homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Wednesday, October 17th, 2012 6:05 PM

Sitebuilder Plus: Edit Site Navigation Menu

Sitebuilder Plus: Edit Site Navigation Menu
Here are some instructions to edit a page's name and link within your site navigation menu:

1. Click Websites Manager in the left navigation menu.Then, click Edit Site.

2. Click on your navigation menu so it is highlighted.

3. Click Links in the Site Navigation Menu Settings. Select the page that you want to edit.

• Edit Page Name

• With the link selected, you will be able to change the display name below the link list. This will change your navigation menu to the new page name.

• Edit Page Link

• With the link selected, click Edit Link below the link list.

When the small window opens, click Browse to locate the newly named page.

4. Once you have renamed the page and updated the link, publish your website for the updates to be live.

4 Messages

• 

152 Points

8 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I cannot get my pages to link/what am I doing wrong?.

My pages do not open properly. Please advise

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Beth2695, you need to edit the navigation to point to the correct pages. Current your links all go to URLs of either your home page or homestead. Use the browse button when editing the link and select the page from your site to link to.

4 Messages

• 

152 Points

Stupid question but what and where is the browser button

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

After you hit the edit link button. You can see it in Step 3 in the official response at the top of the page.

4 Messages

• 

152 Points

I got all the pages but the home page to work. When I highlight the nav bar them go to links, I do not see that file so do I do that one to http//lizartcollections.com?

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

That will work, but in the page list, your home page is called index, so you can also do it that way.

3 Messages

• 

172 Points

8 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled why is home page showing up on another page????.

The "home" page shows up on the "prices" page in public view. The price page shows up correctly in sitebuilder.

2 Messages

• 

142 Points

8 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled one page won't update on the website.

The rest of my website updates but for some reason one page will not when I publish. Everything looks the same on all pages.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Jim6749, You edited the page vissionmission, but the menu takes you to a page name testimonails. Edit the link and point it to the right page. It is published

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

8 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled adding new page to site navigation menu.

How do I add a new page that I created to my site navigation menu?

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

8 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I edited and published a page, but not get this message when trying to access it:....

4 Messages

• 

172 Points

8 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled links not working.

I somehow broke my website today. I added a page and renamed some of the links on the site navigation menu settings and now when you go to my website and click on a menu title you get the error "Page Not Found." Help! I checked the link file names in the menu settings and they all seem right. I am very new to this so I'm not sure if what I am looking at is correct or not. Any advice is welcome!
Brand User

1K Messages

• 

30K Points

Please take a moment and look at the article above in how to make edits to your navigation menu.

1 Message

• 

110 Points

8 years ago

All my pages keep going back to one page; I've checked the links and they're all correct (about is linked to the about page, etc.) but it keeps going back to the home page (all of them). What gives?

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

The menu seemed to work ok when I tried it. They took me to the linked pages. Try logging out, clearing cache and logging in again

7 Messages

• 

324 Points

8 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I want four pages to be part of my site, and I've hit Publish. I only see one whe....

I want four pages to be part of my site, and I've hit Publish. I only see one when I go on line to my website...What am i doi doing wrong or didn't do??

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

You need to add the links to your navigation menu.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

8 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled how do i edit a site navigation menu.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

8 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Link Help please - I messed up..

I must have messed up when I was changing the names of my page names, when I did the link I edited wrong. When I go online, it now shows the page wrong. Please help.
Brand User

1K Messages

• 

30K Points

Make sure to edit the links and get them the way you need, and then to publish your entire site

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

8 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled how do i remove a word in navigation menu.

I need to remove several words from navigation menu

3 Messages

• 

152 Points

8 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled how to rearrange page order? Using a template but prefer a different ordering of....

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

8 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Page is not being published.

I have made a change on one of my pages in Site Builder plus that is not publishing. I can see it in the preview page and it works correctly (it is a button that calls up a form). The page that appears after publishing shows up and works correctly. If I go to the site it says 'Page not Found' (I can be reached at 704 453 9636)

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Your link points to page04, but your page is called registration. Update the link and it should work.

8 Messages

• 

364 Points

7 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Gallery page on my website appears when I preview, but when I attempt to view on ....

My website is www.ua342.org and the page is Gallery. I added photos and can see them when I publish and preview the page, but if I go to the actual site there is only an error message.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Your Gallery link points to a page called gallery, but the page name you have is apparently photo-gallery. Please try updating the navigation link

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

7 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I checked my link, but the page still doesn't show up.

I've had this page up for awhile but out of the blue we're getting the error message, that the page doesn't exist or has been moved. Check my URL. I've checked my link, does the browse thing. When I preview the page in site builder it's there. Got the website for real, and the error message still shows up.
Brand User

1K Messages

• 

30K Points

If I am finding the correct issue, the problem is the navigation menu and selecting your Employee page. Be sure to select the page in the list and then publish your website.