homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Wednesday, October 17th, 2012 2:19 AM

Sitebuilder Plus: Custom Form

Sitebuilder Plus: Custom Form
Here is information to create a custom form.
  1. Click Websites Manager in the left navigation menu. Then, click Edit Site.

3. Click Insert in the top toolbar, select More from the drop-down menu, and choose Build a Custom Form.

4. Form Options
    • Checkbox: Ideal when you want your visitors to be able to choose multiple answers to a particular question, or even if you have a single option, such as joining a mailing list or agreeing to a document.

• Drop-down Menu: If you have a long list of options, and you want your visitors to choose only one from the list use Drop-down Menu. The menu will only show the selected option at first, but clicking the menu open will show all of the available options in the list.

• Listbox: A good choice when you want your visitors to select one option from a choice of options, and you want them to be able to see all of their options. Listbox is automatically sized according to the length of the list, and is a good choice if you have limited room on your web page.

• Multiple Line Textbox: This is the best choice when you want people to be able to submit large pieces of text through your web page. It's the essay question section of your form.

• One Line Textbox: This is a good choice when you want your visitors to submit small pieces of information, such as a name, zip code, or email address.

• Option Buttons: Best used when you want your visitors to select only one option from a choice of two or more options. The best example is Yes or No.

• Reset Button: Allows visitors to clear all of the fields in the form and start again from scratch.

• Submit Button: Probably the most important, because it allows your visitors to send the information in their completed form to you. You can choose to have the information sent directly to your email address, saved as a text file in the Form Manager of your website account, or both!

All of our Form Elements can be combined to build the type of form you need, because each Form Element serves a specific function. You can easily place the Elements on your webpage to build the perfect form for your needs!

5. Save and Publish to see the custom form on your website.

3 Messages

• 

142 Points

11 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Schedule an appointment automatic link.

I added the Schedule an Appointment link to my website. I would like to make it so the only appointments offered are actually during office hours and I would love to change the name of it to "request an appointment". Suggestions?

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

You may want to create a custom form as shown in this thread. It's a little more work, but then you have full  control over everything.

3 Messages

• 

142 Points

Thanks Mike. I created the custom form.

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

You're welcome. Let us know if you have more questions.

Mike

3 Messages

• 

140 Points

Is there a custom form where a customer can fill out a short Q&A? The options I see are all selection-based rather than entry. The Contact Us form doesn't collect phone numbers.

2 Messages

• 

152 Points

11 years ago

Can I host a job application on my site?.

My site if for a home health agency and we are wanting to set the site up so potential employees can apply on the site. I can't figure out how to do it. Is this possible?

51 Messages

• 

1.7K Points

11 years ago

Contact page.

How can I add contact fields to this page
It was the contact page that came with your site design.
I need to add 10 fields

http://www.achairmassage.ca/Contact-U...

If I have to start from scratch where can I add the `Please type this phrase`

51 Messages

• 

1.7K Points

11 years ago

It only answers 3% of my answer

How can I add fields from the pre set contact page.

If I have to start from scratch where can I add the `Please type this phrase`

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

You will have to start from scratch with the customer form if you want additional fields. The custom form building tool does not have the option to add the challenge phrase.

51 Messages

• 

1.7K Points

How can I add the `Please type this phrase` the security code

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Unfortunately, the Captcha security code is not available on a custom form. Only on the pre made forms. On those forms it is a check box on the right side.

Drew

51 Messages

• 

1.7K Points

Can you direct me to some code we can enter to recreate the Captcha.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

I am not sure it can work on the custom form as the elements are all individual. I don't believe that code would be able to do the job. If this is important for you, then I would recommend a 3rd party form builder, like Jotform.com. I am not 100% sure they have it, but I believe they do, but there are other options as well.

Drew

51 Messages

• 

1.7K Points

11 years ago

I`ve spent the last 1 hour creating a Request A Quote however when I click the publish page it comes out black. WHY http://www.torontoonsitemassage.com/R...

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

11 years ago

This is what I see on the quote page. Is it not correct? It looks the same in Sitebuilder to me.

51 Messages

• 

1.7K Points

11 years ago

Thank you why is the page blank when I click the publish page?

