homestead_faq's profileBrand User

677 Messages

• 

44.6K Points

Wednesday, October 17th, 2012 1:18 AM

Sitebuilder Plus: Create A Site Navigation Menu

Sitebuilder Plus: Create A Site Navigation Menu
The site navigation is what visitors use to go from one web page to another easily and quickly. It's a "global" element meaning that you can create the Site Navigation Menu once, and then add it to multiple pages without having to rebuild all of the links and details. Any change you make to that Site Navigation Menu on one of those pages will be applied to every page that the menu is on.

Here is how you can set up your navigation menu:

1. Click Websites Manager in the left navigation menu. Then, click Edit Site.

2. Click Insert in the top toolbar and select More from the drop-down menu. When the secondary drop-down menu appears, click Navigation Menu.

3. In the small window, Create a new Site Navigation Menu and click Ok.

4. Enter a name for your navigation menu or leave the default name in there and click Ok
  5. .

6. A placeholder box will appear on your page. To the right, in Site Navigation Menu Settings, there are editing tools available in the tabs.

• Basics Tab

• The Basics tab will allow you manipulate if you want your navigation menu to be horizontal or verticle

• Style Tab

• The Style tab allows you to customize how your links appears. You can make your links buttons, text, or even import your own images to use.

• Effects Tab

• The Effects tab allows you to create some different effects such as mouseovers and selected page colors to help make your navigation menu more appealing.

• Links Tab

• The Links tab is where you will setup you page link.

7. Click on the + sign to the right of Link List to add pages to the site navigation menu.

8. In the small window, select Existing Page or File and click Browse.

9. Select the page name that you want to link to. Then, click Ok and Ok again.

10. You'll now have Link1 in your link list. With that link selected, look below the link list and you can rename Link1 to something more relevant (like Home).

11. Repeat these steps to setup all your pages and links.

12. Once you are done setting up your navigation menu, click Save and Publish to see your changes on your live site. You can also copy and paste this menu to any of your other pages so every page is linked to the others.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

11 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Website edit gone wrong..

Ive been updating w new pictures, etc. And now when I Google my site, it only opens 1 page and does not allow moving thru the site. Hellp?

3 Messages

• 

174 Points

11 years ago

only 1 page of my site is published.

we have had this website for close to one year. We started with Intuit. Since the changeover to Homestead only one page of our four pages is published. We are paying for four pages.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

10 years ago

I need help with my website creation..

Hi Somebody,

This is the first time that I have created a website. I am having a problem. I don't know how to link all the pages together. If I search for my website online it only displays my home page.

4 Messages

• 

212 Points

10 years ago

page headings and links are no longer working.

I have deleted the page headings and I guess the links from home to services to photo to About Us. I am a novice so all instructions must be very clear! Help Help Help

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

It sounds like you may be referring to your navigation links. If this does not help, please describe in a little more detail and we'll be happy to help.

Mike

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

10 years ago

only can see one page.

I pointed my GO DADDY domain to Homestead; However, I can only see of my three pages

4 Messages

• 

252 Points

10 years ago

How do I make a sub folder not connected to the main page?.

I need to expand my site but when making a new page it always attaches to the main page. I want to make it a sub page and connects to a lesser page so it allows easier accuses to my items.

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

I'm not sure I understand your question, but it sounds like you might be wanting to create a secondary navigation menu. You create and add multiple navigation menus to your site and specific pages. Just follow the steps above.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

10 years ago

Hidden pages!.

My home page comes up, but the other 2 pages do not. How can I make these accessible?

4 Messages

• 

174 Points

10 years ago

How do I add Footer Navigation links to my site?.

How do I add Site Map, RSS Feeds, Privacy Policy, and my T&C's at the footer of my pages?

1.4K Messages

• 

262.9K Points

Add a new menu and you can link them to any page or URL.

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

10 years ago

where can i create a navigation button in sitebuilder.

i have not created a navigation button. Can I create the navigation button in sitebuilder?

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

10 years ago

my navigation bar disappeared. how do I get it back?.

It suddenly disappeared. When I go through the steps to create a navigation menu from existing the tabs are all over the place and not even all of them. Help!

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

When you get to step 3, there will be an option to "use an existing menu" which you can choose rather than creating a new one.

3 Messages

• 

162 Points

10 years ago

how do I add a tab on my page???.

4 Messages

• 

194 Points

10 years ago

BLOG questions -.

I have added a blog to my site. The blog page doesn't have the menu bar like the other pages, so once you've clicked on it you can't navigate back to the other pages. How do I get the menu bar to appear on the blog page?

Thanks!

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Follow the steps above, except, when you get to #3, you'll see an option to "use an existing menu" rather than create a new one.

Mike

3 Messages

• 

152 Points

10 years ago

4 Messages

• 

172 Points

10 years ago

pages two and three do not appear www.cleanavenuewindowcleaning.com.

I was wondering if my three published pages will appear online on another day? So far the home page (index) shows up but there are no tabs for the other two? Should I just wait Or? I published yesterday

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

You'll need to add the links. Follow the steps here; https://community.homestead.com/homes...

3 Messages

• 

162 Points

10 years ago

I copy websites from Homestead to other accounts in homestead. But autmatically all the navigation menus are copied as well. (the ones that are stored)...And each time I copy to another account, those navigation menus "multiply" ... and it creates new ones like :navgs.1.1.1.1.1. and navgs 1.1.1.1.2., etc...It takes HOURS clicking to copy...HOw do we delete stored navigation menus ?

782 Messages

• 

184.8K Points

Sorry, but there currently is not a way to delete the stored navigation menus.