..

Page assistance requested

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Hello Diane0982,

Follow these steps to rename your pages.  Rename the exisiting index first, then switch to the new one and name it index.

Thanks

Drew

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

10 years ago

Lost!!!.

I designed a cover page, clicke on save and publish, now I can not locate it........................

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

If this is meant to be the homepage, you need to rename it to index.  You called it coverpage.  It is in your editor, you just need to select it and follow these instructions to rename it.

Drew

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

10 years ago

Blank 1 to a new name?.

How do I name each of my pages

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

You can follow these instructions to rename pages

2 Messages

• 

142 Points

10 years ago

When editing, page names do not match with the page or with the page index after publishing.

When editing, page names do not match with the page or with the page index after publishing

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Jon1148
.  This thread shows how to rename pages.  After you rename the page you'll also need to correct any navigation links to the new page.
How do I edit my site navigation links?

If you are still stuck, let us know which page and links need fixed and we'll see what's wrong.

Mike

3 Messages

• 

152 Points

10 years ago

How do I make a new page I designed into the index page?.

I designed a new page and want that background to be on all my pages so I need to make it the index. How do I delete the old index and make the new one the index?

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Scott8317
,  This thread shows how to rename the page. Just do a "save as" and name it index and it will override the original index page.

Mike

3 Messages

• 

182 Points

10 years ago

how do I save a new page as my index page?.

I created a new page that I would like to replace my currently existing Home (Index) page with. How do I get the new page I created to replace my current Home (Index) page?

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Hi Adoption2910,

You can use the Save As option described in this topic.

Thanks

Drew