homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Wednesday, October 17th, 2012 6:05 PM

Sitebuilder Plus: Edit Site Navigation Menu

Sitebuilder Plus: Edit Site Navigation Menu
Here are some instructions to edit a page's name and link within your site navigation menu:

1. Click Websites Manager in the left navigation menu.Then, click Edit Site.

2. Click on your navigation menu so it is highlighted.

3. Click Links in the Site Navigation Menu Settings. Select the page that you want to edit.

• Edit Page Name

• With the link selected, you will be able to change the display name below the link list. This will change your navigation menu to the new page name.

• Edit Page Link

• With the link selected, click Edit Link below the link list.

When the small window opens, click Browse to locate the newly named page.

4. Once you have renamed the page and updated the link, publish your website for the updates to be live.

5 Messages

• 

172 Points

11 years ago

I'm sorry if this question has already been answered, I can't find it. I was trying to create an about us page, couldn't figure out how to do something, so I got frustrated and deleted it the quick way, from the view page drop down menu. Then tried to create a new about us page, but I now have two about us buttons on the navigation bar and I can't seem to delete one. Please help, it looks retarded!

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
How do I remove duplicate buttons in my menu?.

120 Messages

• 

40K Points

Hi courtney3157,

I think this is the topic you were hoping to find when searching for an asnwer to your question.

Use the instructions above to edit your menu - Using the minus sign will allow you to remove the selected link(s).

Let me know if you need further assistance, thanks!

Ehsan

5 Messages

• 

172 Points

Thank you

4 Messages

• 

182 Points

11 years ago

I deleted my Navigation links by mistake, got them back, but now there are no links. I tried adding links, but they still don't work.

Navigation links are gone - can't find my pages except home page.

120 Messages

• 

40K Points

Hi lakewood1002595,

Above are step by step instructions on how to edit your navigation menu.

Ehsan

3 Messages

• 

160 Points

11 years ago

I have no links and I can't get to the navigation. What do I do??

3 Messages

• 

142 Points

11 years ago

How can I removed a "Photo Gallery" Button and page from my website? www.kingdomtvcameras.com

Question.

120 Messages

• 

40K Points

Hi karylgaehring3145,

You can use the minus sign to remove the photogallery link from your menu after you select it in the link list (see the above instructions).

Ehsan

4 Messages

• 

202 Points

11 years ago

I have deleted some pages from my site; yet, their tabs still exist on the tops of the pages which I need to keep. They have not disappeared even after publishing the whole sit. How to get rid of them?

removing unnecessary tabs from top of page.

120 Messages

• 

40K Points

Hi bradleyaleger8963,

Please use the instructions above to edit your navigation menu - Once you click on the Link(s) you no longer need, use the minus sign to remove it from your menu.

Ehsan

3 Messages

• 

142 Points

11 years ago

I started to add a new page to my navigation bar and then decided to delete the page and I thought I did but the name of the page I was working on is still in the navigation bar. I have tried everything to delete the page name and nothing works. any suggestions? The page name does not come up in the page index - just is on the navigation bar.

Navigation Bar.

120 Messages

• 

40K Points

Hi Michael7154,

Sorry for the delay -

Use the instructions above to edit your menu. You'll need to click on the link you no longer want in the link list then click the minus sign to remove it.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Thanks!

Ehsan

1 Message

• 

112 Points

11 years ago

How can I remove a blank link in my navigation menu?

I removed "About Me" and made a 2nd "About Me" link. After removing a page from the navigation bar, I still have a space with no text or page.

How can I locate and remove the 1st "About Me" link?

Navigation Bar - Two links.

120 Messages

• 

40K Points

Hi Elizabeth2397,

Using the instructions above will show you how to edit an existing link in your menu. To remove a link, click on it in the "link list" and then click the minus sign.

Ehsan

1 Message

• 

116 Points

11 years ago

I have two about me in menu tabs. how do I delete one

how can I delet the name in the menu.

120 Messages

• 

40K Points

Hi jdsgc5186,

Use the instructions above to get to your link list, then select one of your about me links and click the minus icon to remove it.

Ehsan

3 Messages

• 

142 Points

11 years ago

When I orginally was building my site, I added an About page and then deleted it because I changed my mind. Then I added it again. Now About Us appear twice in a row. How do I clean up the appearance?

I have 2 About links when I visit my website. How do I get rid of one?.

120 Messages

• 

40K Points

Hi prout8999,

Use the instructions above to get to your link list, then use the minus sign to remove the extra link you don't need.

Ehsan

1 Message

• 

112 Points

11 years ago

I just published my website and it was suppose to be a three page site and only one of my pages published which is the home page. when I try to go to the links and click my other pages it takes me back to my home page please help!!!!!!!! Jennifer Crosby

My full site is not publishing!!!!! Why are my other pages not being published?.

120 Messages

• 

40K Points

Hi Jennifer,

Sorry for the delay -

It looks like you don't have your buttons linked to actual pages which is why they won't work.

Please use the instructions above and let me know if you need further assistance.

Thanks!

Ehsan

3 Messages

• 

162 Points

11 years ago

I made a mistake and now have two "Our Approach" pages....How do I eliminate one?

How do I eliminate a duplicate listing in menu?.

120 Messages

• 

40K Points

Hi foxbishop60040,

Use the instructions above to edit your menu, click the minus sign to remove a link.

Thanks,
Ehsan

1 Message

• 

122 Points

11 years ago

When I log in to the sitebuilder plus site, my website looks fine. When I click "preview," the first page looks ok, but then none of the other pages work. They all revert back to the original template. I don't want to actually publish the site until I know these pages will work. Help!
The only thing that I can think of is that I tried to edit the links from the homepage (ex: change "About-Us" to "About").

Preview reverting back to template!.

1 Message

• 

112 Points

11 years ago

I created my website but I'm having issues in removing two of the tabs.... I only want three showing but five are showing and the two are blank. How do I go about removing the tabs so they do not show on my website once its publish?

Website Tab Help!!.

120 Messages

• 

40K Points

Hi mtmedicalconsultants4424 ,

Use the minus sign to remove any unwanted links, let me know if you need further assistance, thanks.

Ehsan

1 Message

• 

112 Points

11 years ago

How do I link whats on my navigation menu to the pages I created.Example: If I have necklaces in the navigation menu. I need to be able to press that word and it takes me to that page.

Navigation Menu.

120 Messages

• 

40K Points

Hi TreChicBoutique018510,

You can use the instructions above to edit your navigation menu.

(click the +sign to add more links).

Hope this helps, thanks.

Ehsan

1 Message

• 

112 Points

11 years ago

I have deleted my"products" page because i dont sell any per se. The page still comes up in the list of pages and when you go there it says "error" I want to renmove anyand all reference to this page please

Delete a page completely including in list of pages.

120 Messages

• 

40K Points

Hi markfreedman1170,

Using the instructions above, you can edit your navigation menu. When you're in the link list, click on the Products link and click the minus sign to remove it.

Don't forget to save/publish - Let me know if I can offer further assistance.

Thanks,
Ehsan