Sitebuilder Plus: Custom Form
Here is information to create a custom form.
- Click Websites Manager in the left navigation menu. Then, click Edit Site.
- Click Insert in the top toolbar, select More from the drop-down menu, and choose Build a Custom Form.
- Checkbox: Ideal when you want your visitors to be able to choose multiple answers to a particular question, or even if you have a single option, such as joining a mailing list or agreeing to a document.
- Drop-down Menu: If you have a long list of options, and you want your visitors to choose only one from the list use Drop-down Menu. The menu will only show the selected option at first, but clicking the menu open will show all of the available options in the list.
- Listbox: A good choice when you want your visitors to select one option from a choice of options, and you want them to be able to see all of their options. Listbox is automatically sized according to the length of the list, and is a good choice if you have limited room on your web page.
- Multiple Line Textbox: This is the best choice when you want people to be able to submit large pieces of text through your web page. It's the essay question section of your form.
- One Line Textbox: This is a good choice when you want your visitors to submit small pieces of information, such as a name, zip code, or email address.
- Option Buttons: Best used when you want your visitors to select only one option from a choice of two or more options. The best example is Yes or No.
- Reset Button: Allows visitors to clear all of the fields in the form and start again from scratch.
- Submit Button: Probably the most important, because it allows your visitors to send the information in their completed form to you. You can choose to have the information sent directly to your email address, saved as a text file in the Form Manager of your website account, or both!
- Save and Publish to see the custom form on your website.
All of our Form Elements can be combined to build the type of form you need, because each Form Element serves a specific function. You can easily place the Elements on your webpage to build the perfect form for your needs!