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

I don't know. Did you clear your browser? What browser are you using? It looked great in IE10, Chrome and Firefox.

Drew

51 Messages

• 

1.7K Points

I'm using Chrome

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Is it the editor or the live site you are seeing blank?

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

11 years ago

Sports Website.

I need to be able to create interactive submittable forms and create schedules and register players. what do I need to do? Thank you.

4 Messages

• 

184 Points

11 years ago

My training forms are so jacked up..

I don't know what I am doing wrong. When the form gets sent to me from a client, I have double text. OR the text changes order as written. Or I don't see their answers at all. I am so frustrated. I don't know how to fix it. Is there directions on how to make a form?

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

See if this gets you a little further. If you are still stuck then let me know what page you are working on and I will take a look and see if I can offer a suggestion.

Thanks

Drew

9 Messages

• 

386 Points

11 years ago

Do you have a tutorial on how to build a custom form that creates a report that matches up logically to how the form is created?.

I am getting frustrated creating my form. Is there a simple explanation somewhere as to how to create a form so that the tabs go in order and the Report that comes from it makes logical sense? I feel like I'm playing with a puzzle that has a solution, but I have no idea how to solve it...

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

The data in the form elements will show up in the order that they were added to the page. Think of each form element as a piece of paper layered on your desk. If you need to change the order, you will right-click on the element and use the "send forward" or "send backwards" link to re-layer the elements.

As long as you add the elements in the order that they are to be completed, you won't have to re-layer them.

Mike

4 Messages

• 

254 Points

Unfortunately, if you ask for a Text file, the data comes ordered by the type of field.  Therefore, Multi-Line Text is ordered before any One-line text.  Not helpful if you want ti input based on the order of your form.

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Renato9511, Do you have a question, or can you further explain what you mean?  You stated "if you ask for a Text file".  What exactly are you referring to?  The custom forms can produce a text file and the order of the data is dependent on the order/layering of the fields as explained above.

Mike

9 Messages

• 

314 Points

11 years ago

In Simple Store can I add a detailed sign up form?.

I am a consultant for an online publishing company. I have a website provided by that company, and it includes an online digital scrapbooking studio where account holders create storybooks, posters, cards, canvases etc., with their pictures and stories. I find that when I get new clients they often don't activate the accounts I sign them up for, and I'm guessing the website is too overwhelming. I am making this Homestead website as a bridge between me (also my facebook pages) and the company website to slowly introduce the features of the company website as the clients are ready for them.

The company's creative studio is free and NECESSARY. I made a video to put on my Homestead website showing how to go to the company website and sign up, but I would also like to have a detailed sign up form on my Homestead site so I can enter the information for clients who aren't likely to go to the company's website.

How do I do that? I need to include first name, last name, address, phone and a terms and conditions checkbox.

9 Messages

• 

314 Points

I realized I could insert the html for a signup form from aWeber, and they will take over the autoresponses from that signup form. It's all good, I think!

Donna2316

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Great. Thanks for the follow up.

1 Message

• 

114 Points

11 years ago

Great conversations guys. Love them.

3 Messages

• 

174 Points

11 years ago

I would like to add an address line and a phone line to the form that comes up with the Contact Button.

I would like to have an idea of where people are living when they fill out the contact button. i would also like a phone number that i can call them but I can't figure out out it. I don't want an entire form on my page just one that comes up when they click on the contact buttonn.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

11 years ago

Q&A Response box on my website.

Can I add a "box" that has a series of questions that the client can fill in answers and then hit "submit" so that we receive this to work up their bid from?

5 Messages

• 

172 Points

10 years ago

Customizing a "contact us" button to include a required field for phone number.

All I want to do is add a box so that they need to enter in there phone number. I cannot figure out how to do this. Currently, prospective clients click on the button, then a form pops up that has

Name:

Email:

Subject:

Please type the code you see on the left.

I want to add phone number to this. Please help.

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

The pre-built forms are not customizable, but, you can create custom forms using the steps above.

5 Messages

• 

172 Points

So how would I create a custom form that includes a field for phone number, but appears on the web page simply as [Contact US]? I want them to click it the same way they do now, and have the exact thing happen but with a feild for phone number. Thanks

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

For that you would probably just want to use the "single line text box" as shown above and then a "submit" button.