homestead_faq's profileBrand User

675 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Mon, Jul 13, 2015 4:01 PM

Sitebuilder Plus: Downloadable Archive

Sitebuilder Plus: Downloadable Archive

You can create an archive of your site and download it to your computer for backup purposes. The process is simple.

1. Log in to your account at http://www.homestead.com
  2. Click on Websites Manager.(If you have multiple sites, select the one you wish to archive from the drop-down)
  3. Under the Edit site button, click on "More" Then click on Create new site archive file.

4. When the archive has completed(time depends on site size), a Download site archive link will appear under the More link in Websites manager(a refresh of the page may be required) Click this link to download the site and save it to your desired location on your local drive.

5. The archive file is unencrypted and can be opened using an easily obtained program, like 7zip, gzip, or Winrar.
  6. If you have a need to restore some files, you may extract the archive onto your computer and use Sitebuilder Plus' file manager to upload the files. Once uploaded you will need to publish as usual to make the files live. At the time, pages can not be restored. Only images, and other miscellaneous files.

Important Note: Only 1 copy of the archive will be stored on our server. When you create a new archive the old one will be overwritten. After creating a new archive, you should download the archive and save it to your computer. You may save as many archives to your computer as you like, just be sure to keep multiple site versions well marked so you know which you might want to restore.

4 Messages

• 

150 Points

1 year ago

Thanks very much. I'll try that.

4 Messages

• 

150 Points

1 year ago

That was really easy, thanks for taking the time to reply

Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

No problem, you're welcome. :)

2 Messages

• 

70 Points

1 year ago

I do not have an option on my dropdown to "Create Downloadable Archive File".

Brand User

6.4K Messages

• 

105.8K Points

Hello, 

These instructions are for websites built on Sitebuilder Plus, as it uses a File Manager. There is not an archive option for WebsiteBuilder sites, which is the platform you're using. 

2 Messages

• 

70 Points

Thanks for the reply. How can I download the images off of my site then?

Brand User

6.4K Messages

• 

105.8K Points

The only way would be to go to your live site to right-click and download them; however, only images in an image gallery can be right-clicked. So, you could add any images you wish to download to an image gallery and publish it. Then, download the images from that gallery on the published site.