homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Wednesday, October 17th, 2012 1:18 AM

Sitebuilder Plus: Create A Site Navigation Menu

Sitebuilder Plus: Create A Site Navigation Menu
The site navigation is what visitors use to go from one web page to another easily and quickly. It's a "global" element meaning that you can create the Site Navigation Menu once, and then add it to multiple pages without having to rebuild all of the links and details. Any change you make to that Site Navigation Menu on one of those pages will be applied to every page that the menu is on.

Here is how you can set up your navigation menu:

1. Click Websites Manager in the left navigation menu. Then, click Edit Site.

2. Click Insert in the top toolbar and select More from the drop-down menu. When the secondary drop-down menu appears, click Navigation Menu.

3. In the small window, Create a new Site Navigation Menu and click Ok.

4. Enter a name for your navigation menu or leave the default name in there and click Ok
  5. .

6. A placeholder box will appear on your page. To the right, in Site Navigation Menu Settings, there are editing tools available in the tabs.

• Basics Tab

• The Basics tab will allow you manipulate if you want your navigation menu to be horizontal or verticle

• Style Tab

• The Style tab allows you to customize how your links appears. You can make your links buttons, text, or even import your own images to use.

• Effects Tab

• The Effects tab allows you to create some different effects such as mouseovers and selected page colors to help make your navigation menu more appealing.

• Links Tab

• The Links tab is where you will setup you page link.

7. Click on the + sign to the right of Link List to add pages to the site navigation menu.

8. In the small window, select Existing Page or File and click Browse.

9. Select the page name that you want to link to. Then, click Ok and Ok again.

10. You'll now have Link1 in your link list. With that link selected, look below the link list and you can rename Link1 to something more relevant (like Home).

11. Repeat these steps to setup all your pages and links.

12. Once you are done setting up your navigation menu, click Save and Publish to see your changes on your live site. You can also copy and paste this menu to any of your other pages so every page is linked to the others.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I have published my website but only the home page is viewable. I created 4 page....

Only first page has been published, where are the other three pages?

3 Messages

• 

152 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled All pages not showing up.

After editing my site on Sat. Jan 31, 2015, only the home page comes up. The remaining 3 pages for my site will not open. What is wrong? Please fix it or tell me what to do.

6 Messages

• 

214 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled how do I set up a navigation page link.

129 Messages

• 

18.9K Points

dee dee2576,

Please see the above article for adding a navigation menu.

4 Messages

• 

232 Points

9 years ago

This Blog Post describes how to add a drop-down menu to your site:
http://dropdownmenugenerator.com/Blog.aspx?ID=20150218

59 Messages

• 

43.3K Points

Thank you for putting this together for Homestead users!

4 Messages

• 

194 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled help.

I have published my website but when I go to look at it online, it only brings up the home page. I also have a Photo page, which by the way I can only click and view all but 2 (wont enlarge?) and I also have a Services page. What am I doing wrong?

129 Messages

• 

18.9K Points

Jason1427,

You will need a navigation menu for customers to move between pages on your website. Please see the instructions above for steps on how to do so.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled how do I create navigation buttons.

I want to set navigation buttons on my home page to get to other pages on my website. How do I create them?

129 Messages

• 

18.9K Points

Hello,

Please see the above article for creating a navigation menu.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled if i create extra pages how can i view them from my website?.

from my home page i can only see that page, i need people to see my other pages.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

shawn8008,

You will need to add a site navigation menu.

3 Messages

• 

152 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How do I get from "Home page" to "about us" page and back?.

I have no Idea how the web surfer client can get from my "home page" to my "About Us Page" and then back again to Home page if they want to?
Nothing showing that I even have an About Us Page

129 Messages

• 

18.9K Points

Hello,

You would want to create a navigation menu that allows customers to move between the pages on the page. The article above will outline the steps to create one. 

5 Messages

• 

182 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled how to make subpages.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

s1745,

You need to create a navigation menu

5 Messages

• 

182 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled adding sub pages.

25 Messages

• 

762 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled how do i link my pages.

4 Messages

• 

172 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How do I add links to my page.

3 Messages

• 

162 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I've created a 2nd page but how do I make it available on my web site?.

I've created a 2nd pg but don't know how to make it available on my web site. Please help!

129 Messages

• 

18.9K Points

Hello,

You would create a link to that page using a navigation menu.

6 Messages

• 

284 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How Do I Link Pages using navigation?.

How Do I link pages Using navigation?

3 Messages

• 

174 Points

9 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled how do i link my pages together?.

How do I link my pages together so viewers can navigate my web site?