homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Wednesday, October 17th, 2012 2:19 AM

Sitebuilder Plus: Custom Form

Sitebuilder Plus: Custom Form
Here is information to create a custom form.
  1. Click Websites Manager in the left navigation menu. Then, click Edit Site.

3. Click Insert in the top toolbar, select More from the drop-down menu, and choose Build a Custom Form.

4. Form Options
    • Checkbox: Ideal when you want your visitors to be able to choose multiple answers to a particular question, or even if you have a single option, such as joining a mailing list or agreeing to a document.

• Drop-down Menu: If you have a long list of options, and you want your visitors to choose only one from the list use Drop-down Menu. The menu will only show the selected option at first, but clicking the menu open will show all of the available options in the list.

• Listbox: A good choice when you want your visitors to select one option from a choice of options, and you want them to be able to see all of their options. Listbox is automatically sized according to the length of the list, and is a good choice if you have limited room on your web page.

• Multiple Line Textbox: This is the best choice when you want people to be able to submit large pieces of text through your web page. It's the essay question section of your form.

• One Line Textbox: This is a good choice when you want your visitors to submit small pieces of information, such as a name, zip code, or email address.

• Option Buttons: Best used when you want your visitors to select only one option from a choice of two or more options. The best example is Yes or No.

• Reset Button: Allows visitors to clear all of the fields in the form and start again from scratch.

• Submit Button: Probably the most important, because it allows your visitors to send the information in their completed form to you. You can choose to have the information sent directly to your email address, saved as a text file in the Form Manager of your website account, or both!

All of our Form Elements can be combined to build the type of form you need, because each Form Element serves a specific function. You can easily place the Elements on your webpage to build the perfect form for your needs!

5. Save and Publish to see the custom form on your website.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

8 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How do I insert a new form.

1 Message

• 

130 Points

8 years ago

I haven't found answers to 2 problems regarding custom contact forms:
I've created the form; fixed the layout but
in trying to use tabs for navigation (& I carefully set the tabindex for each empty box) - it doesn't recognize the check boxes that also have tabindex set. For example, tabindex 30 is a "fill in the box" single line text box; 31-34 are check boxes; 35 is another fill-in. Tab goes from 30 to 35.
Also, I needed labels for the fill-ins and the check boxes and the drop-downs So I used a single line text box but I can't lock the contents of those boxes so my monkeys are typing over the label and complaining that I have 2 input boxes for the same info and they have to use the mouse to get to the one that has typing in it (my label box because I didn't set tabindex for those).
I too would like to see Captcha option.

6 Messages

• 

252 Points

8 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Change Form Title.

I would like to use the "Request Info" for, but change the title to "Prayer Request". Can I do this without creating a new form? If not, is there a how-to on creating a form with multiple fields, send button, etc.?

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

CDL Monastery, Unfortunately, you are not able to change the pre-made forms, but this topic describes how to create a custom form.

22 Messages

• 

440 Points

8 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled how to create fields in an order form.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

8 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How to set up a short questonaire?.

Simple  4 or 5 questions. Yes NO

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Carolyn9060, You can create a custom form. You can use the check box or drop down options for Yes/No

3 Messages

• 

144 Points

8 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Can I get the old style "Contact Us" form?.

I want more choices on creating my own form, in particular, I want to do an online Job Application that will go directly to my email address. The new "Contact Us" form is useless for this. I want to add a bunch of text message boxes that will all accumulate into one email I receive once submitted.

6 Messages

• 

212 Points

7 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled how can I insert a registration for bible school that will go directly to the chu....

please email me at pjrbar@charter.net with the answer

4 Messages

• 

214 Points

7 years ago

my website manager doesn't look like whatsin the photo explanation and does not have those features in order to follow those instructions. why is that?

4 Messages

• 

214 Points

7 years ago

I can not Click Insert in the top toolbar to select More from the drop-down menu, in order to choose Build a Custom Form because i dont see that feature anywhere.

4 Messages

• 

214 Points

7 years ago

need help

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

pedro3969, You are using Websitebuilder. You would click on the elements tab on the left. Then on contact and contact form. You can manager form fields from the properties editor on the page.

1 Message

• 

110 Points

Is there a way to change the question type from short answer to a multiple choice, dropdown, etc. on the new WebsiteBuilder?
Brand User

1K Messages

• 

30K Points

There is not a way to add a multiple choice option. The form with WebsiteBuilder is somewhat basic, but we might see some changes in the future as the builder becomes more polished.

29 Messages

• 

1.7K Points

6 years ago

Drew,

Why is nobody addressing the problem of the "Site Error" message that is preventing us from using Sitebuilder?

This problem is nearly a day old and there has been no communication from Tech Support at all during this period.

Do you realise we are effectively paralysed and cannot upload files or update our
sites ... this is badly effecting business and customer service.

What is the problem?

When will it be fixed?

Why are you not communicating with us ... which is making the whole situation many times worse?

Regards

Steve

9 Messages

• 

366 Points

6 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Is there a way to provide an auto-response when someone sends a message through t....
Brand User

1K Messages

• 

30K Points

You can set up a thank you page if you create a custom form, and you can leave an auto-reply with your email to respond back after the form has been created.

5 Messages

• 

280 Points

5 years ago

Is there a way to make a form with a drop down option because i cant add one on the homestead cloud???
Brand User

7.6K Messages

• 

106.7K Points

Hello Gregory,

WebsiteBuilder does not have an option built in for a drop down option on contact forms. You can use a custom form builder like JotForm and add that to your website.

4 Messages

• 

232 Points

2 years ago

Is it possible to create a form that allows people to upload a document, like a resume? 

Brand User

10.9K Messages

• 

143.9K Points

Hello, 

This is not a functionality that we have available with our forms. You would need to use a 3rd party form generator and place it on your website via HTML.