homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Tuesday, August 21st, 2018 11:40 PM

Sitebuilder Plus: Google Analytics

Sitebuilder Plus: Google Analytics
To set up Google Analytics:

1. Go into Websites Manager and click where it says "Integrate Google Analytics Get Started"

2. Click "Sign Up"

3. Choose Website and enter the Account Name you choose, your Website Name, and your URL. Uncheck any of the boxes you don't want and click Get Tracking ID.

4. We strongly recommend you read the term and conditions. To continue you must accept the terms of service by checking the boxes. If you agree, click I Accept.

5. Next, you'll need to copy the Tracking ID and paste it in your Homestead Account in the "Integrate Google Analytics" window and Save it. Then click "Go to Sitebuilder Plus"

6. Then copy the Global Site Tag from the Analytics account, and paste it in Page Settings > Advanced Settings head tag HTMLPublish your site. 

7. Now you will be able to click on View Stats and it will bring you into Google Analytics. 

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

6 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled can't find out how to add google analytics.

self explanatory
Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

Hello,

Here are the instructions for setting up Google Analytics.

51 Messages

• 

1.7K Points

5 years ago

I can't locate the ""Integrate Google Analytics Get Started" button.  Where can I find it.  
"
Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

You're using Website Builder, not Sitebuilder Plus. These instructions do not apply to you.

https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/google-analytics-website-builder

17 Messages

• 

540 Points

On my Websites Manager page, it has no box for starting Google Analytics, and there is no heading that says Website Builder or Sitebuilder Plus. My site is still in Sitebuilder Plus - I haven't started building the new one in Websitebuilder yet. How do I start Google Analytics?
Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Hello,

It looked like the account was set up awhile ago and at one point you may have been using Sitebuilder desktop which is what it was reflecting and is why you didn't see that option. Since you did mention you are using Sitebuilder plus and I am able to see and confirm that, I went ahead and made a slight adjustment in your account. You are now able to see the get started button for google analytics. Let me know if you see it on your end.

17 Messages

• 

540 Points

I did what you said to do, but was not allowed access. "Missing permissions. You don't have access to the account. Contact an Analytics Administrator who has a Manage Users position." Wouldn't generate a tracking number. When I clicked on the link to Google instructions, I got the same message.
Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

If you are see the missing permissions pop up it means you are logged into a google account that cannot be linked with google analytics (possibly a work one). Try logging out of whatever google account you are signed into or try using an incognito window (ctrl+shift+N) this should resolve that pop up and allow you to continue to generate a tracking code. 

9 Messages

• 

230 Points

4 years ago

I don’t have a google analytics button

Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Apologies, I have set the account to allow this, go ahead and try again. 

9 Messages

• 

452 Points

I don't have the Google Analytics button.  Please update my account to allow this.

Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Hello,

Google analytics is now available on the account. 

5 Messages

• 

150 Points

2 years ago

I do not have the Google analytics button either. Any help would be appreciated. 

Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

Hi there, 

This is due to the settings on your site. I may be able to update it. Do you still use the downloadable builder, Sitebuilder Desktop?

5 Messages

• 

150 Points

We use website builder.

Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

Ok. This is an article for using Google Analytics on a Sitebuilder Plus site. If you're wanting to use Google Analytics on your WebsiteBuilder site, there are different instructions:

WebsiteBuilder: Google Analytics | Homestead Community

5 Messages

• 

150 Points

Thank you so much, I really appreciate it. 

34 Messages

• 

864 Points

2 years ago

I am now using Sitebuilder Plus but I do not see the google analytics button.  Please help.

Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

Ok, since you're using Sitebuilder Plus, I was able to make an adjustment to your account. This option should now be available. 

2 Messages

• 

70 Points

2 years ago

I can't find the "integrate google analytics button" 

any help would be apreciated.

Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

Hello, 

If you're using WebsiteBuilder, you would find this option in the builder:

‎WebsiteBuilder: Google Analytics | Homestead Community

2 Messages

• 

70 Points

This is outdated information. I found the instructions by searching for "how to set up Universal Analytics" on the analytics website. Then set up UA and GA4 at the same time in order to get the UA number to put on site. I will have to switch to GA4 as they are discontinuing UA properties in July 2023.

4 Messages

• 

102 Points

2 years ago

Do you have an updated article on how to use Google Analytics 4? They are going to discontinue the "UA-" code in 2023, and I'd like to get a jumpstart. Thanks.

Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

Hello, 

We have a ticket created to get this change made in the builder, but it isn't available yet. Once this change is made, we'll get the article updated.