homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Wednesday, October 17th, 2012 2:14 AM

Sitebuilder Plus: Edit the Footer

Sitebuilder Plus: Edit the Footer

Here are instructions to customize the footer on your website.

1. Click Websites Manager in the left navigation menu. Then, click Edit Site.

2. Click Page Settings in the top toolbar and choose Background, Links, Footer from the drop-down menu. Click Edit your Footer.

3. Here you can edit or remove the Copyright Information. Important: Be sure to uncheck the Display copyright information box if you don't want the Homestead copyright information to appear on your page.

1. Then, click Close

1. Then, click Insert in the top toolbar and select text from the drop-down menu.

1. Drag the text box to the bottom of the webpage and enter in your copyright information. Ex. Copyright 2021. Homestead Technologies. All Rights Reserved

1. Copy and Paste that text box onto your other pages. (You will also want to update the footer on each page through the Page Settings option).

1. Save and Publish your website to see the changes live.

4 Messages

• 

172 Points

10 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
How Do I delete Footer.

Dont want Footer on site

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

You can remove it by following these instructions

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

10 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled how do i remove "Website Designed at HomesteadTM Make a Website and List Your Bus....

how do i remove "Website Designed at HomesteadTM Make a Website and List Your Business" from the bottom of my pages

1 Message

• 

110 Points

9 years ago

How do I remove the suddenly appearing Homestead footer from ALL pages on my website AT ONCE? I can't believe this was snuck into my entire site without my permission. Upset and need to resolve this ASAP.

129 Messages

• 

18.9K Points

Nicolas Smith,

Have you tried the steps show above?

3 Messages

• 

172 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Can't edit my copyright.

when I double click to edit, it does nothing.

129 Messages

• 

18.9K Points

Hello,

Is the copyright in the footer of your page like shown in the article above?

661 Messages

• 

75.4K Points

What article are you referring to?

3 Messages

• 

152 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Footer on every page now reads: "Website Designed at HomesteadTM Create a Website....

A new footer appeared at the bottom of every page that reads: "Website Designed at HomesteadTM Create a Website and List Your Business."  How can I get rid of it?  I don't want any ad on my site.

165 Messages

• 

8K Points

9 years ago

Why they, "Homestead" continues this scam is beyond me? Clearly none of us like it!

3 Messages

• 

152 Points

They are advertising on our websites and it's unacceptable. If we pay for a website we should have control over its content. They should either remove their ads or compensate us for it.

3 Messages

• 

154 Points

8 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Can I remove the links at the bottom my my web pages that say "Design a website" ....

Are these links at the bottom of my web pages removable? Having Homestead ads on my website makes it feel unprofessional. They would be expected on a free hosting plan, but this is a site I'm paying for.

Also, when I go to my website, the URL changes-- why is my domain name not showing?

I am happy with my Homestead package for the price, but it needs to look professional.

7 Messages

• 

232 Points

8 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled how to edit who created website.

My name is Katherine Gillis and I want Carol Butler's name as the creator of my website. How do I edit that?

661 Messages

• 

75.4K Points

8 years ago

Use Page Settings.

4 Messages

• 

222 Points

8 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I want to remove my personal name from bottom of the page.

Can I remove my name as the footer from the bottom of the page

3 Messages

• 

152 Points

8 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I have created my own web-site, but it shows created by Homestead at the bottom o....

6 Messages

• 

214 Points

8 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How do I eliminate the bottom banner with Homestead.com credit at the bottom of e....

How to eliminate homestead.com credit at bottom of published pages?

16 Messages

• 

538 Points

8 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Homestead Mis appropriating ads at bottom of my Paid website..

Why is it as a paid host my website must display Homestead advertising at bottom along with create a website? I contacted support to have it removed from the footer of my website and domain and yet I see it is right back. I feel this is a mis appropriation by Homestead and should be removed when we are paying so much money to host our website without this.

661 Messages

• 

75.4K Points

8 years ago

USE "PAGE SETTINGS"

16 Messages

• 

538 Points

Did that and more with live Chat and phone support.  Appears this you'll way of getting free advertisement.
Already voiced my opinion on this in community.

95 Messages

• 

9.6K Points

johndees1808 It seems that this topic has been asked and answered over and over again, Please read the help comments.

16 Messages

• 

538 Points

No need I have been in talks with others directly with Homestead, base on my position on the subject from another unique position.
Thank you.

20 Messages

• 

596 Points

7 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How do we remove the Homestead advertisement at the bottom of our website pages?.

There is a line at the bottom of our web pages stating that the site was built with Homestead and users can get a website for free. This cheapens our website presence because ours is not free, we pay for it and therefore should not be forced to advertise for Homestead.