homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Wednesday, October 17th, 2012 2:19 AM

Sitebuilder Plus: Custom Form

Sitebuilder Plus: Custom Form
Here is information to create a custom form.
  1. Click Websites Manager in the left navigation menu. Then, click Edit Site.

3. Click Insert in the top toolbar, select More from the drop-down menu, and choose Build a Custom Form.

4. Form Options
    • Checkbox: Ideal when you want your visitors to be able to choose multiple answers to a particular question, or even if you have a single option, such as joining a mailing list or agreeing to a document.

• Drop-down Menu: If you have a long list of options, and you want your visitors to choose only one from the list use Drop-down Menu. The menu will only show the selected option at first, but clicking the menu open will show all of the available options in the list.

• Listbox: A good choice when you want your visitors to select one option from a choice of options, and you want them to be able to see all of their options. Listbox is automatically sized according to the length of the list, and is a good choice if you have limited room on your web page.

• Multiple Line Textbox: This is the best choice when you want people to be able to submit large pieces of text through your web page. It's the essay question section of your form.

• One Line Textbox: This is a good choice when you want your visitors to submit small pieces of information, such as a name, zip code, or email address.

• Option Buttons: Best used when you want your visitors to select only one option from a choice of two or more options. The best example is Yes or No.

• Reset Button: Allows visitors to clear all of the fields in the form and start again from scratch.

• Submit Button: Probably the most important, because it allows your visitors to send the information in their completed form to you. You can choose to have the information sent directly to your email address, saved as a text file in the Form Manager of your website account, or both!

All of our Form Elements can be combined to build the type of form you need, because each Form Element serves a specific function. You can easily place the Elements on your webpage to build the perfect form for your needs!

5. Save and Publish to see the custom form on your website.

24 Messages

• 

464 Points

10 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How to build a form in a template.

I need to re-create a customer inquiry form used on a page of my existing website, by re-creating it from scratch on a new website template under construction. I don't know any website code, like html. How do I build this form into a page to use when my new website goes live?

11 Messages

• 

354 Points

10 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled how do you set up pages for online enrollment?.

I am trying to add pages to my website so parents can complete online enrollment for childcare services. How can I do this?

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Hi Alan0144,

You can create a form that will be sent to your email address.

Drew

2 Messages

• 

140 Points

10 years ago

Why can't homestead offer a customizable contact form that is easy to work with?! I'm trying to create mine and I'm failing big time; however, homestead still takes every month, even I'm not happy.

6 Messages

• 

312 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Is is possible to add a link to my infographic that goes to an email list opt in?....

Is is possible to add a link to my infographic that goes to an email list opt in?Or would that link have to be on the webpage next to the infographic in order for it to work?

129 Messages

• 

18.9K Points

Hello Anne8585,

You would need to link the info graphic it to a page with a custom form asking for the email address. Please see the article above for more info on how to create a custom form. 

3 Messages

• 

162 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Opt in button.

How can we add in an opt in button, in which visitors give their contact information, in exchange for a free article?

129 Messages

• 

18.9K Points

Helen2004,

You would want to create a custom form. Please see the article above about how to create one.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Employee application.

Can I make changes to the generic employment application?

129 Messages

• 

18.9K Points

Hello Linda,

I looks like your form is a custom form. To add any additional elements or make changes, see the guide above. 

8 Messages

• 

262 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled how do I add a new checkbox?.

6 Messages

• 

262 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled how did you hear about us.

How might I create a "How did you hear about us" questionnaire? for example, if someone tries to request for a quote that this would be a required field* in order for them to submit the request.

4 Messages

• 

162 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Why can't applicants can't fill out my application form..

On our website avingerwinefestival.com  vendor applications can't be filled out. How do I fix this?

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

You need to create a custom form using the form elements as described in this topic.

16 Messages

• 

826 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled i need to add a drop down box to offer scent choice and size choice on one of my ....

I need to offer a drop down for scent choice and one for size choice on one of my pages

129 Messages

• 

18.9K Points

Hello,

You can add a couple drop down elements from the custom forms as shown in the article above. 

9 Messages

• 

320 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled how to include a questionnaire.

how to includea form or questionnaire

129 Messages

• 

18.9K Points

Hello,

You can create a custom form as shown in the article above.

3 Messages

• 

164 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled add details to contact button.

129 Messages

• 

18.9K Points

The contact us button can not customized. If you need to request custom information, you would need to create a custom form as shown in the guide above.

4 Messages

• 

172 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled how do i create forms.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How can insert an application page?.

I want to visitors to my site to have the option to apply for a job. I would like more information on how to add a page for them to submit an application.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

You can use a custom form, just remember that they are not encrypted, so you don't want to ask for any sensitive information, like social security number, or maybe even a home address. There are 3rd party form that can be secure. If you need that, you can do a Google search

11 Messages

• 

534 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Not Requiring a Phone Number.

In my request information box, I would like to make it so people do not Have to enter their phone number. Is it possible to make the phone number not required or is my only option to create a box?