homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Wednesday, October 17th, 2012 6:05 PM

Sitebuilder Plus: Edit Site Navigation Menu

Sitebuilder Plus: Edit Site Navigation Menu
Here are some instructions to edit a page's name and link within your site navigation menu:

1. Click Websites Manager in the left navigation menu.Then, click Edit Site.

2. Click on your navigation menu so it is highlighted.

3. Click Links in the Site Navigation Menu Settings. Select the page that you want to edit.

• Edit Page Name

• With the link selected, you will be able to change the display name below the link list. This will change your navigation menu to the new page name.

• Edit Page Link

• With the link selected, click Edit Link below the link list.

When the small window opens, click Browse to locate the newly named page.

4. Once you have renamed the page and updated the link, publish your website for the updates to be live.

4 Messages

• 

172 Points

11 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
website has "page not found" when I click on it.

When I click on my active website, one of the pages comes up as "page not found" any answers will be greatly appreciated; thanks: Roland.

120 Messages

• 

40K Points

Hi Roland,

Sounds like the link is not associated with the correct page name. You can use the instructions at the top of this page to resolve the issue.

Let me know if you need further assistance, thanks.

Ehsan

If this post helps, please give a "Star" and complete this survey to rate me.

3 Messages

• 

152 Points

11 years ago

How do I change capital letters to lower case in the site navigation for the pages?.

At the top of the pages are links for each page. I have two that are Caps with then lower case letters, and the others are all Caps. How do I change that?

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Follow the instructions in this thread. You'll change the text as shown in step #3.

Thanks!

Mike

1 Message

• 

110 Points

11 years ago

When I publish my site and go to my "Team" page the "Contact Us" link is highlighted, then when you go to the "Contact Us" page -none of the links are highlighted. All of the other links highlight as advertised.

Any ideas would be great.
Thanks,
-Steven

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

The links seem to be working fine as of now. When you click the links, the current page is highlighted which is the way it's designed. So, I'm assuming you fixed the problem. If not it may be a caching issue in your browser. Here are the steps: https://community.homestead.com/homes...

Thanks!

Mike

2 Messages

• 

144 Points

11 years ago

I had a functioning little website which I had left unused for a long time. Then when I tried to update it and add the new pages I purchased, everything fell apart and now nothing works. When I try to open ozarkart-photo.com only one page shows and none of the links work. I tried to set up a new navigation bar but have not been able to do that either. Please help.

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Hi Gordon, it looks like all of your pages are still ok. It appears you just removed your navigation links. This thread shows you how to create a new menu, or, when you get to step #3, you will see an option to use an existing menu. I noticed there are already several menus created. You can add any one of them to the site, or create a brand new one.

https://community.homestead.com/homes...

Thanks!

Mike

2 Messages

• 

142 Points

11 years ago

Need help, I was conncecting to my facebook page once I updated my web site but nowits not working. Not sure what do do

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

This is a great conversation that's separate from the main topic, so I created a new topic to continue the discussion. Please reference the new topic here: Need help posting to Facebook.

9 Messages

• 

404 Points

11 years ago

None of this helped.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

11 years ago

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

11 years ago

How do I change the name on the page view while building a site.

I am trying to build the site and I have the pages labeled incorrect. I have the about us under installation. How do I change this. and will it affect the site when I publish.

1 Message

• 

110 Points

11 years ago

Hi,
I followed these steps and got as far as edit. It did not drop down to edit the page names or the page. I did not get this option. I really need to remove the one page.
How can I do this. I have services twice, one where I was able to put the services on and the other where the page does not show up.
HELP!!!!

www.mpcrs.net

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

If you are trying to remove a page, you will need the steps in this thread: https://community.homestead.com/homes...

2 Messages

• 

142 Points

11 years ago

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

If you look at step #3, you'll see a box for "display name" which is what controls the actual text on the link.

Thanks!

Mike

4 Messages

• 

174 Points

11 years ago

cant erase current words on the menu tab on home page.

I need to know how to erase and add to the options menu on the home page..for example, home, about us, jobs, how do I erase or add to that menu tab?

I need to just have 4 OPTIONS on this menu tab,
HOME
JOBS
HOW THIS WORKS FOR YOU

Thank you

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Let us know if you need anything more.

Drew

4 Messages

• 

174 Points

this reply shows me how to change the name, that is not what I was asking for
I need to ERASE THE NAMES ON THE MENU INCLUDING THE EXTRA PAGES, HOW DO YOU ERASE THE NAMES AND THE EXTRA PAGES ON MY SITE??

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

On step #3 above, you just select the link you wish to remove and click the "-" sign. To delete an actual page you can delete it from the File Manager as shown in this thread https://community.homestead.com/homes... or just click the small "x" on the View Page drop-down menu.

Thanks!

Mike

3 Messages

• 

174 Points

11 years ago

No link for navigating website?.

I started out with a blank website and only had one page. I finished the page and added two other pages, separately titled "Feminine Appeal" and "Rejuvenating Face Mask". I finished those two pages but for some reason there is no link on the home page that takes the page from "home" to my other two pages. What do I do?

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Follow the steps here.  When you get to #3, click the + sign and it will give you the option to create new links.

1 Message

• 

110 Points

Thank!!

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

You're welcome!

6 Messages

• 

202 Points

11 years ago

I have my home page, but, when I go to my other pages, nothing shows up. Help.

I did a new site Navigation bar, but, nothing still does not work.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

11 years ago

Changing a Page Name on Site Builder Plus editing page.

Recently I changed a "Page Heading" on my website. It formerly was called "Contact" but I have changed it to "Testimonials." Is there anyway I can change the name of the page on the Site Builder Plus page? When I am making changes, I always know that what shows up as "Contact" is now "Testimonials" but it would be nice if that is the way it read on the Site Builder Plus editing page. Thanks!

1 Message

• 

110 Points

11 years ago

I have read the instructions provided for changing a page name in the navigation menu. The names I have given to each page show correctly on the navigation menu itself, however I cannot find a way to change the names from the default titles such as "testimonials", "about", etc. These names still show up when published online. I would like to have them correspond with what shows on the menu. Is that possible to do?

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

You will first want to rename the web page by following the steps here; https://community.homestead.com/homes...

Once you have the page renamed, then you will reconnect the navigation link to the new page as shown in step #3 above.

Mike