homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Wednesday, October 17th, 2012 2:14 AM

Sitebuilder Plus: Edit the Footer

Sitebuilder Plus: Edit the Footer

Here are instructions to customize the footer on your website.

1. Click Websites Manager in the left navigation menu. Then, click Edit Site.

2. Click Page Settings in the top toolbar and choose Background, Links, Footer from the drop-down menu. Click Edit your Footer.

3. Here you can edit or remove the Copyright Information. Important: Be sure to uncheck the Display copyright information box if you don't want the Homestead copyright information to appear on your page.

1. Then, click Close

1. Then, click Insert in the top toolbar and select text from the drop-down menu.

1. Drag the text box to the bottom of the webpage and enter in your copyright information. Ex. Copyright 2021. Homestead Technologies. All Rights Reserved

1. Copy and Paste that text box onto your other pages. (You will also want to update the footer on each page through the Page Settings option).

1. Save and Publish your website to see the changes live.
Brand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

12 years ago

Hi,

Here are instructions to customize the footer on your website.

1. Click Websites Manager in the left navigation menu. Then, click Edit Site.

2. Click Page Settings in the top toolbar and choose Background, Links, Footer from the drop-down menu. Click Edit your Footer.

3. Here you can edit or remove the Copyright Information. Important: Be sure to uncheck the Display copyright information box if you don't want the Homestead copyright information to appear on your page.

4. Then, click Close

5. Then, click Insert in the top toolbar and select text from the drop-down menu.

6. Drag the text box to the bottom of the webpage and enter in your copyright information. Ex. Copyright 2012. Homestead Technologies. All Rights Reserved

7. Copy and Paste that text box onto your other pages. (You will also want to update the footer on each page through the Page Settings option).

8. Save and Publish your website to see the changes live.

2 Messages

• 

170 Points

This answer was perfect! I was able to remove the copyright information by following these steps! THANK YOU!! :-)

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Excellent

165 Messages

• 

8K Points

The answer may be perfect, is there a legit reason why we have to deal with it? Please, is there someone in charge that can come on here and tell us when things will be back to normal?

What imbecile thought that maybe this was a good idea, putting footers at the bottom of our pages.

It is obvious as hell NO ONE LIKES IT yet you all can't fix it?

PLAESE?????

5 Messages

• 

192 Points

I tried it, I could not change it. Does homestead support iPad platform.? And I couldn’t find the display copy rights box. Please help and teach me. Thank you so much!

1 Message

• 

112 Points

12 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
How do I remove the bottom "Homestead" and "Making a Website" link?.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

11 years ago

The designed by at the bottom of my webpage shows designed by 5 SATR KUSTOMS when it should show 5 STAR KUSTOMS. How can this be corrected?

Designed by has wrong info.

80 Messages

• 

15.4K Points

Hi Brandon -

Thanks for writing in!

You can correct this info by going to Page Settings > Background, Links Footer > Edit Footer, then edit the information next to "Copyright".

Hope that helps!
Aubrey

4 Messages

• 

306 Points

Hi Aubrey

I implemented your suggestion.  This is my footer now; "Website Designed by Official publication of Knights of Columbus 10505 All writes are reserved © 2014 at HomesteadTM Get a Website and List Your Business."   This does not go away. I viewed "Page Source"  and could not fined it. It will not go away. found this Script, I don't know if this is the problem.var masterBottom = 162; if (typeof jQuery != 'undefined') { $(document).ready(function(){ try{var footerTop = 0;var curPageBottom = 0; if (typeof nPageBottom == 'undefined'){ $('div[id^="element"]').each(function(i){ var top = $(this).css('top'); var height = $(this).css('height'); top = parseInt(top.substring(0,top.length - 2)); height = parseInt(height.substring(0,height.length - 2)); if ((top + height) > curPageBottom){curPageBottom = top + height;} }); }else{curPageBottom = nPageBottom;} footerTop = masterBottom > curPageBottom ? masterBottom : curPageBottom; $('#footer').css('top', footerTop + 'px'); }catch (e){$('#footer').hide();} }); } For me this is a show stopper.

