homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Tuesday, October 16th, 2012 8:44 PM

Sitebuilder Plus: Page Titles and Descriptions

Sitebuilder Plus: Page Titles and Descriptions
Here is how you can edit the page title and meta description on each of your pages:
  1. Click Websites Manager in the left navigation menu. Then, click Edit Site.

2. Click Page Settings in the top toolbar. This is where you can update your Page Title (Name) and Meta Description (Page Description).

Page Name
    should contain relevant information about your business. A good reference would be to use your company name and a key phrase for your home page. An example would be:

Homestead | Build, Make & Create Your Own Website

Page Description
    is usually 1 or 2 sentences long and relevant to your business. It should include 2-3 keywords or phrases that you'd like to be found for. An example would be:

Make a Free Website or Store! Create a Website in Minutes w/ our Award-Winning Web Design Software. Build Your Own Website; Find Customers Today.

The Page Title and Page Description can contain a lot of the same keywords search engines look for.

If showing up in search engines is a goal for your website, there are a variety of other methods you can try such as SEO (Search Engine Optimization) and PPC (Pay Per Click) advertising. For more detailed information on SEO or PPC, click Add-on Services when you are logged into your account.

3 Messages

• 

194 Points

11 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
When I do a Google search of my name (or the name of my website), the name of my website comes up as "home". How do I fix this?.

Home
www.educatemymutt.com/‎
My name is Philip Greis. I am a Canine Behaviorist and Obedience Trainer from Staten Island, NY specializing in Behavior Issues with dogs. Obedience Training ...

This is how my site title shows on Google. It should show
"Philip K Greis, Canine Behaviorist"

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

11 years ago

My website has no information and is blank on the tab above the page. How do I add information to the tab above the page?.

On the top of browsers there is a tab for the page being displayed. There is no information on the tab above the page. I am referring to the tab on top of the browser. Web pages has a small icon then a short description on the tab. The tab on my site is blank. How do I add info to that tab on top of the browser?

62 Messages

• 

1.5K Points

10 years ago

How do I change the name of my website that is shown in properties?.

How do I change the business name of my website that is shown in properties?

The name of my business is "Rawson Photography" and the name of my website is
Benspics Photography.

In the current page source it is displayed as...

meta property="og:title" content="Benspics Photography"

I need to change the content to the new business name (Rawson Photography)

The name of my home page in Site Builder Page Properties is "Home"

The benspics.com domain has been removed from my account when I changed the name and took on the rawsonphotography.com domain.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Ben

62 Messages

• 

1.5K Points

I have changed the details as per this thread but it still hasn't changed the meta data in the source.

I changed it 6mths ago.

I think there is more to it than just changing this info.

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Can you reply with a screenshot of what you are seeing?

62 Messages

• 

1.5K Points

10 years ago

Hi Mike
See attached.
I've marked the line I'm referring too.
Thanks in advance.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Did you use Sitebuilder's social buttons at some point? Those tags are not normally added to a page. You would have to put the button back on the page and then edit the name there.

You might need to use the debug tool at Facebook to recrawl your site.

Drew

62 Messages

• 

1.5K Points

Hi Drew,

I have re-added the facebook button and changed the name in that to reflect the new company name and published it and that has changed it.

Many thanks for your help.

Ben

3 Messages

• 

142 Points

10 years ago

How do I view and edit HTML.

When my business name is entered in a search window the results are listed under a title with the wrong city and zip code.

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Double check the page name and description as shown here. This is where Google most likely is pulling the data.

3 Messages

• 

142 Points

I corrected an error in the page name 2 days ago, but it still comes up with city state and zip that were in there before. Tried with my smart phone and got the same thing

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

It could take longer than that. It depends on how frequently Google indexes your site. It would not be unusual for it to take several days.

2 Messages

• 

152 Points

10 years ago

How to change the informtion shown on the tab in my browser?.

When I'm on the "Home" page - it shows the old name of my website on the tab in my browser (Firefox) - at the top of the browser (not on the webpage). How can I change that information? Thanks!

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

10 years ago

Removing/editing a title ablove domain when you search or copy and paste the domain.

when I search my website on google I have a issue. domain in stevensinhaiti.com but the title reads Stevens In Haiti - Mission for Deaf. changed "Mission for Deaf" to On a Mission on the home page but when you search even 6 months later it still shows "Mission for Deaf on the search page. How do I change that??

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Hello Jan5114

Follow these instructions to change the page title.  The search engines will update when you are crawled again.

Drew

4 Messages

• 

152 Points

10 years ago

Why does my site say Your SEO optimized title?.

Website is done, but title says "Your SEO optimized title" at the top of my web browser.

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

bsloan3199
,  Follow the steps here.  If this does not fix the problem, let us know which site and page you are having the problem with, so we can look at it.

4 Messages

• 

152 Points

Hi, I am not seeing any steps to follow.

4 Messages

• 

152 Points

Oh, I see it now. Yes, I changed that the day I created my website about a week ago.

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

bsloan3199,

ok. So you are ok now? 

3 Messages

• 

142 Points

10 years ago

How do I change the name that appears in the webpage tab on the top of the screen?.

How do I change the name that appears in the webpage tab on the top of the screen? I recently changed my business name, and on the tab at the top of the page, the old business name still appears. How do I change it, so that the current business name shows up?

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Florin4521 , You probably just need to update the Page Title.  If the steps on this page do not fix the problem, then please take a screenshot and upload the image so that I can see exactly what you are needing to update. 

3 Messages

• 

142 Points

Thanks Mike.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

You're welcome

2 Messages

• 

142 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Automatic address on my page..

How do I get the location address where I created my site to not come up when a person looks up my domain name? My domain name is my name.com and then there is a /my address. Not only did I not put it there intentionally, I moved and it looks like I live in another state when a person looks at my site! Thanks.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

You should just need to update the page title.

8 Messages

• 

260 Points

8 years ago

This did not help. It shows the changes as I edit, but the old meta tags show when searching for my site.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

This is how to do it, but it won't change in search results until the search engine crawls your site again. Even then, this is a suggestion to them, not a mandate. They can choose to display anything they desire. If you are using Google Analytics, then you can use the fetch as Google button to get them to index the site again more quickly.

3 Messages

• 

162 Points

6 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Links to website pasted elsewhere (FB) say "Blank.".

I sell horses and have a "for sale" link on my website. When I cut and paste the URL for my sale page, it comes up as "Blank" with no photo in the box. How can I fix that?
Brand User

1K Messages

• 

30K Points

When you update the title, after you publish, it should start showing the correct title name. Every now and then, we see a page not want to cooperate, but this one looks like it is!