homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Wednesday, October 17th, 2012 2:14 AM

Sitebuilder Plus: Edit the Footer

Sitebuilder Plus: Edit the Footer

Here are instructions to customize the footer on your website.

1. Click Websites Manager in the left navigation menu. Then, click Edit Site.

2. Click Page Settings in the top toolbar and choose Background, Links, Footer from the drop-down menu. Click Edit your Footer.

3. Here you can edit or remove the Copyright Information. Important: Be sure to uncheck the Display copyright information box if you don't want the Homestead copyright information to appear on your page.

1. Then, click Close

1. Then, click Insert in the top toolbar and select text from the drop-down menu.

1. Drag the text box to the bottom of the webpage and enter in your copyright information. Ex. Copyright 2021. Homestead Technologies. All Rights Reserved

1. Copy and Paste that text box onto your other pages. (You will also want to update the footer on each page through the Page Settings option).

1. Save and Publish your website to see the changes live.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

11 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
GIVING MYSELF CREDIT FOR MY CREATION.

Hello, I am the designer of my organization's website, but I did not give myself credit for its creation, just the name of my organization. How do I change it? Example...Website designed by (my name) for (organizations name). Thanks

3 Messages

• 

212 Points

11 years ago

when I publish at the bottom of the page it has the wrong name for web design.

3 Messages

• 

172 Points

11 years ago

Helpful. thanks.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

You are welcome.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

11 years ago

how do i change the name of the website creator and host at the bottom of the page?.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

11 years ago

I do not want my name posted on the home page of my site..

Is there a way to hide my name on the front page of my site? This shows up at the bottom of the page but I would like to hide my name.

"Website designed & hosted by norio okui © 2010 at HomesteadTM"

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

11 years ago

Footer problem.

HOW can I get rid of the Homestead ADVERTISING in my footer? Everytime I try to delete it, it reloads sitebuilder... I am advertising MY company not theirs. HELP please! Thank you!

4 Messages

• 

182 Points

11 years ago

Is it possible to delete Homestead commercial link on the footer of the site?.

24 Messages

• 

724 Points

11 years ago

how do i eliminate: " Make a Website and List Your Business " on the footer of my site.

how do i eliminate: " Make a Website and List Your Business " on the footer of my site. I've looked at some of the other comments and haven't found an answer, unless I'm missing something - Thnx

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

10 years ago

Homestead Watermark.

Hi, I am a new user to homestead and am currently using the free trial to host my site. I noticed that on the site there is a light blue border around my website and at the bottom of this is an advertisement for homestead. How can I get this removed? Do I have to purchase a new domain name than the trial one given to me to get rid of this?

10 Messages

• 

630 Points

10 years ago

This Question is not answered! Just Putting some text at the bottom of the page does not make a footer. It is just some text at the bottom of the page. For SEO you need a REAL footer. According to my source code I have NO footer. Look at my source code from my published site:
no_footer: this._getBoolAttribute('no-footer'),
no_header: this._getBoolAttribute('no-header'),

<!-- <hs:footer> --><!-- </hs:footer> -->

Apparently I have no Header either even though I put in code

I want to have a real footer and advertise MY business not not Homestead. I pay Homestead. Homestead doesn't pay Me.

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Unfortunately you can either use the Homestead footer, or remove it. There's not a place to enter your own footer.

However, the head section does exist. You can add code to the head section as shown on this page: https://community.homestead.com/homes...

Rather than using an ordinary text box there are several methods of creating a footer which would involve some custom coding. You may want to search Google for this topic and find the method that works best for you.

Mike

16 Messages

• 

538 Points

It appear my question was merged here about the footer.  So let me see If this comment get removed.
I chat on line with support and the Homestead footer got removed with homestead links in it.  However it got placed back.  So I called support and they told me it was permanent to the foot application that the "Created by Homestead" and "Create a website" links could not be removed.
The only way to remove them would be to disable the footer button.  So for now I'm going to leave things as is.  I do want it to be known that I have the Gold package and find it pretty low of Homestead to want to hijack footers of paid websites to gain free advertising on paid accounts.
I did ask they send me a link to file a grievance with their compliance department about that.  Not sure how much that's going to fly since that department is ran and own by Homestead.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

johndeese1808, I am not sure if the chat agent understood the issue, but the footer can be removed, regardless of the package. The footer is included on all sites, but you are welcome to remove it. Click the button to edit the master page, then uncheck the boxes shown at the top of this topic and the footer will be gone. We do not put it back, so I am not sure why you so it return, but if that occurs again, you can let us know.

