homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Wednesday, October 17th, 2012 2:10 AM

Sitebuilder Plus: Downloadable Files

Sitebuilder Plus: Downloadable Files
Here are instructions to add a downloadable file to your website.

1. Click Websites Manager in the left navigation menu. Then, click Edit Site.

2. Click Insert button in the top toolbar, select More from the drop-down menu, and click on File.

3. Choose Upload from Computer and locate the file on your computer or browse your file manager if you have already uploaded it.

4. On the right, in File Settings customize the Link Text and Icon of the file.

5. Drag the file to where you would like it on your webpage.

6. Save and Publish your website to see the downloadable file on your website.

1 Message

• 

110 Points

11 years ago

gimana nih kk katanya error pas upload format php ??

120 Messages

• 

40K Points

Hi freedomaintwo3772,

No other language/scripts are supported by our servers other than html and javascript. Php and other languages will not work with our service.

Thank you,
Ehsan

2 Messages

• 

160 Points

11 years ago

I guess my real question was more of how do I POINT a file (PDF) to my "domain?"
I don't want the file on a page. I want to post the "link" to my Biz FB page pointing one to my domain but NOT any particular page.

120 Messages

• 

40K Points

Hi Carlos3296,

Unfortunately, what you're asking is not possible. The domain has to be associated with at least one page which needs to be named index.

What I'd recommend doing is taking a screenshot of your PDF and adding it as an image to your home page.

If it's a large file and you'd prefer to not add it as a screenshot (image) or by adding the content of the PDF to the page, then you may just want leave the entire index (home) page blank and have just a link to open/view or download the PDF.

Hope this helps, thanks.

Ehsan

1 Message

• 

112 Points

11 years ago

Add a price sheet to our website for our dealers, in an excel format, but I would like to have it accessed by a password, only. Possible? Thanks

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Add a price sheet, in an excel format.

120 Messages

• 

40K Points

Hi mark5840,

I'd suggest password protecting the excel file before uploading it that way you can give the password to whoever you want.

If you just upload the document without a password, the only way to password protect it would be to put a password on that specific page.

*Anyone with the specific url to that file would be able to download it

Thanks,
Ehsan

1 Message

• 

112 Points

11 years ago

Can I upload a PDF file to my site and make it easily printable for customers?.

1 Message

• 

112 Points

11 years ago

I would like to put a coupon on my site for a free oil change so my customers can print them off

Is there a way i can put a printable coupon on one of the pages on my site so my customers can use it.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

11 years ago

how do I insert a PDF file into my website.

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

You can create a link to a pdf document as shown in this thread, but a pdf file is not a website compatible file format, so it would have to be converted or saved as another format. Depending on the size and how many pages you might consider changing it to an image file and then just import the image.

If this post helps, please give a "Star" and complete this survey to rate me.

Thanks!

Mike

8 Messages

• 

366 Points

11 years ago

Can I include a digital brochure , to click on and open, on one of my product pages?.

3 Messages

• 

192 Points

11 years ago

PDF files.

Can I upload some PDF files to my website?

Tell me how?

5 Messages

• 

166 Points

11 years ago

How to upload a form for viewers to fill in and then print for mailing?.

Viewers must "click here to view form"

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

11 years ago

How can I insert/import a sound file without the player (like Sitebuilder did)?.

I need to insert a sound file (mp3) that people can right-click on and save to their desktops as a file. I don't want automatic playing or a player. Just text with the audio file name and perhaps an audio symbol.

I've seen the checkbox for hide player and play automatically, but these don't seem to have an effect. With Hide player checked, it still shows. With the play automatically button UNchecked it still starts automaticlly when i navigate to the page. Please advise

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

You can use the method here, or if you just want an ordinary text link, you can upload the file directly into the file manager and create a normal text link to the file. You could even add an image to the page and create a link from the image.

Mike

6 Messages

• 

214 Points

Hi Paul,

Wondered if this worked for you? I need to do the same, for airplay submission purposes. Would love to hear from you, thanks.

- Suz.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Hi Suzanne9528,

What exactly do you want to do? Maybe we can offer some suggestions.

Drew

6 Messages

• 

214 Points

Hi, thanks.

To provide songs to some radio stations, they require a link to a file on my site, per these instructions as provided by 2 different stations:

"Also, all music must be in mp3 format, and must be available for download via a link (Dropbox, Google Drive, Soundcloud, Reverbnation, etc)."

"you may direct us to a .wav format download of your music"

- Suzanne.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

If you aren't playing it from your site, you can simply upload the song via the file manager and publish it. The link you would provide them would be http://www.yourdomain/mediafilename.mp3

Drew

2 Messages

• 

134 Points

11 years ago

How do I add a printable sales coupon to my site.

I would like to add a printable discount coupon to my site so that a potential customer may take advantage of some of my sales.

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

You'll want to save the coupon as an image file or a pdf, then you can create a standard link to the image file or the pdf file. 

3 Messages

• 

152 Points

10 years ago

I'm trying to follow the instructions, but I don't see an "insert" button on the toolbar. The icons there are: save, publish, preview, new page, open, delete, page info, tutorial, and help on the top bar, and add image, add text, add gallery, add forms, delete selection, and additional features on the bottom bar. Thanks for any assistance you can give.

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Since your account has not been converted to the SiteBuilder Plus, you won't see that option. You can add an ordinary text box,or a rectangle, or any type of button to the page, and then just create a standard hyperlink to that file.

Or if you want we can convert your account to the Plus version.

Mike

4 Messages

• 

410 Points

10 years ago

I have a pdf fillable form that I'm trying to DOWNLOAD to visitors computers. I followed all of your instructions and am able to download the file from another browser window however, the downloaded file will not open from my computer. I get the following message: "Acrobat could not open "file name" because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged (for example, it was sent as an email attachment and wasn't correctly decoded). To create an Adobe pdf document, go to the source application. Then print the document to Adobe pdf.

All I want to do, is have the file downloaded to the computer and not open in another browser window. I can open the source file on my computer, but can't figure out how to make site builder just download the darn thing. HELP!!

2 Messages

• 

328 Points

You have to use code to create a link to download instead of open.  The place I go to is w3schools, where they provide the basic code and allow you to test it there: http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tryit.asp?filename=tryhtml5_a_download

4 Messages

• 

410 Points

10 years ago

Hi Drew,
Here’s the original comment to Homestead: I have a pdf fillable form that I'm trying to DOWNLOAD to visitors computers. I followed all of your instructions and am able to download the file from another browser window however, the downloaded file will not open from my computer. I get the following message: "Acrobat could not open "file name" because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged (for example, it was sent as an email attachment and wasn't correctly decoded). To create an Adobe pdf document, go to the source application. Then print the document to Adobe pdf.

All I want to do, is have the file downloaded to the computer and not open in another browser window. I can open the source file on my computer, but can't figure out how to make site builder just download the darn thing. HELP!!

I think I’ve fixed the problem in my Acrobat file, but it would be nice to know how to do this right off the bat than to go through all the nonsense I’ve been doing.

Victoria

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

I see, unfortunately this is not a Sitebuilder issue. How each visitor's computer handles a pdf file is not something you should decide for them. It will depend on their configuration. If they have the Acrobat reader plugin installed on their browser then it will, by default open in a browser window. The only thing you could do is to use text to describe how to right click and save the file.

If you do this then you should try it yourself and describe the steps for each browser, as they are slightly different in wording.

Drew

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

10 years ago

Posting a pdf to my home page?How do I post a readable pdf on our home/index page?.

We have a pdf of our newsleter which we would like to post to our home page so that members could log on and read it?