homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Wednesday, October 17th, 2012 1:18 AM

Sitebuilder Plus: Create A Site Navigation Menu

Sitebuilder Plus: Create A Site Navigation Menu
The site navigation is what visitors use to go from one web page to another easily and quickly. It's a "global" element meaning that you can create the Site Navigation Menu once, and then add it to multiple pages without having to rebuild all of the links and details. Any change you make to that Site Navigation Menu on one of those pages will be applied to every page that the menu is on.

Here is how you can set up your navigation menu:

1. Click Websites Manager in the left navigation menu. Then, click Edit Site.

2. Click Insert in the top toolbar and select More from the drop-down menu. When the secondary drop-down menu appears, click Navigation Menu.

3. In the small window, Create a new Site Navigation Menu and click Ok.

4. Enter a name for your navigation menu or leave the default name in there and click Ok
  5. .

6. A placeholder box will appear on your page. To the right, in Site Navigation Menu Settings, there are editing tools available in the tabs.

• Basics Tab

• The Basics tab will allow you manipulate if you want your navigation menu to be horizontal or verticle

• Style Tab

• The Style tab allows you to customize how your links appears. You can make your links buttons, text, or even import your own images to use.

• Effects Tab

• The Effects tab allows you to create some different effects such as mouseovers and selected page colors to help make your navigation menu more appealing.

• Links Tab

• The Links tab is where you will setup you page link.

7. Click on the + sign to the right of Link List to add pages to the site navigation menu.

8. In the small window, select Existing Page or File and click Browse.

9. Select the page name that you want to link to. Then, click Ok and Ok again.

10. You'll now have Link1 in your link list. With that link selected, look below the link list and you can rename Link1 to something more relevant (like Home).

11. Repeat these steps to setup all your pages and links.

12. Once you are done setting up your navigation menu, click Save and Publish to see your changes on your live site. You can also copy and paste this menu to any of your other pages so every page is linked to the others.

3 Messages

• 

152 Points

10 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
How do Irepair my navigation menu? I deleted it by mistake.

I am getting a error ox19
and an error 404 at the home menu drop down
This is driving me crazy I tried to add some pages to the and the navigation menu got all messed up because I added more tabs than the row of tabs could handle and they overlapped and I could not delete them. I ended up deleting the entire navigation bar and now I can not get it back.

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Richie2567, When you get to step #3, choose the option to use an existing menu, rather than create a new one, and you'll be able to add the original one back.

Mike

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

10 years ago

I made 3 pages but public can only view 1st page. How do I get all my pages to be viewed?.

i made 3 pages for my website but only one page shows up when people go to view my website. How do i get all my pages to show on my website?

2 Messages

• 

142 Points

10 years ago

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

10 years ago

Only Home page is accessable.

I have had my site for 2+ years and have never been able to make a full website with various pages and links. it will let me make pages but then it will only load my home page  no links to the other pages on my homepage. Help

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

10 years ago

Why does only one of my 3 pages show on the internet?.

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

cgonzales115893,

All of your pages are published, and viewable no the net. You just need to add navigation links to the pages. Follow the steps on this page to create a navigation menu.
Let us know if you have any problems.

Mike

3 Messages

• 

142 Points

10 years ago

Only home page is appearing on my website?.

I have added some pages to my website this morning and successfully published them but when I go to my webpage all I see is the homepage without links to my new pages. Do I have to wait to see the changes for 24 hours or what am I doing wrong? thanks

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

You will need to add a navigation menu.

Thanks

Drew

3 Messages

• 

142 Points

thank you i fixed it

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Excellent!

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

10 years ago

i accidently deleted the page buttons, how do i make page buttons.

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

alexisdayskinspa2349,   You won't need to recreate all the links. The Sitebuilder stores any navigation menus you've previously created so you can just add it back. Follow the steps on this page, except, when you get to #3, you'll see an option to "use an existing menu" rather than create a new one, and it will add them back to the page all at once. 

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

10 years ago

Why do I only see page 1 of my website?.

I built my website to have 3 pages but I only see page 1 on the web. How do I correct this?

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Hi Jerry Thomas ,  It looks like your pages are published and fine. The problem is that you just don't have any navigation links on the site. Follow the instructions on this page to add a navigation menu. Let us know if you get stuck or need clarification. 

Mike 

3 Messages

• 

152 Points

10 years ago

I lost my tabs?.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

You can add your navigation back by selecting an existing navigation menu.

Drew

6 Messages

• 

216 Points

10 years ago

how do I link pages.

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

You'll want to create a site navigation menu as shown on this topic.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

10 years ago

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Hi wandakowalski7314,

Follow these instructions, but when you get the pop up asking if you want a new or existing, select existing, then hit ok.

Thanks

Drew

4 Messages

• 

218 Points

10 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Navigation ISSUES............

I cannot understand how to create a navigation menu. I have created a site before using Homestead, but today this one is not working for me. I have followed both sets of recommended instructions and neither work in the end.

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Hi cindy9597,  Using the steps on this thread, can you tell us what step you are getting stuck on?  Or if you are getting any error messages etc? We'll need to know what you are seeing on your screen, that prevents the steps from working.

Mike 

4 Messages

• 

172 Points

10 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Need More Product Pages.

How do I make more product pages and list the pages at the bottom of the first page with page 1,2,3,4 and "next" etc. I can't fit all my products on one page.

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Hi nibbanacreations8764,

I would create a new navigation menu and place it on each page you wish.

Thanks

Drew

5 Messages

• 

184 Points

10 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I somehow deleted my main menu, and would like to get it back please!!!.

need help

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Ronald5491,   Follow the steps on this thread, except, when you get to step #3 choose the option to use an existing menu instead of creating a new menu. 

Mike 

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

10 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I just published my site and only the home page is visible with no menu. Help pl....

I just published my entire site and only the home page is visible with no navigation menu.  Help please!

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

DarleneLatshaw1079,

If you created one already and it just got removed, there is an option to use an existing menu. You can use that option.

Drew