homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Wednesday, October 17th, 2012 2:10 AM

Sitebuilder Plus: Downloadable Files

Sitebuilder Plus: Downloadable Files
Here are instructions to add a downloadable file to your website.

1. Click Websites Manager in the left navigation menu. Then, click Edit Site.

2. Click Insert button in the top toolbar, select More from the drop-down menu, and click on File.

3. Choose Upload from Computer and locate the file on your computer or browse your file manager if you have already uploaded it.

4. On the right, in File Settings customize the Link Text and Icon of the file.

5. Drag the file to where you would like it on your webpage.

6. Save and Publish your website to see the downloadable file on your website.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

10 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
how do I add a word application to my page.

I know how to add a page, but I want to add a rental application for people to download and print.  I can't figure out how to do it.  Help!!

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

ba8850,

This thread shows how to link to a file for download. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Mike

4 Messages

• 

176 Points

10 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Is there a way to attach a word document to my page? It will be 3-4 pages long..

I want to give an example on the written reports I do and they are about 4 pages long. Can I attach it to my page?

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

kbrawley4024,

You could either copy the contents of the Word doc and actually add it to a web page, or if you follow the steps in this thread, you can create a link to the Word doc so your visitors actually download a copy of the Word doc.

Mike

4 Messages

• 

176 Points

ty again.. You are really helpful!

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

You're welcome.  Glad to hear Mike was able to help.

1 Message

• 

110 Points

10 years ago

Good answer. Thx

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

You're welcome

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I need to add a PDF file to my website. How do I do that?.

129 Messages

• 

18.9K Points

Please see the above article about adding a file to your site. This would be how to upload the PDF to the website.

3 Messages

• 

164 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Slideshow upload.

Uploading a slideshow made in iPhoto on a Mac. I've tried using Insert-YouTube-Video and Audio. It says it won't even go into iPhoto. Should the slideshow be made another way?

129 Messages

• 

18.9K Points

Try uploading the slideshow as a file outlined above. 

6 Messages

• 

204 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled can i download a pdf file to my web site?.

129 Messages

• 

18.9K Points

Hello,

Please see the above article to add a PDF file.

4 Messages

• 

186 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I have a PDF form I need to upload as a send to document how do I get the form on....

129 Messages

• 

18.9K Points

Hello,

You would att the PDF to your site as a file shown above.

3 Messages

• 

152 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How do I insert a PDF document, please. Thanks for your help.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled The use of .PDF files.

Why did you remove the use of .PDF files for our web sites? Or is there a way to apply them to a web page?
Brand User

1K Messages

• 

30K Points

Above you can find a helpful article for uploading .PDF files. If you want to link your .PDF, here's a separate article to check out:
https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/how_to_allow_a_pdf_file_to_open_in_a_new_browser_wi...

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

8 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled how do I add pdf attachments? I am computer illiterate.

help me upload pdf attachemnts. im computer illiterate

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Here is one way to do it.

4 Messages

• 

172 Points

6 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled how do i import a pdf.

I have a PDF on my desktop that I want to put on a web page

1 Message

• 

110 Points

6 years ago

How do I create a standard link to the pdf file??

2 Messages

• 

160 Points

4 years ago

I notice these instructions seem to be out of date on my browser. I don't get that screen and there doesn't seem to be an 'insert' button anywhere else. Is it still possible to make a video available for download?

Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Hello,

If you do not see these tools you may be utilizing a site in the new editor, WebsiteBuilder. To add a downloadable video with this software, go to element, files, document, upload files. You can add the video here and it will be available for download.