homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Wednesday, October 17th, 2012 6:05 PM

Sitebuilder Plus: Edit Site Navigation Menu

Sitebuilder Plus: Edit Site Navigation Menu
Here are some instructions to edit a page's name and link within your site navigation menu:

1. Click Websites Manager in the left navigation menu.Then, click Edit Site.

2. Click on your navigation menu so it is highlighted.

3. Click Links in the Site Navigation Menu Settings. Select the page that you want to edit.

• Edit Page Name

• With the link selected, you will be able to change the display name below the link list. This will change your navigation menu to the new page name.

• Edit Page Link

• With the link selected, click Edit Link below the link list.

When the small window opens, click Browse to locate the newly named page.

4. Once you have renamed the page and updated the link, publish your website for the updates to be live.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

11 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Tabs not matching content.

I am having a serious problem. My tabs are not reflecting the information that is suppose to be in there. I need help. How do I change those tabs without adding a new page?

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

11 years ago

how do i change a name in the navigation bar.

3 Messages

• 

172 Points

11 years ago

Simple Store problem.

I added simple store and I wanted to add it to the navigation bar, but when I go to links and browse it's not listed. I was able to find it, but it was called Link 5. I want it to say "Store" not "Link 5". Also, how do I get the pictures out of the Photo Gallery and into the Ecommerce image browse? It doesn't use the same images. Furthermore, I don't have the original pictures saved other than in the Photo Gallery.

Brady

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

You can change the link name in step #3 above. It's the "display name" field.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

11 years ago

Page Not Found.

Two pages on my site are there in the editing. I save them, and publish, but when I preview, I just get Page not Found. The rest of the pages are OK.

Someone help me . . . I'm spending tooooo much time working on the site and not on my service business (that is, not making money!).

4 Messages

• 

162 Points

11 years ago

template file names.

I chose a template for my website. The file names have nothing to do with my pages yet it appears in the URL. When I try to change the file name in File Manager, the rename button is grayed out. Is there no fix for this?

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

To rename an actual page, use the "Save As" button and then just rename the page. Once the page is renamed, then you'll need to reconnect the hyperlink to the correct new page as shown in this thread.

Mike

1 Message

• 

120 Points

11 years ago

why do i need to type in www.kofc8661.ca/officers.html as opposed to www.kofc8661.ca/officers ??? if i type the second one it says page not foundwhy is that

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

The .html indicates that it is a page to display. Without it our system thinks it is a folder on the server and there is nothing there to display.

Drew

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

11 years ago

Pages are not in correct secuence. Why not? www.latiendademarty.com.

The secuence of pages are wrong what I did?

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Are you actually trying to change the order of the navigation links? If so can change the order by clicking on the up, and down arrows in the screenshots above. If you are trying to change something else on the pages, let me know.

Mike

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

11 years ago

Hello. Might you be able to tell me how to insert/create a new tab in the website menu?.

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Are you referring to to the links on your navigation menu? If so, follow the steps above. If not please explain. Thanks!

Mike

4 Messages

• 

162 Points

11 years ago

page name vs. html name.

I used a template of which I changed the page names. However, the original page names are reflected in the URL ie: siteaddress/reservations.html but that page name is not reservations. Can that be changed so that the page name is reflected in the URL?

6 Messages

• 

202 Points

10 years ago

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

You need to point each button to the correct page. This topic should help.

Drew

5 Messages

• 

254 Points

10 years ago

change link name.

I have a link that I am trying to change from Photo-Gallery to Donors. How do I change the name of the link without having ownership of the link. At the top of the page it shows Photo-Gallery and the link reads Photo-Gallery. I have already changed and posted the changes which reflects going to the correct page but the link name is incorrect. The display name is Donors which is what I want to show.

Can you send the response to enufed@yahoo.com

Note: This topic was created from a reply on the How do I take the page name out of my website's public link? topic.

9 Messages

• 

472 Points

10 years ago

Can I add a page to the navigation panel after I have created the page?.

I have created a page without adding to the navigation panel. Can I now add it, or do I have to create the page again from scratch?

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

In step 3, you can use the + at the top of the link list to add a new link.

Drew

3 Messages

• 

142 Points

10 years ago

Unable to change Page Name.

I recently revamped an old page on my site and have been frustrated with my inability to rename the page. Followed the recommendations offered on this page but it just won't change. What might prevent the change?

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

If this post does not help, the let us know the exact problem. Are you having trouble with the actual page name, or the link name. They are updated separately.

3 Messages

• 

142 Points

Mike, as an employee, let me provide you additional information that might help correct this problem. Within my website www.vancedistributor.com I have as one of my navigation links "Getting Started". This page was created on the bones of a previous page "2010_ Intentions". I cannot change the page name address to reflect Getting Started despite going through the stated procedure.

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

To change the actual name of the page, just open the page that you wish to rename, and use the "save as" link to give it a new name. Here's a more applicable help topic. https://community.homestead.com/homes...

Then, once you rename the page, you'll have to reconnect the hyperlink to the newly named page as shown in step 3 on this page.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

10 years ago

Changing the page names.

how do I change the pages/the headings to another name?
example: photo gallery and services are to be switched around....just the headings.?

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

If this page isn't what you are looking for let me know.

Mike

2 Messages

• 

134 Points

10 years ago

How do you change page order.

Looking for instructions on how to change order of pages. Just about done and needs to be in the right order.

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

It sounds like you are actually wanting to re-order the navigation links. If you follow the steps above, and you get to step #3, you can click on the link name, then use the up and down arrows to change the order.

Mike