homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Tuesday, September 8th, 2020 2:42 PM

Sitebuilder Plus: Edit Page Width/Length

Sitebuilder Plus: Edit Page Width/Length

Here are some instructions on adjusting the width and length of your webpges.

Adjusting the width on individual pages:

The default width of each page is 800 pixels. You can adjust the width of each page on your website in the options under Page Settings.

1. Click Websites Manager in the left navigation menu.

2. Click Edit Site.

3. Click Page Settings in the top toolbar and go to the Background, Links, Footer tab. Adjust the page width for this page only.

4. Once you have edited the page width, Save and Publish your website.

Adjusting the width for all pages at once:

1. Login to your website account.

2. Click Websites Manager link in the left navigation menu.

3. Click Edit Site.

4. Click on the heading icon in the top toolbar.

5. Click Page Settings.

6. Change the page width. When you've finished changing the width, Save and Publish your website.

Adjusting the length of a webpage:

The length of your page is determined automatically based on the size and position of all the objects on your page.

• To make your page shorter, find the element at the bottom of your page, and drag it up with your mouse.
    • To make your page longer, find the bottom element and drag it down.

Tip: There's technically no limit to the length and width your page can be, although for design and usability purposes, you should avoid making your pages too wide or too long. 

Hope that helps!

36 Messages

• 

1.6K Points

4 years ago

Now I am not sure

Which one is the best?

Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Hello,

The standard size for most sites is the 1200 but it can be adjusted for personal preference. 

2 Messages

• 

244 Points

Would changing page size help with reading clearly without overlapping fields?

Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Hello,

I would need to take a look, what website is this on that the fields are overlapping?

3 Messages

• 

90 Points

3 years ago

Thank you for that information. Earlier I had Accidentally delete the individual tabs to the left like Home, About Us and Contact Us. And with trying to get it back I inadvertently somehow changed the width of the page. Can somebody explain to me how to put those individual tabs back or do I need to choose a different design and start over from scratch?

Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

No problem, to add the navigation menu back go to insert, more, site navigation menu, use an existing set navigation menu, then hit ok. 

2 Messages

• 

80 Points

3 years ago

This is an outdated article. How do we change website width with the new web editor?