homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Wednesday, October 17th, 2012 6:05 PM

Sitebuilder Plus: Edit Site Navigation Menu

Sitebuilder Plus: Edit Site Navigation Menu
Here are some instructions to edit a page's name and link within your site navigation menu:

1. Click Websites Manager in the left navigation menu.Then, click Edit Site.

2. Click on your navigation menu so it is highlighted.

3. Click Links in the Site Navigation Menu Settings. Select the page that you want to edit.

• Edit Page Name

• With the link selected, you will be able to change the display name below the link list. This will change your navigation menu to the new page name.

• Edit Page Link

• With the link selected, click Edit Link below the link list.

When the small window opens, click Browse to locate the newly named page.

4. Once you have renamed the page and updated the link, publish your website for the updates to be live.

1 Message

• 

112 Points

11 years ago

I deleted a page on my site (News or Reviews), but the page name still shows in the navigation bar. When you click on it, you are taken to a white screen with random information.

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Deleted page still shows in menu bar.

120 Messages

• 

40K Points

Hi christy4213,

Using the instructions above, once you're in the link list, click on the link you wish to remove and then click the minus sign.

Let me know if I can offer further assistance, thanks!

Ehsan

1 Message

• 

112 Points

11 years ago

when I open my web on the second page about us, I got this error why.

Explanation: The IP address for the website you requested could not be found.

Try the following:
Refresh page: Search for the page again by clicking the Refresh button. The timeout may have occurred due to Internet congestion.
Check spelling: Check that you typed the Web page address correctly. The address may have been mistyped.
Access from a link: If there is a link to the page you are looking for, try accessing the page from that link.
If you are still not able to view the requested page, try contacting your administrator or Helpdesk.

Technical Information (for support personnel)
Error Code 11001: Host not found
Background: This error indicates that the gateway could not find the IP address of the website you are trying to access. This is usually due to a DNS-related error.
Date: 5/6/2013 11:36:17 PM [GMT]
Server: aut-proxy.rivlib.net
Source: DNS error

need help.

120 Messages

• 

40K Points

Hi raul0003,

The link is not associated with the correct page name, your about us page name is actually About-Us.html.

Please see the detailed instructions above for assistance with editing your about link.

Ehsan

1 Message

• 

112 Points

11 years ago

The links on my pages do not link to one another..Example: on the home page you click the about us and are unable to goto the about us page from the home page..Know how to fix in a cpanel..But how to fix in the site builder? Thank you....

How to link pages to one another on website builder???.

9 Messages

• 

252 Points

11 years ago

Hello,
I had to create a new navigation menu for page four of my photo gallery, because after publishing the page it would insert a page that wasn't listed...sigh. Anyway, that's fixed, but I found that when I created a new nav menu it did not give me the option of making buttons like the rest of my navigation menus on the photo gallery pages. What's up with that? I want them to all look the same and no where does it give me that option when building a new one anymore. Did that change for some reason?

Thanks
www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com

1 Message

• 

112 Points

11 years ago

I created links to navigate through my website's pages but when I preview and try to navigate, it says page does not exist. What am I doing wrong?

Creating Navigation on my website.

120 Messages

• 

40K Points

Hi beautybymarsha2020,

Sounds like the page names may be linked incorrectly. Use the instructions about to make sure that the correct page names are associated with the links you've created.

Ehsan

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

11 years ago

I need to edit a tab button

How do i edit a page button on the home page?.

3 Messages

• 

180 Points

I have the same problem. When you click on the answer "how do I edit a page..." It takes you to a SORRY can't help page?.

2 Messages

• 

1.5K Points

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues. The link from the post that you commented on is no longer an active link. But the information on how to make these edits can be found at the top of this page in the posts from "Homestead FAQ".

Thanks,
Matt

3 Messages

• 

144 Points

11 years ago

i just published my site and my home portfolio and contact tabs are not working to navigate thru pages, but they were earlier. what did i do wrong? please help

naigation tab help.

120 Messages

• 

40K Points

Hi wicked8958,

It looks like they're working as they should be so you might have already resolved this. For future reference, its generally cause by the buttons not be linked to the correct page name.

Using the instructions above, you can edit the menu to associate them with the correct page names.

Hope this helps, thanks!

Ehsan

2 Messages

• 

154 Points

11 years ago

Why am I getting a message re: 'page cannot be found' after I spent a lot of time building the webpage up. At first it said it was 'too large', so I shrunk pics, then when published, it said cannot be found. It also said 'website published', but when I called the site back up, it says 'page cannot be found? And another page that was already published is now showing 'page not found'. Also, why am I being charged for an upgrade, but I don't have access to the tools or other features that come with the upgrade?