16 Messages

• 

538 Points

Right; I got you on that and yes they understood.  Removing the footer is not the issue.  I rather have the footer but without the Homestead hyperlinks included.  I have too many pages to my domain to create individual footers at the bottom for copyrights and would prefer doing so using the footer, without Homestead being inclusive with their hyperlinks.  I would think this would at less be a privilege option for gold members and above.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

I understand. I will also pass on this suggestion for discussion with the developers.

You can remove the existing footer and add a manual one to the master page and that will show up on all pages. Of course, the pages all need to be approximately the same length for this to work.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

10 years ago

Remove advertisement.

I see on below of my website is the advertisement i want to remove that please.

"Website Designed by brandonblacmon brandonblacmon © 2014 at HomesteadTM Make a Website and List Your Business"

10 Messages

• 

630 Points

You have only 2 choices: 1) You can remove both yours and Homesteads and have no Footer. 2) You can remove just yours and have a Footer advertising Homestead (What a scam! You pay them!) They tell you to put a text so called footer at the bottom and it is just as good. But for SEO it is not good. If you look in the source code it even says "NO FOOTER"

Enjoy!

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Unfortunately, those are the options within Sitebuilder. You can create an HTML footer if you wish.

Keep in mind that building a footer can hurt your SEO as much as help it. It will depend on the content you want.

Drew

3 Messages

• 

152 Points

10 years ago

Website edit ...

Hi , i've added a sub domain website and want to edit the "Website designed by ??? etc etc" at the bottom of each web page.
Where do i do this ?

2 Messages

• 

172 Points

10 years ago

Why is there no contact us button or email anymore to set up a help ticket?.

I was working with one of your tech people to fix a  problem that was on my website when Homestead initially created the page.  I paid for my website to be set up and now this problem can not be fixed do to new ownership????   So everything was set back the way it was except now all my pages are advertising homestead!!!!!!   I do not want to advertise homestead on my pages I never did before the no fix and I want it removed.  Why have you removed the contact us for a help ticket section?  Instead you waste peoples time going to a community blog and searching for answers until they are so frustrated.  What are you afraid of by removing the contact us?  How do I get your advertising off of my pages? I would never recommend homestead since it was taken over.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Hi Laurel2653,

Sorry for the frustration, but you can remove the footer per the instructions above.  This was not as a result of the purchase.  The footer has not changed in many years.  It is there by default, but may be removed.  The community is here for your help.  Most questions people ask are answered here and is available 24 hours a day. 

The ticketing system was removed because it was hardly used by customers and when it was it had a lower satisfaction rate.  The community has so far proven to be far superior.

Thanks

Drew

6 Messages

• 

222 Points

10 years ago

how do I change all page footers at once?.

I would like to change the copyright date on my website which is in my footer. I want to change the footer for all the pages at once.

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

The steps above in this thread show you how to edit or remove the footer. 

4 Messages

• 

306 Points

All the above don't work.  Homestead has there's along with mine using your tool one or all go away.  What am I doing wrong?  This is approaching two years of how to questions.

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

danceli1942,   Can you please tell us which site and page(s), you are having the problem with?  Are you saying that you actually have two footers on the page? If so one is likely just an ordinary text box. Please tell us which site and include a url and/or screenshot so we can see where you are stuck. Thanks!

Mike 

8 Messages

• 

214 Points

10 years ago

New Homestead Footer - how to remove?.

I'm paying for a website.  Why is it that now I have a footer advertising Homestead?  I can accept that from free site providers, but wouldn't expect to pay as much as I am and still have the footer on my home page.  How do I remove it?

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

These instructions show you how to remove the footer.

Drew