homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Wednesday, October 17th, 2012 6:05 PM

Sitebuilder Plus: Edit Site Navigation Menu

Sitebuilder Plus: Edit Site Navigation Menu
Here are some instructions to edit a page's name and link within your site navigation menu:

1. Click Websites Manager in the left navigation menu.Then, click Edit Site.

2. Click on your navigation menu so it is highlighted.

3. Click Links in the Site Navigation Menu Settings. Select the page that you want to edit.

• Edit Page Name

• With the link selected, you will be able to change the display name below the link list. This will change your navigation menu to the new page name.

• Edit Page Link

• With the link selected, click Edit Link below the link list.

When the small window opens, click Browse to locate the newly named page.

4. Once you have renamed the page and updated the link, publish your website for the updates to be live.

6 Messages

• 

284 Points

10 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled what is Link6.

link6 is showing on my webpage when published. What is it?

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

10 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I saved a page and deleted an old one and now it just get stuck on loading and th....

I renamed a page and save as...  then deleted the old one.  Now the new page will not load and get jammed and then times out.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

spoonfulofsugar1008524,

If this doesn't solve your problem, let us know which page is the issue.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

10 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Gallery will Not Publish!.

3rd page(gallery) on luiscardenashomes.com will not publish. Can you please assist and figure out what's wrong? I would greatly appreciate it.
Thank You.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Luis5042,

The page is published, but your navigation menu is pointed to a page called photo-gallery.html, and your page is photo-gallery1.html. Use the instructions at the top to point to the correct page.

10 Messages

• 

332 Points

10 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Page cannot be found. I get this message when I click on my website except for h....

Page cannot be found. I have a home page but then I click a different page and it says "page cannot be found". I have published entire site, confirmed it has been published ect. Please help!

129 Messages

• 

18.9K Points

Hello carpenter3603468,
I reviewed your website and the reason the other pages are not pulling up is because the navigation menu links are not linking correctly. Please see the article above for steps on how edit it. 

2 Messages

• 

142 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled index links.

How do I change the names of the index links on my web site?

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How do I move the order of pages.

I would like to move page 2 with page 3 so customers see it that way

129 Messages

• 

18.9K Points

The only order customers will see is your navigation menu. To change the order see the article above, and instead of changing the name, click the black up or down arrow to change it's spot in the list. 

661 Messages

• 

75.4K Points

Select the menu and use "Links" in your Site Navigation Menu Settings (on the right side of your monitor.)

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled On my Webpage Site Error 404 appears it should be Totes. How do I get it off and ....

129 Messages

• 

18.9K Points

Hello,

You want to edit the links on the navigation menu as shown in the article above.

11 Messages

• 

430 Points

I want to remove the extra repeated name that has come in my navigation menu. How can I do it?

4 Messages

• 

172 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled how do i edit a link.

129 Messages

• 

18.9K Points

Try the steps above if the link is in a navigation menu. If the link is some text, see the article below.

https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/how_do_i_link_text_on_my_page

5 Messages

• 

202 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled how do i get my links to open when i display the nagigation menu.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Why is only the 1st page publishing and not all pages?.

I have finished building my site, but when I clicked 'publish entire site', only the 1st page has published.  When you click on the links on the index to the other pages, they are blank and all the content missing.  Help!  :-)

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

You need to edit the navigation buttons to point to the correctly named pages.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I am trying to add this new page but I can't seem to see a tab online.

I've added a new page, but it is not posting online.

2 Messages

• 

142 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled The link to this page appears to be broken. How can I fix it?.

I have edited this page, saved it, published it and refreshed it several times but I can not get it to display properly. I don't know what else to do to fix the link.

129 Messages

• 

18.9K Points

Hello,

Please use the above guide to fix the navigation menu.

4 Messages

• 

174 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I edited 3 pages on my website and they are still showing as ' under construction....

129 Messages

• 

18.9K Points

Hello,

Looks like the issue lies with your navigation menu. See the above article for steps on how to edit this.

4 Messages

• 

174 Points

Thank you :) I got it sorted out. Perhaps some further explanation about having to do a 'Save as' on each page to rename the file then go back and delete the previous file name would have helped. At least that was the issue I was having. Many thanks

9 Messages

• 

272 Points

is the key to delete the previous file name???

4 Messages

• 

174 Points

@Bill8793 : Under 'edit' save the page 'save as' and name it what you want . Afterwards go to your file manager and yes delete the old one. Not sure what problem you are having but that's what I did.

3 Messages

• 

172 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Page not found- need help....

Page not found for my members only and sponsors pages. I changed my calendar page from events&meetings to events calendar. I saved as events calendar. now it comes up as page not found. However, if I click on media slider, calendar comes up. After I preview, I don't see a tab to go back to the home page. Please give me some assistance in correcting these problems!. Thank you.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

PVWC5891,

If you renamed pages and are getting the page not found from the menu, then you probably need to relink the menu items to the new page names

1 Message

• 

110 Points

The question was "How do I rename a page name in my menu? Some how it got listed as blank, but should say For Our Teens.

129 Messages

• 

18.9K Points

Hello,

Try this article if you need to rename the page.

https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/how_do_i_rename_my_website_pages

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I CANT SEE 2 PAGES I'VE PUBLISHED. THE RESTREPO AND SELFIE PAGE. HELP.