7 Messages

• 

284 Points

11 years ago

Website Designed at HomesteadTM Make a Website and List Your Business when I post a link to my sites on twitter or LinkedIn Discussions. I want to advertize my sites NOT HOMESTEAD. How can I remove this immediately

How do I remove the footer?.

7 Messages

• 

284 Points

11 years ago

I am having a HUGE problem with Homestead due to its persistence in showing Website Designed at HomesteadTM Make a Website and List Your Business when I post a link to my sites on twitter or LinkedIn Discussions. I want to advertize my sites NOT HOMESTEAD. How can I remove this immediately

How do I remove the footer?.

7 Messages

• 

284 Points

11 years ago

when I link my sites to a LinkedIn discussion the headline for the site comes up Website Designed at HomesteadTM Make a Website and List Your Business this is really annoying as I want to advertize my site NOT HOMESTEAD. How do I remove it.

Removing Website Designed at HomesteadTM Make a Website and List Your Business.

80 Messages

• 

15.4K Points

Hi Stuart -

Please check out the post above on how to remove the footer on your site.

Thanks,
Aubrey

51 Messages

• 

1.7K Points

11 years ago

Hello how do can I remove the following from my websites.

Website Designed by Massage in Motion © 2013 at HomesteadTM Design a Website

Remove footer.

80 Messages

• 

15.4K Points

Hi Maria -

Thanks for writing in!

Yes, you can definitely remove the footer by checking out the post above. If you want to use a custom footer with the Homestead info, you can simply add a text box with the information you want to use, then drag it to the bottom of your page.

Hope that helps!
Aubrey

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

11 years ago

I dont want my website design date to change...is there a way to prevent this from happening. I originally designed my webiste in 2007. I noticed as I made changes it updated to 2013. Is there a way to prevent the change of date happening?

website design and hosted by.....all right reserved date.

10 Messages

• 

308 Points

11 years ago

Can the homestead template logo be removed at the bottom on my website pages? I have quite a lot of pages and that footer is a bit annoying.

Homestead Footer!.

2 Messages

• 

266 Points

11 years ago

I resent Intuit deciding to sneak a running advertisement at the bottom of each webpage and also taking the liberty of publicly identifying the web designer.
There is now a running footer that announces, "Website designed by (my name) using Intuit Sitebuilder templates. Design your own website now!"

I haven't given Intuit permission to put my name on the site or on the internet. The site was not designed using their silly templates -- it was built from scratch.

This whole sneaky advertising business just seems cheap and unfair to me.

Sneaky Intuit advertisements on websites!.

18 Messages

• 

3.3K Points

11 years ago

I would love to know how to remove Homestead's footer on every page at one time! There should be a global way to delete that annoying advertisement!

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

11 years ago

That's a good idea Dave7607,

It would definitely be easier when working on large sites to be able to just turn it off once, instead of doing it one page at a time. Hopefully our developers will add it in the future.

Mike

18 Messages

• 

3.3K Points

11 years ago

I can't even tell you how long it took for me to remove that footer from every page. It was not a good experience. I can think of a million better things to do than sit there and go through every page.

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

This is a great conversation that's separate from the main topic, so I created a new topic to continue the discussion. Please reference the new topic here: I would like to see an option that allows the user to remove the footer from all ...

132 Messages

• 

4.2K Points

11 years ago

How do get rid of the using Homestead website templates. Create a website today. on the footer?.

How do get rid of the using Homestead website templates. Create a website today. on the footer?

1 Message

• 

134 Points

11 years ago

At this time it seems the best way to approach any new pages for your website is to first build a "template" without the Homestead footer. I have read many of the responses to this question and they all say the same thing. I have edited all pages on my website, however it will not go away on my "index" or "Home' page. Any idea why?