homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Wednesday, October 17th, 2012 3:11 PM

Sitebuilder Plus: Link an Image to Another Page

Sitebuilder Plus: Link an Image to Another Page
Here are instructions to link an image on your website to another page.
  1. Click Websites Managerin the left navigation menu. Then, click on the Edit Site.

2. Go to the page with the image you want to link.

3. Click on the image so it's highlighted.

4. With the image highlighted, on the right in Image Settings click Link. You may have to scroll down to see it.

5. In the Link window, finalize the link settings.

6. What do you want to link to?
    • Existing Page or File -- Use this if you'd like to link the text to another page within your website.

• URL (Web Address) -- Use this if you'd like to link to another website.

• Email Address -- Use this if you'd like the text to link to an email address.

• Another Area on this page -- Use this if you'd like the text to link to another area on the same page.

How do you want the link to open?
    Choose open in the same window or in a new browser window.

7. Save and Publish your website to see the text link live.
Brand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

12 years ago

Hi,

Here are instructions to link an image on your website to another page.
  1. Click Websites Managerin the left navigation menu. Then, click on the Edit Site.

2. Go to the page with the image you want to link.

3. Click on the image so it's highlighted.

4. With the image highlighted, on the right in Image Settings click Link. You may have to scroll down to see it.

5. In the Link window, finalize the link settings.

6. What do you want to link to?
    • Existing Page or File -- Use this if you'd like to link the text to another page within your website.

• URL (Web Address) -- Use this if you'd like to link to another website.

• Email Address -- Use this if you'd like the text to link to an email address.

• Another Area on this page -- Use this if you'd like the text to link to another area on the same page.

How do you want the link to open?
    Choose open in the same window or in a new browser window.

7. Save and Publish your website to see the text link live.

1 Message

• 

112 Points

11 years ago

I'm trying to link an image and text below it to be a hyperlink.

Can a web expert please help me?

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
I need help setting up an area on my site that I want to be a link.

80 Messages

• 

15.4K Points

Hi Howard -

The above walks you through how to make an image a link. Text is very similar -- you just need to highlight the text then follow the steps above.

Thanks,
Aubrey

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

Was there change in how t ol ink image om one page to image on another?

5 Messages

• 

228 Points

11 years ago

Attach link to an image..

How do I attach an html link to an image on my home page?

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Follow the steps above. When you get to step #4, click the 2nd button, which is to link to a URL.

Mike

5 Messages

• 

228 Points

Flawless! Thank you very much. Every time I think I can't do something on my site I discover I was wrong.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Glad to hear it.

9 Messages

• 

314 Points

11 years ago

"Every time I think I can't do something on my site I discover I was wrong."

I like your comment, Gerard. I feel the same way. I appreciate the Homestead Community help.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

10 years ago

Sub pages for roster pics.

I am having trouble getting what I want out of my site. I run a wrestling company and I am trying to put up a roster page. I would like to have each roster pic be clickable and open to a new page that has the picture plus a bio. I just am not sure how to go about this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

After you create the new pages with the bios, then create the links as shown here.

1 Message

• 

130 Points

10 years ago

I'm trying to post an image from my files in file manager but it isn't appearing in the website I visit. This makeover of Homestead is making me confused and annoyed because it's troublesome. It used to be very easy to link images in my files manager.

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

HL5202 
can you please provide us with the image name, page names, url's etc. so we know what to look for and see what's wrong.

Mike

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Want to link my email to a graphic I made.

I want to use a graphic I made and have it link to my Yahoo email address. I can't get it to work. Anyone have the answer to this? Thanks.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

whimsicalartifactsjewelry9923,

Follow these instructions, but instead of browse to select a page, use the email address option

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

8 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Make a picture a web link..

My old pictures I had, I could link a website to them. How do I do it to the new ones?

4 Messages

• 

324 Points

8 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How can i turn a pic into a linked banner and add it to one of my pages?
Thanks!...

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Hope this helps you out Matt

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

8 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled linking emails addresses outside of homestead to photos: yahoo/att/gmail/hotmail/....

AliceAdvent.homestead.com.  My Diocese want me to set it up so anyone looking at our website can click on a link & send that individual an email to their email at yahoo/gmail/aol/sbcglobal.net/att.net/ etc.   How can I link a persons photo to accomplish this? i.e., I need to do this for about 15 different photos and emails.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Follow the instructions above, but instead of browse, select email address and enter the email you want to send to. Keep in mind the site visitor must have a default email client configured for this type of link to work.

5 Messages

• 

204 Points

8 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How do I link an image to a page.

2 Messages

• 

172 Points

8 years ago

This does not discuss what you use as a link to the page you want to link the picture too. The sitebuilder URL for that page obviously doesnt work. Is there a back door to be able to access that pages published URL?I have American Bulldogs. I am trying to link a picture on my females page to that dogs personal page. 

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

The URL you use would be the domain name plus the page name.

http://www.yourdomain.com/pagename.html.

Does that help?

661 Messages

• 

75.4K Points

8 years ago

Select the item on your website, copy the URL from the address bar and use this address to link your item.

5 Messages

• 

206 Points

7 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How do I find the url for one of my own webpages?.

can I link to this page (a page that is not listed on my index, but which I have created) from a button that I have made on my index page? if so, how do I find the url for it to do so?
Brand User

1K Messages

• 

30K Points

Linking a button is very similar to linking an image. When you have the button selected, click Link on the right, then click Existing Page or File, and browse for the specified page.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

6 years ago

I did this.  When I publish it and try the link, it comes up with this:
This site can’t be reached

www.pilotclubofbaytown.com’s server IP address could not be found.

ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

Help!

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Hi Anikka3207, this is a very common error. pilotclubofbaytown.com is not a registered domain. You can register if you like, but your domain is pilotclubofbaytown.org.

661 Messages

• 

75.4K Points