homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Wednesday, October 17th, 2012 2:19 AM

Sitebuilder Plus: Custom Form

Sitebuilder Plus: Custom Form
Here is information to create a custom form.
  1. Click Websites Manager in the left navigation menu. Then, click Edit Site.

3. Click Insert in the top toolbar, select More from the drop-down menu, and choose Build a Custom Form.

4. Form Options
    • Checkbox: Ideal when you want your visitors to be able to choose multiple answers to a particular question, or even if you have a single option, such as joining a mailing list or agreeing to a document.

• Drop-down Menu: If you have a long list of options, and you want your visitors to choose only one from the list use Drop-down Menu. The menu will only show the selected option at first, but clicking the menu open will show all of the available options in the list.

• Listbox: A good choice when you want your visitors to select one option from a choice of options, and you want them to be able to see all of their options. Listbox is automatically sized according to the length of the list, and is a good choice if you have limited room on your web page.

• Multiple Line Textbox: This is the best choice when you want people to be able to submit large pieces of text through your web page. It's the essay question section of your form.

• One Line Textbox: This is a good choice when you want your visitors to submit small pieces of information, such as a name, zip code, or email address.

• Option Buttons: Best used when you want your visitors to select only one option from a choice of two or more options. The best example is Yes or No.

• Reset Button: Allows visitors to clear all of the fields in the form and start again from scratch.

• Submit Button: Probably the most important, because it allows your visitors to send the information in their completed form to you. You can choose to have the information sent directly to your email address, saved as a text file in the Form Manager of your website account, or both!

All of our Form Elements can be combined to build the type of form you need, because each Form Element serves a specific function. You can easily place the Elements on your webpage to build the perfect form for your needs!

5. Save and Publish to see the custom form on your website.

7 Messages

• 

206 Points

10 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
I would like a way to collect emails from customers who visit my site by offering a percentage off or other incentive. How can I do that?.

How can I collect email data to use for multiple reasons?

7 Messages

• 

206 Points

10 years ago

My question was merged with this one...Will the request for email form, once completed, pop up as soon as customers go to my site?

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

You can place a form on any or all pages, anywhere you wish on the page. We don't have a way to pop up an form. You might be able to find a 3rd party program to build such a thing. It just has to provide you with HTML code.

Drew

7 Messages

• 

206 Points

Drew, are you aware of a 3rd party program that does that?

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Unfortunately I am not. One of the more popular form builders is Jotform. But I don't know if they can do this or not.

Drew

7 Messages

• 

206 Points

Thanks.

8 Messages

• 

564 Points

10 years ago

can I create a sign up page for the information to go to my email.

I need a signup page that sends the information entered
to my email

8 Messages

• 

326 Points

10 years ago

how can I collect information from customers?.

For example, if I want to collect email addresses, how do I do that?

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

You can use the form tolls as shown above, but we strongly encourage you to follow ICANN's guidelines shown here: http://www.business.ftc.gov/documents...

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

10 years ago

32 Messages

• 

830 Points

10 years ago

Does Homestead offer online database for customers to sign up?.

I want customers to be able to sign up for coupons & specials.

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

There could be numerous ways to do something like this, but for the signup process it is probably easiest to use the custom form building tool as shown above.

Mike

32 Messages

• 

830 Points

I have used the Custom form many times - & it works well. Let me restate my question: When the customers name & email is captured - can it go directly into a database, for future mailings? Hope this is clear. Thanks!

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Yes. Take a look at this page: https://community.homestead.com/homes...

Keep in mind it is important to know that this is not intended to be used for email marketing purposes. If you use this list you need to be sure you are compliant with the anti-spam guidelines and your customers are aware of why you are collecting their information.

Mike

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

10 years ago

How to add certain things to website.

I want to ad an option for people to sign up for text alerts or email alerts of specials and such.
I'm also wanting to know how to ad a pop up asking if they are 18 and over. can someone help with this?

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

halfpintcandy1415, This page shows you how to create a custom form to collect information which can be used for things like signups, etc.

As far as creating a pop-up, window the SiteBuilder does not have a feature that specific. Also, most web browsers and security software not tends to block pop-ups so it may be better just to put the text right on the page, with an "I agree" button, or checkbox on the page. It could actually be incorporated right into the custom form.

If this post helps, please give a "Star" and complete this survey to rate me.

Thanks!

Mike

4 Messages

• 

194 Points

10 years ago

HOW DO I CREATE A CHECHED BOX.

HOW DO I CREATE A CHECKED BOX ON MY SITE

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

You can create a custom form and add several types of input options, including check boxes.

Drew

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

10 years ago

How can I include a database manager.

I am trying to add a database manager or an email catcher for those who would like to be on a list

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

See if this will do what you want.

3 Messages

• 

152 Points

10 years ago

Shopping Bag or Cart Capabilities?.

I'm build a site to support my delivery service. I want my customers to be able to select the items them want from my site and place in a shopping bag or cart. Since I operate on a cash basis, customers do not pay until I deliver the goods. They would use the bag or cart to simply select the items they want delivered, not pay for the goods. By having this feature, it would be easier for me to assemble the order prior to delivery. Is such a tool available on Homestead?

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

greenacresdelivery2091,

My suggestion would be to use the custom forms as long as you don't collect anything secure like credit card numbers.

Mike

4 Messages

• 

172 Points

10 years ago

Survey.

How do I add a short survey to by website that readers can complete and send back to me?

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Stephen2664,

The custom form tools will generally work well for this. See the instructions above.

Mike

4 Messages

• 

162 Points

10 years ago

Why can't my application form be filled out on line?.

Vendors will go to the application form page and not be able to fill it out. The 'buy this item' icon works but not the form.

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Ronnie8693,

The application/agreement that you put on the page is just normal text
so it's not interactive and can't capture information.  If you want the
form to be completed online, you'll need to rebuild it using the custom form elements as shown in this topic.

Mike

3 Messages

• 

152 Points

10 years ago

How do I create a registration form (for a class)?.

3 Messages

• 

152 Points

10 years ago

How do I create a registration form (for a class)?.

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Follow the steps in this thread. Let us know if you have any questions. 

Mike

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

10 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled One Line Text Box.

How do I create a one line text box for an application

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

It sounds like you are probably looking for the custom form elements.  Follow the steps on this page. If this does not help, let us know which page you are working on and provide a little more detail explaining the issue. 

Mike