Whats up with the 'PAGE CANNOT BE FOUND' thing?.

120 Messages

• 

40K Points

Hi brynnwynn3698603,

Your navigation menu buttons are linked to incorrect page names. Please use the instructions above to link your buttons to the correct name pages.

Ehsan

2 Messages

• 

130 Points

All of these responses keep saying use the instructions above however, those instructions make no sense. Once I follow the very last instruction by clicking browse only pix come up - 4 of my 6 pages aren't working and today is Saturday???? Homestead is closed?? This is craaaazy! Please help me joyoflife.biz

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

In the pop up box, after you hit browse you will need to scroll down to find the pages. The files are in alphabetical order.

Drew

2 Messages

• 

120 Points

11 years ago

I spoke to a support person earlier. He helped me set up the Navigation Menu. When I was setting it up one of my pages disappeared (About Us). The gentleman said he would set it up again so that when I opened up my sit it would be there, it isn' there. Should I redo the page again? I am ready to Publish, but I won't until I have it all complete.

120 Messages

• 

40K Points

Hi mstg4mm1838,

Sorry about that, not sure why it wasn't showing up. I went ahead and restored your about page so you should see it next time you log in.

Please see this topic for step by step instructions on how to create a navigation menu: Creating a navigation menu

What you currently have on your pages is just a text box, meaning they're not clickable links.

Let me know if you have any other questions, thanks!

Ehsan

2 Messages

• 

120 Points

11 years ago

No but sice you updated Sitebuilder to Plus it is very confusing to try to work with this new one.

120 Messages

• 

40K Points

Hi mstg4mm1838,

Please let me know if you have any other questions, if you're only having trouble with the navigation menu, please see my response above.

Thanks,
Ehsan

1 Message

• 

112 Points

11 years ago

I wanted to insert a photo gallery into my website. I then changed my mind and deleted the page. However, the "photo gallery" link still shows up in the quick link section of my page. For some reason, it does not appear on the drop-down menu to edit or remove the link. I can't find out how to get rid of it! Any ideas?

Removing a page from the quick link section???.

120 Messages

• 

40K Points

Hi Kody1208,

Use the instructions above to edit your menu - Click the minus sign after selecting your photo gallery link to remove it.

Let me know if you need further assistance, thanks.

Ehsan

1 Message

• 

112 Points

11 years ago

I want to reverse the position of pages 3 & 4 on the website

How to rearrange pages.

120 Messages

• 

40K Points

Hi dAVID4217,

Using the instructions above, click on the up and down arrows to re-arrange the order of your menu when you're in the Link List.

Let me know if you need further assistance, thanks!

Ehsan

If this post helps, please give a "Star" and complete this survey to rate me.

2 Messages

• 

144 Points

11 years ago

I started trying to edit and add some new pages to my website but somewhere lost the navigation buttons on the home page. How do I get them back? I also have some old page names I want to change or delete from index but do not know how to do that either.

I lost navigation buttons on my home-index page as I edited site. And how can I edit-delete page names on index?.

120 Messages

• 

40K Points

Hi Miller5256,

You can use the instructions at the top of this page to edit existing links on your navigation menu.

To add it back to the page, click:

+insert > more > navigation menu
(select 'use existing')

Let me know if i can offer further assistance, thanks!

Ehsan

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

11 years ago

I deleted pages and they are still showing up on the menu bar... how do I delete them?.

120 Messages

• 

40K Points

Hi chanda4632,

Using the instructions above, you can delete a link from the menu by selecting it in the Link List and clicking the minus sign.

Hope this helps, let me know if you need further assistance.

Thanks,
Ehsan

3 Messages

• 

142 Points

11 years ago

Navigation Menu isse.

I have created a new page but it is not showing up in my main navigation menu. It is a blank page meant to be a flyer so that page itself should not show the navigation menu. However I would like the rest of the website to show this page on the navigation menu. Help.

120 Messages

• 

40K Points

Hi Anita4122

I wasn't sure if you wanted to add or remove a link. The instructions above will show you how to edit your menu, just click the Plus sign to add a link or the Minus sign to remove it (in the link list).

Let me know if you need further assistance, thanks.

Ehsan

3 Messages

• 

142 Points

In essence I am trying to create a flyer linked from my main navigation menu. I have created the flyer but it does not show in my main navigation menu.

120 Messages

• 

40K Points

Hi Anita122,

Thanks for the clarification -

You can use the instructions above to add a link for the flyer. When you're in your link list, click the plus sign.

Hope this helps, thanks.

Ehsan