Sitebuilder Plus: Downloadable Archive
You can create an archive of your site and download it to your computer for backup purposes. The process is simple.
- Log in to your account at http://www.homestead.com
- Click on Websites Manager.(If you have multiple sites, select the one you wish to archive from the drop-down)
- Under the Edit site button, click on "More" Then click on Create new site archive file.
- When the archive has completed(time depends on site size), a Download site archive link will appear under the More link in Websites manager(a refresh of the page may be required) Click this link to download the site and save it to your desired location on your local drive.
- The archive file is unencrypted and can be opened using an easily obtained program, like 7zip, gzip, or Winrar.
- If you have a need to restore some files, you may extract the archive onto your computer and use Sitebuilder Plus' file manager to upload the files. Once uploaded you will need to publish as usual to make the files live. At the time, pages can not be restored. Only images, and other miscellaneous files.
Important Note: Only 1 copy of the archive will be stored on our server. When you create a new archive the old one will be overwritten. After creating a new archive, you should download the archive and save it to your computer. You may save as many archives to your computer as you like, just be sure to keep multiple site versions well marked so you know which you might want to restore.